Do I have a v taper

waist is blocky tbh, take a another pic of a double back bi so I can get a better look
avoid heavy db rows, heavy squats and deadlifts
make sure your food volume ain't high
dont train obliques
Whats wrong with db rows heavy squats and deadlifts? Good for back thickmaxxing

your ready to slay

• Woah
Reactions: Anchor_Ship
Whats wrong with db rows heavy squats and deadlifts? Good for back thickmaxxing
If you dont have big obliques and it doesnt have a tendecy to grow then do your DB rows as long as you dont feel it in your obliques. Look at any strong deadlifter or squatter, real thick waists. You can squat and deadlift but i would keep it at the rep range of 8-12.

• +1
Dont worry man it gets easier, focus on back and side delts if you wanna get it as fast as possible and go beyond failure
My bent over row is progressing well, started at just the bar now I’m doing 4 reps 45 + bar. Was plateaued at 5 pds and the bar for a long time

My bent over row is progressing well, started at just the bar now I’m doing 4 reps 45 + bar. Was plateaued at 5 pds and the bar for a long time
Thats good to hear, i know this forum glorifies leanness but if you want to gain some serious mass and make quick progress you got to eat a lot. If youre still a teen dont even worry about being sub 12%. I made the mistake of reducing effort in my workouts and cutting while i was 15, had crazy newbie gains potential and been going in the gym for 1 year already. My phisyque got a bit leaner, but not as lean as id have liked, so it was a lose lose situation for me, as i couldnt just starve myself. My strenght plateaud hard. I was 73kg with probs like %25 bf at 15, when i cut down i was like 69kg at probs ~20%bodyfat. Now im almost 17 years old, my strength has barely improved by 10-20kg on compound lifts 1 rep maxes, i weigh 72kg at probs 15% bf.

If i just bulked instead of doing some stupid yoyo dieting, id probably have made more than 2 times my strength and muscle gains as ive made from that first godforsaken cut. Found a guy my age from tiktok who absolutely mogs me at everything including gym, so i am making some progress now.

Anyway sorry for retarded formatting its 1:50am rn but i advise you to not go on retarded weight cuts if you havent been lifting and bulking consistently for at least 1.5years. Have a nice day

• +1
If you dont have big obliques and it doesnt have a tendecy to grow then do your DB rows as long as you dont feel it in your obliques. Look at any strong deadlifter or squatter, real thick waists. You can squat and deadlift but i would keep it at the rep range of 8-12.
Thats not right. Keeping the rep range to 8-12 is going to induce hypertrophy more than doing 1-5 reps for strength. If you squat 300kg and weigh 150kg of course you will have a big waist. As long as you dont have absolutely retarded genetics, your oblique gains will be made up for by side delt and back gains.

• +1
Thats not right. Keeping the rep range to 8-12 is going to induce hypertrophy more than doing 1-5 reps for strength. If you squat 300kg and weigh 150kg of course you will have a big waist. As long as you dont have absolutely retarded genetics, your oblique gains will be made up for by side delt and back gains.
Wrong. That would be the case if we are actually targetting the obliques when doing the exercise. Obliques only kick in when your squatting and deadlifting heavy as your core will have to kick in and it will eventually strengthen up and grow bigger. Especially if you tend to blow out as you go down it will stretch out your mid section, obliques and abdominal muscles. Look at crossfitters, they got strong ass cores but block waists cause of that. You just need to make sure your ancillary muscles dont kick in to avoid gettig a thicker waist and the best way to do that is squatting and deadlifting with lighter weight hence a higher rep range..

Last edited:
  • +1