do you ever become conscious while your body is asleep?

oldcel2002

oldcel2002

I will rope if I’m not 6”4 by May 2024
what i mean is that youre asleep but your eyes are open and you can hear and see but your whole body is asleep and you cant move

last night i was in this scenario when i felt fear all of a sudden so i started fighting the strong urge to close my eyes and fall asleep in fear that i would have a nightmare

keep in mind that while this was happening i could see my room as if i was awake and hear also, so to my left there was my phone playing a video which i could watch and there was sound too that i could hear, and in front of me i could see my monitor which i keep on so the light acts as sort of a night light.

(im afraid of the dark)

at first the urge to give in and fall asleep was just another day in the office so i could just fight it easily by moving my eyes and head a little bit ( in these specific scenarios i can only move my eyes and head and my toes a little bit, the rest of the fighting is just willpower)

but then the urge got really strong out of nowhere and that fear got more noticeable (the only times i have felt this specific fear is only when i have nightmares but thankfully i havent had nightmares in years)

i kept fighting the urge even more and at one point it was just pure willpower since the urge was extremely strong to give in

then it stopped for a few seconds to minutes

and i still had the urge and was still in that scenario but it was much much weaker

but then the weirdest and scariest fucking thing happened

the urge came back but now the fear strong and intense and i felt as if i was getting pushed down so i wouldnt move
the fear reminded me back to that fear i would have when i would have sleep paralysis and nightmares, its a specific fear that only people who can relate will know what im talking about

i had a horrible feeling that i would see a demon or monster or something so i began to try snap out of it hard, i moved my head and squinted my eyes hard to GTFO OF THAT SHIT

I COULD STILL SEE MY PHONE, HEAR EVERYTHING, ETC

THEN RIGHT BEFORE I SNAPPED OUT OF IT I HEARD AN EXTREMELY LOUD SOUND WHICH I CAN PERFECTLY DESCRIBE AS A FAST FREQUENCY/VIBRATION AND ONLY I HEARD IT, IF MY WHOLE HOUSE HEARD IT I WOULD HAVE WOKEN EVERYONE UP, IT FELT LIKE THE SOUND CAME FROM MY HEAD AND NOT FROM MY EARS BUT IT WAS AN INTENSE MOMENT

then right after that happened i immediately stopped feeling the urge to fall asleep and stayed awake for a good 2-3 hours in fear that it would happen again

it's called sleep paralysis