Does overeating cause height growth?

pumpeduppecs

pumpeduppecs

Platinum
I was an obese child and was fat my whole life until mid 20s now I’m 6’5. My dad was like 5’11 and my mom was something like 5’5 for the constant calorie surplus make me tall? My grandpa was tall also so maybe sine recessed genes

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 30432 and St.TikTokcel
No it doesn’t. If that was the case, then everybody would be stuffing their fucking faces.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: midlatinocel, Mewton, Kasanova and 4 others
Studies have proven that obese people tend to be taller.

Overeating PROTEIN will raise your HGH. Particularly the amino acids arginine/citrulline (which converts to arginine in the body), ornithine, and glycine. But just eating in general, no.

I was an obese child and was fat my whole life until mid 20s now I’m 6’5. My dad was like 5’11 and my mom was something like 5’5 for the constant calorie surplus make me tall? My grandpa was tall also so maybe sine recessed genes
Meds fast

I'm 189cm, grew taller than my dad, but I was very skinny as a child / teen. I carried on growing until around late 19 / early 20s, when at 18 I decided to eat more and workout.

It could easily just be coincidence and more related to me taking longer to go through puberty (until my hair started receding I could easily pass as a few years younger). I'm also autistic and autistic people tend to be slightly taller on average, maybe it's just that.

It's most likely a genetic limit, but eating more healthy food / exercising will help you reach that limit. So eating well won't necessarily make you taller, but eating poorly can make you shorter.

• Hmm...
Reactions: uberfuckchad
I'm 189cm, grew taller than my dad, but I was very skinny as a child / teen. I carried on growing until around late 19 / early 20s, when at 18 I decided to eat more and workout.

It could easily just be coincidence and more related to me taking longer to go through puberty (until my hair started receding I could easily pass as a few years younger). I'm also autistic and autistic people tend to be slightly taller on average, maybe it's just that.

It's most likely a genetic limit, but eating more healthy food / exercising will help you reach that limit. So eating well won't necessarily make you taller, but eating poorly can make you shorter.
how tall were you at 18 ?

I'm also autistic and autistic people tend to be slightly taller on average, maybe it's just that.
where tf did you get that source from? Because almost every autist ik is manlet lmao

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766 and Deleted member 23778
where tf did you get that source from? Because almost every autist ik is manlet lmao
Another autistic user. Autists I know also tend to be taller, but that's just anecdotal.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766 and plukee
Another autistic user. Autists I know also tend to be taller, but that's just anecdotal.
Go on incels.is, all the autistic users there are short aswell

• Hmm...
Reactions: Graham
yeah all the autists i know tend ON AVERAGE to be taller/lankier

• +1
yeah all the autists i know tend ON AVERAGE to be taller/lankier
All the autists i know are shorter than me where i live and on .is where do you live? Jfl at lankier too. Most autists can’t control what they eat cause there usually picky eaters and end up eating junk

Wym survivor bias bro.
The giga-manlets killed themselves, so in reality it's even worse.
Because the ugly short manlets are more likely to be on incels.is. That's survivor bias. Basically looking at a very small dataset, then extracting those results making the assumption that everything is like that, despite the initial sampling being very flawed in the first place.

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
Because the ugly short manlets are more likely to be on incels.is. That's survivor bias. Basically looking at a very small dataset, then extracting those results making the assumption that everything is like that, despite the initial sampling being very flawed in the first place.
Makes sense.

• +1
It causes fat growth for sure

Where did u get the assumption that autists r taller

Where did u get the assumption that autists r taller
IDK, I just see it getting thrown around tbh. I mainly put it there as a disclaimer, but it would reflect personal experience, but then the opposite can also be true for other people. There was a study done where the Autistic children were taller, but it says that's only within an age range, not overall.

From my experience, most autists I have encountered are generally taller.