Double jaw surgery with proper bite?

D

Deleted member 470

Kraken
Can you get double jaw with a normal bite? My orthodontist told me my occlusion is perfect, so am I correct in assuming double jaw would fuck up my bite?

Is genio the only option for fixing chin recession in my case? (not counting implants)

It wouldnt because it brings your lower and upper jaw forward after you bite has been corrected. That’s why you need to wear braces before the surgery.

• +1
Reactions: Slob and Deleted member 470
Can you get double jaw with a normal bite? My orthodontist told me my occlusion is perfect, so am I correct in assuming double jaw would fuck up my bite?

Is genio the only option for fixing chin recession in my case? (not counting implants)
if you have correct bite, doctors will perform am orthognatic surgery only if you face looks very recessed in the xray (and you pretend to have sleep apnoea).

if you can't find a doctor willing to perform an orthognatic surgery with a correct bite, you can still try CopeAndRope's DIY facepuller

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Slob, Deleted member 2846 and Deleted member 470
Yes, you can.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
if you have correct bite, doctors will perform am orthognatic surgery only if you face looks very recessed in the xray (and you pretend to have sleep apnoea).
my maxilla is fine I think so I doubt they'll do it, guess genio is the way to go for me

Yes, you can.
won't you end up with an underbite unless you also get a lefort or something?

my maxilla is fine I think so I doubt they'll do it, guess genio is the way to go for me

won't you end up with an underbite unless you also get a lefort or something?
most of the times orthognatic surgery consists in Lefort 1 + BSSO.

They just move the mandible and maxilla with the same length and angle to keep the same occlusion

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Lorsss and Deleted member 2846
I'm doing double jaw with a normal bite

No braces needed, prior or after surgery

no one will perfrorm the surgery

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 470