Dr. Erol Cansiz

S

suddenurge

Iron
Dr. Erol Cansiz has been mentioned as an affordable surgeon for custom-designed implants on this forum. But honestly, do we know anything about his skills (or lack thereof) when it comes to designing and inserting these types of implants? I cannot find any such designs or before/after pics on his instagram. His assistant does not answer any questions, but told me that I could ask Dr. Cansiz my questions about the procedure and its pricing if I book an online or in-person meeting for 100 Euros. Is this guy a waste of time and money or does he have some skills in custom-designed facial implant surgery?

• +1
Reactions: CoreSchizo
Dr. Erol Cansiz has been mentioned as an affordable surgeon for custom-designed implants on this forum. But honestly, do we know anything about his skills (or lack thereof) when it comes to designing and inserting these types of implants? I cannot find any such designs or before/after pics on his instagram. His assistant does not answer any questions, but told me that I could ask Dr. Cansiz my questions about the procedure and its pricing if I book an online or in-person meeting for 100 Euros. Is this guy a waste of time and money or does he have some skills in custom-designed facial implant surgery?
I will design it bhai

• +1
Reactions: suddenurge
From my experience its hard to get those answers until you have your consult. Most people getting facial implants don't share their results so finding results online is virtually impossible. If you book a consult you can ask the doctor for images of his designs and results, worst case scenario you're out 100 euros which is a very small sum in the grand scheme of things.

• +1
From my experience its hard to get those answers until you have your consult. Most people getting facial implants don't share their results so finding results online is virtually impossible. If you book a consult you can ask the doctor for images of his designs and results, worst case scenario you're out 100 euros which is a very small sum in the grand scheme of things.
Of course you are right that most people do not want their before/afters posted online. But there usually a few that do not mind. Also posting pictures of the designs or the manufactured implants should not be a problem. I would interpret the lack thereof as a sign that he does not have much experience in this area.

It is also true that 100 Euros is not unreasonable, but maybe a bit steep for a somewhat unknown Turkish surgeon. I read somewhere that one year ago he charged 50 Euros for a consultation. So it might be an indication that he raised his prices overall.

What else is known about him? I am talking about his skill as a maxillofacial surgeon in general, his bedside manner, his willingness to accommodate the patient and last but not least his 2024 prices?

What else is known about him? I am talking about his skill as a maxillofacial surgeon in general, his bedside manner, his willingness to accommodate the patient and last but not least his 2024 prices?
I can't say and you're unlikely to get much feedback on Cansiz on here, but looks like @longjohnmong has experience with him

I'm also in the process of choosing someone for implants right now so I know it's tough, all we can really do is schedule consults.

I can't say and you're unlikely to get much feedback on Cansiz on here, but looks like @longjohnmong has experience with him

I'm also in the process of choosing someone for implants right now so I know it's tough, all we can really do is schedule consults.
Ok, so we are at a similar stage of our journey. What other surgeons are you considering?

Yeah, I had trimax with him. I'm now working on getting implants, although I haven't taken any steps except telling him I want implants.

As far as I know, no surgeons actually design implants, as it's too time consuming. You work with them on the general plan and then they give that to a 3rd party who actually creates the design.

He has great bedside manner. He's extremely nice. He seems to like answering medical type questions and explaining medical shit. He's also very good at getting back to you once you have his personal whatsapp.

If you look at the OMFS tab on his insta there are a couple implant examples, though not B&A:

No idea about his 2024 prices. I imagine he did raise them as they were low even for Turkey, and I think he was doing better work than worse surgeons. Or maybe he just raised his consultation prices to weed out people wasting his time.

• +1
Yeah, I had trimax with him. I'm now working on getting implants, although I haven't taken any steps except telling him I want implants.

As far as I know, no surgeons actually design implants, as it's too time consuming. You work with them on the general plan and then they give that to a 3rd party who actually creates the design.

He has great bedside manner. He's extremely nice. He seems to like answering medical type questions and explaining medical shit. He's also very good at getting back to you once you have his personal whatsapp.

If you look at the OMFS tab on his insta there are a couple implant examples, though not B&A:

No idea about his 2024 prices. I imagine he did raise them as they were low even for Turkey, and I think he was doing better work than worse surgeons. Or maybe he just raised his consultation prices to weed out people wasting his time.
My understanding is that the designs are made in collaboration between the surgeon, after listening to the patient's wishes, and the implant manufacturer's CAD representative. Since the surgeon is the only one that follows each patient's process from the initial consultation to the final result, his experience and aesthetic eye is crucial for a good result.

Since you already have an established contact with him, it would be great if you could find out some more about his current price level.

My understanding is that the designs are made in collaboration between the surgeon, after listening to the patient's wishes, and the implant manufacturer's CAD representative. Since the surgeon is the only one that follows each patient's process from the initial consultation to the final result, his experience and aesthetic eye is crucial for a good result.

Since you already have an established contact with him, it would be great if you could find out some more about his current price level.
What implants are you interested in?

I know he works with like 5 different design companies. It's going to depend on that and also the material. For custom jaw implants he quoted me 1/2 the price for titanium than for PEEK.

• +1
What implants are you interested in?

I know he works with like 5 different design companies. It's going to depend on that and also the material. For custom jaw implants he quoted me 1/2 the price for titanium than for PEEK.
I am looking at zygomatic-malar-infraorbital and jaw implants.

There are two problems with titanium implants. First they are subject to corrosion and particle leakage over time. Secondly, they cannot be reshaped with a scalpel at the surgery table.

Does he do custom-designed silicone implants as well?

I had an in person consultation with him and paid 1k for planning. Was shit. No downgraft or any real attempt to fix my short face. Just gave me a 7 mm linear advancement that would just turn me into a dog. He did revise the plan to 5 mm but that is still too much for me. If you just need linear advancement or need lots of CCW, he’s okay. But if you need slight downgrafting or anything like that, just avoid him. I did get the impression that he is a little bit of a salesman but tbh all plastic surgeons are like that.

I had an in person consultation with him and paid 1k for planning. Was shit. No downgraft or any real attempt to fix my short face. Just gave me a 7 mm linear advancement that would just turn me into a dog. He did revise the plan to 5 mm but that is still too much for me. If you just need linear advancement or need lots of CCW, he’s okay. But if you need slight downgrafting or anything like that, just avoid him. I did get the impression that he is a little bit of a salesman but tbh all plastic surgeons are like that.
Thanks for your contribution.

Did you tell him that your short face needs to be corrected?

Did you express your aesthetic concerns to him and he rejected them?

He is a maxillofacial surgeon and may have based the planning on functionality, not aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel
Thanks for your contribution.

Did you tell him that your short face needs to be corrected?
Yup. Told him I wanted a longer face. He refused to do downgrafting.
Did you express your aesthetic concerns to him and he rejected them?
He didn’t reject them. It’s just that his plan wasn’t appropriate for my case.
He is a maxillofacial surgeon and may have based the planning on functionality, not aesthetics.
This is accurate. He just wanted to give me the largest possible expansion in my airways.

• +1
Reactions: Neroem