DRAFT Facial Aesthetics: General Guide

ethniccel

ethniccel

Deathnic
I AM NOT A MEDICALLY TRAINED PROFESSIONAL/NOR WILL I ANSWER ANY OF YOUR QUESTIONS RELATING TO YOUR LOOKS. THIS IS JUST ADVICE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO MAXIMIZE YOUR FACIAL AESTHETICS:
NOTE: Age range effectiveness
10-13: Effective
13-16: Effective (Puberty)
17+: Over or minimal impact (Can stay for general knowledge or gather advice for skin/hair/beards)

Alright first let's figure what makes up our facial aesthetics? and how important they are in order.
- Bone Structure(Highly Genetical Factor)

- Facial Harmony (Your perfect features don't matter if they don't compliment each other well)
- Symmetry (Genetical & Environmental Factors)
- Eye Area (Eyebrows, eyelashes, eye shape, eye color)
- Face fat distribution (Do not worry about this if you are going through puberty, or haven't experienced it yet focus on eating to ensure proper facial bone growth)

- Skin (Preferably smooth, no acne, healthy looking skin: I advise to not take Accutane in your adolescence, there are studies linking it to growth stunt. Study: https://www.mdpi.com/2673-396X/4/2/23 very recent study published in 2023=P)
- Hair (Hair can drastically make or break your looks & are essential for complimenting your features)
- Culture (Many culture desire different looks, so we'll be focusing more on "universal appeal" which is quite bogus to me)

Bone Structure Guide:
Alright first lets get a general understanding of our facial bones:
Main qimg b5c0cf86210a25f1037be8a6539648f4 pjlq

As it is obviously a lot to uncover I'll be focusing on the ones I believe are most important for facial aesthetics:

- Mandible/Lower Jaw: Makes up a majority of your jawline/chin, which is ONE of the most important feature as it heavily influences dimorphism, symmetry and sex appeal.
- Maxilla/Upper Jaw: The maxilla forms the upper jaw and contributes to the middle part of the face. It includes the upper teeth and plays a significant role in the shape of the nose, the position of the eyes, and the overall midface structure.
- Zygomatic Bones (Cheekbones): The zygomatic bones form the prominence of the cheeks and contribute to the definition of the midface. Well-defined cheekbones are often associated with a youthful and attractive appearance (Heavily influences Hollow cheeks)
- Nasal Bones: The nasal bones form the bridge of the nose. The size and shape of the nasal bones, along with the overall structure of the nose, can impact facial aesthetics
- Frontal Bone: The frontal bone forms the forehead. Its shape can influence the perceived height and contour of the forehead, which contributes to the overall balance of the face
- Orbital Bones (Eye Sockets): The orbital bones house the eyes and contribute to the shape and symmetry of the eye area. The size and position of the eye sockets influence the appearance of the eyes
- Temporal Bones: The temporal bones contribute to the sides and base of the skull. They can affect the width of the face and the contour of the temples
- Sphenoid Bone: The sphenoid bone is located at the base of the skull and contributes to the structure of the face, It plays a role in supporting the shape of the midface.

1. Mandible/Lower Jaw tips: The condylar cartilage in the mandible is a secondary cartilage. It has been shown that mechanical stimuli are necessary for the normal growth of this type of cartilage [2024]. Bite-jumping appliances (orthodontic/orthopedic functional appliances) have long been used for “growth modification” of the mandible in the field of orthodontics and craniofacial orthopedics, basically visit your orthodontist.

Training your masseter by chewing hard foods/gum or clenching your teeth (not advised can lead to fractures in teeth) can lead to overall increase in width and prominence of jaw.

Growth hormone: growth hormone (GH) is an anterior pituitary hormone that induces general growth including bone [6569]. It has been reported that systemic administration of GH enhances bone formation in animals [68]. Also, GH plays an important role not only in skeletal growth and development in young people but also in regulating bone remodeling throughout life [70]. Cell surface receptors for GH have been reported to be present in the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) [71].

Children undergoing GH therapy for short stature or isolated GH deficiency (who usually have normal jaw size) can experience a burst in jaw growth while on the GH therapy [72, 73].

In spite of the potential side effects of GH administration such as inducing body weight gain [74] and upregulation of proto-oncogenes like C-jun in liver [75], kidney, and other vital tissues [76], there has been an attempt to enhance mandibular growth by local injection of recombinant growth hormone (rGH) into the posterior attachment of mandibular condyle of growing rats with or without LIPUS application [77]. The hypothesized mechanism of action of local rGH application is to increase endochondoral bone formation in the mandibular condyles without possible side effect of systemic use of rGH. The findings indicated that local rGH injection into mandibular condyles in rats increased mandibular growth compared to the control group. The study concluded that the used rGH dose does not have synergistic effect in combination with LIPUS application in enhancing mandibular bone volume or mandibular surface area while the combined treatment increased mandibular head length compared to either treatment alone (Figures 2(a) and 2(b)). Also, local injection of rGH increased C-jun in the liver [77]. Therefore, it seems to be prudent to have an optimized rGH/LIPUS protocol to enhance mandibular growth with minimum potential side effects and to study the effect of rGH in the long term. Future studies are needed to test the hypothesis that local injection of different rGH doses to mandibular condyle can modulate molecular mechanisms of mandibular growth, especially Runx2, VEGF, Sox9, and type-II collagen. Until the optimized rGH dose with or without LIPUS application can stimulate mandibular growth with minimum or no systemic side effect, the possible clinical application of rGH may not be foreseen.

(STUDY: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3681221/)

Draft I'll finish this after school.

• +1
Reactions: Fishy, heightmaxxing, Justical and 1 other person
5/10 thread

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Good effort despite the misinformation

- Orthodontic appliances won't grow the mandible even in puberty

- Chewing isn't shown to visually change the mandible bone

- I've seen a few guys who abused HGH during puberty, they did seem to get abnormal mandible growth but not in a favorable way at all in my opinion. It looked very ogre, but even that aside it'd probably not be worth due to cost and side effects

Surgery or cope.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: the next o'pry, Mr. President, zura and 1 other person
all theory yet all accounts lead otherwise

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
Good effort despite the misinformation

- Orthodontic appliances won't grow the mandible even in puberty

- Chewing isn't shown to visually change the mandible bone

- I've seen a few guys who abused HGH during puberty, they did seem to get abnormal mandible growth but not in a favorable way at all in my opinion. It looked very ogre, but even that aside it'd probably not be worth due to cost and side effects

Surgery or cope.
Sent you message

I AM NOT A MEDICALLY TRAINED PROFESSIONAL/NOR WILL I ANSWER ANY OF YOUR QUESTIONS RELATING TO YOUR LOOKS. THIS IS JUST ADVICE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO MAXIMIZE YOUR FACIAL AESTHETICS:
NOTE: Age range effectiveness
10-13: Effective
13-16: Effective (Puberty)
17+: Over or minimal impact (Can stay for general knowledge or gather advice for skin/hair/beards)

Alright first let's figure what makes up our facial aesthetics? and how important they are in order.
- Bone Structure(Highly Genetical Factor)

- Facial Harmony (Your perfect features don't matter if they don't compliment each other well)
- Symmetry (Genetical & Environmental Factors)
- Eye Area (Eyebrows, eyelashes, eye shape, eye color)
- Face fat distribution (Do not worry about this if you are going through puberty, or haven't experienced it yet focus on eating to ensure proper facial bone growth)

- Skin (Preferably smooth, no acne, healthy looking skin: I advise to not take Accutane in your adolescence, there are studies linking it to growth stunt. Study: https://www.mdpi.com/2673-396X/4/2/23 very recent study published in 2023=P)
- Hair (Hair can drastically make or break your looks & are essential for complimenting your features)
- Culture (Many culture desire different looks, so we'll be focusing more on "universal appeal" which is quite bogus to me)

Bone Structure Guide:
Alright first lets get a general understanding of our facial bones:
View attachment 2617873

As it is obviously a lot to uncover I'll be focusing on the ones I believe are most important for facial aesthetics:

- Mandible/Lower Jaw: Makes up a majority of your jawline/chin, which is ONE of the most important feature as it heavily influences dimorphism, symmetry and sex appeal.
- Maxilla/Upper Jaw: The maxilla forms the upper jaw and contributes to the middle part of the face. It includes the upper teeth and plays a significant role in the shape of the nose, the position of the eyes, and the overall midface structure.
- Zygomatic Bones (Cheekbones): The zygomatic bones form the prominence of the cheeks and contribute to the definition of the midface. Well-defined cheekbones are often associated with a youthful and attractive appearance (Heavily influences Hollow cheeks)
- Nasal Bones: The nasal bones form the bridge of the nose. The size and shape of the nasal bones, along with the overall structure of the nose, can impact facial aesthetics
- Frontal Bone: The frontal bone forms the forehead. Its shape can influence the perceived height and contour of the forehead, which contributes to the overall balance of the face
- Orbital Bones (Eye Sockets): The orbital bones house the eyes and contribute to the shape and symmetry of the eye area. The size and position of the eye sockets influence the appearance of the eyes
- Temporal Bones: The temporal bones contribute to the sides and base of the skull. They can affect the width of the face and the contour of the temples
- Sphenoid Bone: The sphenoid bone is located at the base of the skull and contributes to the structure of the face, It plays a role in supporting the shape of the midface.

1. Mandible/Lower Jaw tips: The condylar cartilage in the mandible is a secondary cartilage. It has been shown that mechanical stimuli are necessary for the normal growth of this type of cartilage [2024]. Bite-jumping appliances (orthodontic/orthopedic functional appliances) have long been used for “growth modification” of the mandible in the field of orthodontics and craniofacial orthopedics, basically visit your orthodontist.

Training your masseter by chewing hard foods/gum or clenching your teeth (not advised can lead to fractures in teeth) can lead to overall increase in width and prominence of jaw.

Growth hormone: growth hormone (GH) is an anterior pituitary hormone that induces general growth including bone [6569]. It has been reported that systemic administration of GH enhances bone formation in animals [68]. Also, GH plays an important role not only in skeletal growth and development in young people but also in regulating bone remodeling throughout life [70]. Cell surface receptors for GH have been reported to be present in the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) [71].

Children undergoing GH therapy for short stature or isolated GH deficiency (who usually have normal jaw size) can experience a burst in jaw growth while on the GH therapy [72, 73].

In spite of the potential side effects of GH administration such as inducing body weight gain [74] and upregulation of proto-oncogenes like C-jun in liver [75], kidney, and other vital tissues [76], there has been an attempt to enhance mandibular growth by local injection of recombinant growth hormone (rGH) into the posterior attachment of mandibular condyle of growing rats with or without LIPUS application [77]. The hypothesized mechanism of action of local rGH application is to increase endochondoral bone formation in the mandibular condyles without possible side effect of systemic use of rGH. The findings indicated that local rGH injection into mandibular condyles in rats increased mandibular growth compared to the control group. The study concluded that the used rGH dose does not have synergistic effect in combination with LIPUS application in enhancing mandibular bone volume or mandibular surface area while the combined treatment increased mandibular head length compared to either treatment alone (Figures 2(a) and 2(b)). Also, local injection of rGH increased C-jun in the liver [77]. Therefore, it seems to be prudent to have an optimized rGH/LIPUS protocol to enhance mandibular growth with minimum potential side effects and to study the effect of rGH in the long term. Future studies are needed to test the hypothesis that local injection of different rGH doses to mandibular condyle can modulate molecular mechanisms of mandibular growth, especially Runx2, VEGF, Sox9, and type-II collagen. Until the optimized rGH dose with or without LIPUS application can stimulate mandibular growth with minimum or no systemic side effect, the possible clinical application of rGH may not be foreseen.

(STUDY: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3681221/)

Draft I'll finish this after school.
Ayo great thread ngl. But it can best of best if you finish it

great thread op please tag me when you finish it

Excellent thread, OP! Kindly notify me with a tag once you've completed it.