EFFECT OF BIMAX ADVANCEMENT ON HYOID BONE POSITION

A

aesthete

Iron
I would assume that the hyoid bone resting position moves upwards when the jaws are moved forwards.
How does rotation (cw/ccw ) influence it?

I would assume that the hyoid bone resting position moves upwards when the jaws are moved forwards.
How does rotation (cw/ccw ) influence it?
Barely changes since it's extremely hard to change its position (impossible basically). There's too many ligaments there. They'd have to rip your throat apart xd. Your submental area looks better after bimax because both your upper and lower jaws get a significant amount of advancement.

25 class III patients, including 18 females (72%) and 7 males (28%) with a mean age of 24.32±5.87, were studied. The cephalometric analysis demonstrated significant decreases in variable angles during the follow-up periods, except for LAH-MP angle (P<0.001). The hyoid bone moved downward and backward relative to its original position following the mandibular setback surgery. However, the bone gradually returned to the preoperative location between 6 to 12 months postoperatively.

• +1
Reactions: Asspear, Tai Lung and aesthete
It's over for hyoidcels. (me)

bimax + postural restoration raises it.

• +1
Reactions: eagle_tren123
jutting my lower jaw forward by 1cm essentially fixes my whole submental area. I have a normal bite and a strong square chin. So I thought bimax advancement might be an option for me with the nice benefit of improving airway volume aswell.