Why you probably dont want to get dogmaxxed with bimax

6ft4

TFBEM is the Meta
When aspiring to get bimax I photohopped myself from side profile and thought "yeah the more I move both of my jaws forward the more of an antefaced, forward grown mogger I look like"

What you dont take into consideration though is that advancement in 2D doesnt translate aesthetically into real life 3D

Despite already having a mandible thats too long for my face (underbite) so long as I moved the maxilla forward enough, there was room for another couple of mm of mandible advancement (the Alfaro protocal) or so I thought...

Having actually had bimax with the mandible moved back by a mm, I am quite happy I was not dogmaxxed more

It's only when you see your new face in mirrors that you can appreciate how much your upper maxilla holds you back from dogmaxxing

When your entire maxilla is recessed, you cant conceptualize how it would look for your lower maxilla to be brought forward causing an upper/lower discrepancy

Once it is moved forward and your manidble is aligned with your new maxilla, you see just how absurd it looked to have an mandible that was overly long for you face that you were just always used to

Now after surgery, in the post orthodontics stage I found myself stressing if I thought my mandible might creep forward by a millimetre again because I can see how out of line it would put it relative to my skull cube boundaries, even though it was furlongs out of the boundary before

Imagine this is your head

Being too dogmaxxed just moves your anteface too far out of your skull cube boundaries while your upper face remains it's natural level of flatness

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: St. Fraudcel, PrimoMaxxer and mirrormogger
That’s when monobloc takes its place :ogre:

• +1
Reactions: the next o'pry and Deleted member 64064
good thread

Upper maxilla and forehead need to be moved forward for it to work which is impossible

• +1
Reactions: PickleTheSlayer
Maxilla recession is a myth most people's problem are on sagitally assymetrical mandible. Fixing only the mandible is also easier than touching your maxilla and gives the same results. The only thing that matters is proportion.

• +1
Reactions: PickleTheSlayer, the next o'pry and ccwarrior