Enhancing Jawline Definition with Botox: Achieve a More Defined Look

TheMilkMan

TheMilkMan

Strive for Excellence or Perish
Abstract: The contents of this post will go over the use of botox to reduce platsymal pull for the appearance of a tighter and more defined jawline. Individuals with low hyoid bones, overactive platysmas, or sagging jowls may find this treatment effective in creating a more snatched appearance.

Description: As we are aware, Botox can induce muscle paralysis or relaxation, potentially leading to aesthetically pleasing outcomes if administered correctly, typically lasting 3-4 months. The research I have conducted and am presenting explores utilizing Botox to enhance jawline definition by targeting the platysma muscle.

*Platysma highlighted in red*

When activated, the platysma contracts, exerting a downward pull on various structures of the lower face and neck. The platysma's contraction can influence the appearance of the neck, potentially contributing to the formation of visible neck bands and a less defined jawline. The platysma's downward pull is a key component in facial expression and can impact the aesthetic appearance of the lower face and neck.

When the platysma muscle is overactive or if an individual has a low hyoid it can contribute to sagging appearance of the lower face/neck. Therefore, by injecting botox into the platysma the muscle can be relaxed and help tighten the jawline and creating a more defined and snatched appearance. The mechanism behind this involves the relaxation/paralysis of the platysma which in turn reduces the downward pull of the platysma and as a result the muscles above the platysma can exert their upper pull more effectively.

Procedure: We will be targeting the supramandibular portion of platysma which is the upper part of the platysma that attaches to the face. We will have 4 equally spaced points along the lower part of the jawline into the platysma approximately 1cm above the mandible. Each injection point should receive 2-5 IUs of Botox, it is recommend to start with a lower dose and add more as needed to get your desired effect.

• Identifying Target Area: The supramandibular portion of the platysma is located along the lower part of the jawline, just above the mandible (jawbone).
  • Marking Injection Points: Four equally spaced points are marked along the lower part of the jawline, approximately 1cm above the mandible. These points are where the injections will be administered into the platysma muscle.
  • Injection: Botox is injected superficially (2-3mm) into each of the marked points. The injection is directed into the platysma muscle to relax its activity and reduce the downward pull on the lower face and neck.

Further Experimentation: Injecting the platysma below the mandible for added effect.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Amadeus, albanian_chad, user123456 and 6 others
Nice thread. Dnr, repped for effort.

quality
what about cost ?

quality
what about cost ?
Dependent on what you can source botulinum toxin for. Going rate is anywhere from $0.40-$0.90 per unit, so cost = 0.4 x (total units you will use)

• Woah
Reactions: Rivers of Nihil
Have a Botox Appointment next Week, will show this to my doctor. Hope she will try it.
If so I'll give a feedback how good this works

Fillers are cope get implants

• Ugh..
Reactions: BrahminBoss
I tried my best to educate people on the danger of botox, but they refuse to listen. So I gave up trying to help

• +1
Reactions: Nigger
Have a Botox Appointment next Week, will show this to my doctor. Hope she will try it.
If so I'll give a feedback how good this works
Had done it. Little difference but noticeable. Worth it for only 70€!

Had done it. Little difference but noticeable. Worth it for only 70€!
Very nice, have any before and afters you would be willing to share?

Unfortunately no before and after pictures. I am sorry!