Examples of Ectomorph bodybuilders

P

Phoenix997

Iron
I’m talking with or without gear, doesn’t matter. Ectomorph as in small bone structure and very skinny in childhood.

I’m 5’11”... My wrists are 6.75”, ankles are a surprising 9.25”... clavicles aren’t long... 10” inter-nipple distance so small-average rib cage.

Can I gain an worthwhile amount of muscle with gear? And what bodybuilders with similar bone structure would you recommend I follow ?

I know there’s David Laid. Did Frank Zane have skinny wrists or was he just short ?

56B12170 DFCC 49A6 B780 4A7AAD655638

• Love it
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU, Phoenix997 and beyourself

Skywalker

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962, I'mme, Phoenix997 and 1 other person
Lexx little

Lexx little

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU and Phoenix997
IMG 20191203 221553

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lolcel, PubertyMaxxer, Madhate and 3 others
Ea44d0ac8f3cb4afb423d0f65904ffe8

But don't get your hopes too high, they either had a huge growth spurt at like 14, or hopped on roids young
One thing you can notice though, is how they all had long torsoes

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
We are one foot into 2020 and niggas still be falling for the ect/meso/endo meme.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: wagbox, Chadelite, GoMadAndSTFU and 2 others
We are one foot into 2020 and niggas still be falling for the ect/meso/endo meme.

How is this a meme? I don’t get why people say this. Do you not believe in thickness of bone structure? Androgen receptors? Genetic muscle belly fullness?

Even on gear, Ectomorphs have a more difficult time getting very big.

David Laid doesn’t look MASSIVE in clothes.

Brandon Harding looks MASSIVE in clothes.
View attachment 187872

But don't get your hopes too high, they either had a huge growth spurt at like 14, or hopped on roids young

I’m done growing anyway.

I just want to get very big. Like 240 ibs. Right now I’m 210 ibs.

You can look very good if you’re very muscular at 5’11. Thick neck, chest, wide back, thick legs etc. This will get you noticed at clubs.

Don’t have to be 6’2.

• +1
Reactions: lookserumaxeru and 6'4 looksmaxxxer
View attachment 187872

Proportions are extremely underrated here. Long legs and long torso are extremely aesthetic.

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax

Brandon Harding looks MASSIVE in clothes
Pretty sure that this Brandon guy is on more juice than Laid.

• +1
How is this a meme? I don’t get why people say this. Do you not believe in thickness of bone structure? Androgen receptors? Genetic muscle belly fullness?

Even on gear, Ectomorphs have a more difficult time getting very big.

Brandon Harding looks MASSIVE in clothes.

I’m done growing anyway.

I just want to get very big. Like 240 ibs. Right now I’m 210 ibs.

You can look very good if you’re very muscular at 5’11. Thick neck, chest, wide back, thick legs etc. This will get you noticed at clubs.

Don’t have to be 6’2.
some people have small bone structures some have big. But a ectomorph is just a guy with a naturally small appetite thats why its hard for him to get big.

Proportions are extremely underrated here. Long legs and long torso are extremely aesthetic.

I think this has been debated before, but as someone with long legs and shorter torso, I can’t help but feel long torso is very key.

I know some people have brought up studies showing that a shorter torso- longer legs is a masculine trait, but I have to intuitively disagree.

Long legs are very important. Long torso even more so.

This whole thread is cope, clavicles grow until 27 more or less

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
some people have small bone structures some have big. But a ectomorph is just a guy with a naturally small appetite thats why its hard for him to get big.

But somatotype is just the scientific word for “people with small bone structures” lol. It is based purely on bone structure, nothing else. It’s the same thing as height just in a different plane of space.

Tallness refers to the vertical height of your bone structure, somatotype basically refers to the horizontal width/ thickness of all of your bones. It’s all genetic.

To deny somatotypes means you also deny that some people are taller than others lol.

Has nothing to do with appetite, there’s a correlation but it doesn’t mean anything for the sake of your argument.

If you’re saying a born genetic ectomorph with skinny wrists that girls laughed at in primary school can eat his way to thicker bone structure during his development, you’re wrong.

Appetite and somatotype is just a correlation. Ectomorphs need less calories to function because they are smaller, it doesn’t mean eating like a mesomoph would give them a mesomorphic bone structure.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: tylerhunter97
Nah. Somatotypes are based purely on bone structure. It’s the same thing as height just in a different plane of space.

Tallness refers to the vertical height of your bone structure, somatotype basically refers to the horizontal width/ thickness of all of your bones. It’s all genetic.

To deny somatotypes means you also deny that some people are taller than others lol.
Yea i know they say ectomorphs have small bone structures. But they also say they have a super fast matabolism. I do know people are born with different bone structures. But ectomorphs tend to have a smaller appitite. So thats why they are skinny. People have call themselves hardgainers that cannot gain weight have smaller appitites.

Yea i know they say ectomorphs have small bone structures. But they also say they have a super fast matabolism. I do know people are born with different bone structures. But ectomorphs tend to have a smaller appitite. So thats why they are skinny. People have call themselves hardgainers that cannot gain weight have smaller appitites.
Yeah I know what you’re saying but even an Ectomorph who eats a lot and Trains hard still looks less impressive than a mesomorph doing the same, is what I’m saying.

Yeah I know what you’re saying but even an Ectomorph who eats a lot and Trains hard still looks less impressive than a mesomorph doing the same, is what I’m saying.
Yes because they the mesomorphs tend to have a good bone structure. Wheres ectomorphs have tiny bone structures lol. Not everyone has the bone structure of arnold. Also muscle insertions.

I think this has been debated before, but as someone with long legs and shorter torso, I can’t help but feel long torso is very key.

I know some people have brought up studies showing that a shorter torso- longer legs is a masculine trait, but I have to intuitively disagree.

Long legs are very important. Long torso even more so.
Long torso with short legs look gross to me tbh. Like an ant.

I just measured my legs and torso. I’m 6’.05”
Legs (soles to hips): 43in
Torso (collarbones to hips): 21in

Seems balanced to me

Yes because they the mesomorphs tend to have a good bone structure. Wheres ectomorphs have tiny bone structures lol. Not everyone has the bone structure of arnold. Also muscle insertions.

Lol right so I’m not exactly sure how it’s a “meme.” You also have to consider where there is small bone structure, there is less muscle tissue wrapped around it.

Not only that, hard gaining doesn’t only have to do with not eating enough. Some people’s genetics just don’t manufacture new muscle tissue as easily as other people’s. Just like how their DNA didn’t exactly manufacture them a good amount of bone.

• +1
Reactions: Phillybeard1996
Lol right so I’m not exactly sure how it’s a “meme.” You also have to consider where there is small bone structure, there is less muscle tissue wrapped around it.

Not only that, hard gaining doesn’t only have to do with not eating enough. Some people’s genetics just don’t manufacture new muscle tissue as easily as other people’s. Just like how their DNA didn’t exactly manufacture them a good amount of bone.
Yea even on gear. Like almost everyone can get up to 280 pounds bodyweight if they eat enough. But for almost everyone they wont be 280 lean except for the gifted.

• +1
Reactions: CANI, I'mme, androgenic and 1 other person
Yea even on gear. Like almost everyone can get up to 280 pounds bodyweight if they eat enough. But for almost everyone they wont be 280 lean except for the gifted.

Yeah exactly that’s why I laugh when people say Ectomorphs just need to eat more. Eating a calorie surplus is more correlated with gaining fat tissue than muscle, if anything.

Sure it’s needed and helps but....

Muscle is about your DNA’s response to overload stimulus. But some people (meso) build more muscle in response to that stimulus than others (echo), and need less of a stimulus to do so.

It’s about how substantially/ easily/ quickly your genetics builds new muscle in response to overload stimulus. It’s why some mesos can go half-assed in the gym and still make gains. It’s not because they’re eating more calories lol.

Ectomorhs’ DNA send out a more sluggish, almost reluctant response to manufacture new muscle, even if the overload is the exact same as a mesomorphs’

It’s because God wanted Ectmorphs to be the fast sprinters in the tribe, not warriors.

• +1
All of these fags are meso ectos. Im pretty sure ecto menas framecel

Most aesthetic possibly. But women want big beefy hunks, not necessarily aesthetic. Not that being aesthetic will hurt you. Just saying what’s ideal.

In the last year I’ve learned a lot about what hot women want, because ive asked them. People underestimate how much women just want BIG guys.
They want phil heath

yeah brah zyzz

u mirin?

frank zane

• +1
Reactions: Phoenix997
How dafaq you get long legs and long torso at the same time?
Most aesthetic possibly. But women want big beefy hunks, not necessarily aesthetic. Not that being aesthetic will hurt you. Just saying what’s ideal.

In the last year I’ve learned a lot about what hot women want, because ive asked them. People underestimate how much women just want BIG guys.
So what is the ideal body?

I’m talking with or without gear, doesn’t matter. Ectomorph as in small bone structure and very skinny in childhood.

I’m 5’11”... My wrists are 6.75”, ankles are a surprising 9.25”... clavicles aren’t long... 10” inter-nipple distance so small-average rib cage.

Can I gain an worthwhile amount of muscle with gear? And what bodybuilders with similar bone structure would you recommend I follow ?

I know there’s David Laid. Did Frank Zane have skinny wrists or was he just short ?
what is ur hips widht and waist circumference?

Frank Zane had 6 inch wrists when he started out (which grew to 6'5). The whole classic physique look came down to him having a small waist, which usually comes with small wrists. You're good.

I'm exactly the same; 6'3 inch wrists, small hips, decent chest, good calves 16" (untrained). We have a good base for a bodybuilder. Need to get to work.