Face pulling/thumb pulling with a retainer?

RandomPerson1893

RandomPerson1893

Iron
To those who have had or seen good results from face pulling and thumb pulling, if I’m wearing a retainer, do all gains go away since I block tooth movement at night?

I can definitely feel face pulling with a towel improving my bite and helping aesthetically (since that is more overall forward movement), but I’m not sure if it would even do anything long term, let alone thumbpulling since it requires lateral expansion as well, which the retainer would probably not allow either.

I feel like the answer is to stop wearing my retainer. But then my teeth may shift to their original bad position over time, but it could be that since I have good tongue posture all day and night and would perform face pulls and thumb pulls religiously, it may not ruin my teeth, but this is likely just cope.

A more reasonable but not necessary feasible alternative might be to make my own custom aligners that promote the shift of my teeth outward and forward in conjunction with the fax pulling and thumb pulling. But I’m not sure if this is even a good idea or going to work at all.

Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks

stop wearing the goytainer

ur natural retainer is ur tongue

I thought it probably would, but do u have any data supporting it? I definitely would rather throw that plastic into the trash but I’ve got to be sure it’s the right call and won’t require new aligning

I thought it probably would, but do u have any data supporting it?
no cuz jews dont let any data get published

I definitely would rather throw that plastic into the trash but I’ve got to be sure it’s the right call and won’t require new aligning
teeth never require orthodontics. its a problem alright, but guess what else is a problem? recession. yet they dont treat u for that cuz they want u subhuman and unhealthy (u will pay for medicine years later when u age in some aspects prematurely from poor breathing and sleep) they just put on some braces for money to "treat" u. very very strategic, they keep u recessed. once u get sleep apnea u buy thier machine to breathe

the only real solution is fixing face structure (this may not be entirely possible)

no cuz jews dont let any data get published

teeth never require orthodontics. its a problem alright, but guess what else is a problem? recession. yet they dont treat u for that cuz they want u subhuman and unhealthy (u will pay for medicine years later when u age in some aspects prematurely from poor breathing and sleep) they just put on some braces for money to "treat" u. very very strategic, they keep u recessed. once u get sleep apnea u buy thier machine to breathe

the only real solution is fixing face structure (this may not be entirely possible)
I get that and if I were 12 I’d stop no question, but now I’m 20, so I’m not sure if throwing the retainer would be feasible since teeth would shift but jaw/maxilla would remain somewhat stationary since no more puberty. I don’t have any breathing problems with the retainer now and I’m not recessed but my maxilla isn’t as forward as it should have been

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
I get that and if I were 12 I’d stop no question, but now I’m 20, so I’m not sure if throwing the retainer would be feasible since teeth would shift but jaw/maxilla would remain somewhat stationary since no more puberty. I don’t have any breathing problems with the retainer now and I’m not recessed but my maxilla isn’t as forward as it should have been
have ur wisdom teeth erupted?

have ur wisdom teeth erupted?
Yes they are fully out and are very much in line with the rest of my teeth so they aren’t a problem at all. I honestly think it’s cuz I was mewing while they were coming out but idk

• +1
why would ur teeth shift if ur jaws are stable and ur breathing is not problematic?

Because orthodontics put an unnatural strain on them for 2 years and the “science” says they will revert to their more natural position over time. If true this would probably mean I’d go through a period of unstraight teeth but then MAYBE after like 10 years they straighten and widen from good tongue posture and such. Idk.

• Hmm...