Need help with fixing my forehead, can't decide on what to do

researcher888

researcher888

Bronze
I have an naturally very high hairline (9cm) with minimal amount of recession on right temple (left in the picture). The other temple has no recession at all. My hair has been stable for a number of years without any medication, just dermaneedling at a depth of 1.5mm which actually caused a lot of little hairs to grow (those that you see in the photo at the hairline, and a lot on my right temple).

image.png

My forehead has bothered me since I was a kid, always had people commenting on it, etc. But for me it's really hard to decide what to do, and I want some help.

The options I have are:
  1. forehead reduction 1.5-2cm, combined with a hair transplant in the future over the scar. This would in theory create the best and most dense result possible, spending minimal grafts (better donor). At the cost of a scar at my hairline that may or may not lead to complications, but can probably be hidden with the transplant. My father is bald, but all the males in my mom's family have very dense hair in old age. Seeing as I'm approaching 30 with minimal hairloss, I'm thinking my hair will probably stay stable, but can't be fully sure. I have quite bad scarring in general so the scar scares me a lot. With a transplant I could in theory lower my hairline by 2.5-3cm.
  2. Multiple FUE transplant to lower the hairline by 2CM. This comes at a risk of depleting my donor area, potentially grafts falling out, and achieving less density than I would by just lowering my hairline. Also scarring at the back of the head. I would need a lot of grafts to get a dense look, and my hairline will likely always be different than my natural hair behind it. Also having the risk of receding in the future,etc. of course. But this option doesn't leave me with the hairline reduction scar.
  3. FUT transplant. Similar to above, but I've been told FUT produces more dense results and uses less donor area. The hairs taken in FUT are more DHT resistant. Not sure about this.
  4. Accept it. to be real, this is not an option for me. I've been wearing caps and beanies for too many years. I want it to be resolved. Genuinely, my forehead is the only thing holding me back from creating an instagram and taking pictures of myself, etc. It's been a lifetime of pain looking like megamind.
Would be really glad to get any advice/opinions. If I was SURE the forehead reduction would go well and a transplant could easily cover the scar, I would probably go for this. But I scar easily, and shit always can go wrong. If i could fix my forehead which is my main flaw, I would be considered quite good looking by any standard.

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • So Sad
Reactions: zeshama, Tallman, MrOrion and 2 others
I already found surgeons for both transplant, and hairline reduction but I can't figure out what I should do. Even talked to multiple PSLers, paid for consult, but still not sure..

Just fraud with haircut

• +1
Reactions: researcher888
HL + HT

• +1
just grow it out

• +1
Reactions: Tallman and researcher888
It's basically like having a natural norwood 3.

• So Sad
Reactions: BootySniffer69
NEED MORE advice..

How old are you? I’d opt in for finasteride to further stabilise and minoxidil for potential re growth. Your forehead isn’t bad, pretty normal for a white you but your hairline isn’t the best. Stabilising it till you can get a HT would be your best bet. White guys can easily fraud large foreheads and no one really bats an eye unless your dream cut is a Cesar or sone shit lmao

• +1
Reactions: Dontknowan and researcher888
Hahahahahahagaaaaa i can fly a plane

Big ass foreheaad nigga

How old are you? I’d opt in for finasteride to further stabilise and minoxidil for potential re growth. Your forehead isn’t bad, pretty normal for a white you but your hairline isn’t the best. Stabilising it till you can get a HT would be your best bet. White guys can easily fraud large foreheads and no one really bats an eye unless your dream cut is a Cesar or sone shit lmao
No, my forehead is vertically very tall, 9-9.5 cm. It's not properly visible on the photo. Alien tier forehead. I'm 28. My hairline has been like this since I was 14. Average forehead is 6-7 cm.

I have an naturally very high hairline (9cm) with minimal amount of recession on right temple (left in the picture). The other temple has no recession at all. My hair has been stable for a number of years without any medication, just dermaneedling at a depth of 1.5mm which actually caused a lot of little hairs to grow (those that you see in the photo at the hairline, and a lot on my right temple).

image.png

My forehead has bothered me since I was a kid, always had people commenting on it, etc. But for me it's really hard to decide what to do, and I want some help.

The options I have are:
  1. forehead reduction 1.5-2cm, combined with a hair transplant in the future over the scar. This would in theory create the best and most dense result possible, spending minimal grafts (better donor). At the cost of a scar at my hairline that may or may not lead to complications, but can probably be hidden with the transplant. My father is bald, but all the males in my mom's family have very dense hair in old age. Seeing as I'm approaching 30 with minimal hairloss, I'm thinking my hair will probably stay stable, but can't be fully sure. I have quite bad scarring in general so the scar scares me a lot. With a transplant I could in theory lower my hairline by 2.5-3cm.
  2. Multiple FUE transplant to lower the hairline by 2CM. This comes at a risk of depleting my donor area, potentially grafts falling out, and achieving less density than I would by just lowering my hairline. Also scarring at the back of the head. I would need a lot of grafts to get a dense look, and my hairline will likely always be different than my natural hair behind it. Also having the risk of receding in the future,etc. of course. But this option doesn't leave me with the hairline reduction scar.
  3. FUT transplant. Similar to above, but I've been told FUT produces more dense results and uses less donor area. The hairs taken in FUT are more DHT resistant. Not sure about this.
  4. Accept it. to be real, this is not an option for me. I've been wearing caps and beanies for too many years. I want it to be resolved. Genuinely, my forehead is the only thing holding me back from creating an instagram and taking pictures of myself, etc. It's been a lifetime of pain looking like megamind.
Would be really glad to get any advice/opinions. If I was SURE the forehead reduction would go well and a transplant could easily cover the scar, I would probably go for this. But I scar easily, and shit always can go wrong. If i could fix my forehead which is my main flaw, I would be considered quite good looking by any standard.
the reason: you hairline is recceeding (you balding)

The solution: fin and minoxidil

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: BootySniffer69 and researcher888
I'm not balding. My hairline is naturally like that.
First stage: Denial

You can literally see the thinning on the base of your hairline and those corners look mature, which is literally the first stages of MBP, your corners can obviously neutralise and stay like that for 10+ years but it’s better to take action than regret not doing so in the future

First stage: Denial

You can literally see the thinning on the base of your hairline and those corners look mature, which is literally the first stages of MBP, your corners can obviously neutralise and stay like that for 10+ years but it’s better to take action than regret not doing so in the future
My corners were like that from childhood. That's not thinning, it's growth from dermaneedling. Look, just believe me on my word. My hairline naturally started behind the curve. It's 9-9.5 cm. I don't need advice on whether to take fin or not, just what's the best solution for me to reduce forehead length.

My corners were like that from childhood. That's not thinning, it's growth from dermaneedling. Look, just believe me on my word. My hairline naturally started behind the curve. It's 9-9.5 cm. I don't need advice on whether to take fin or not, just what's the best solution for me to reduce forehead length.
Lmao whatever floats you boat

image.png

My hair in 2019, to illustrate what I'm talking about. The forehead is vertically excessively tall.

It's a very annoying reply. Why do you think you know better than me how my own hairline looks?
Because you’re coping hard. Anyone with two functioning eyes and any bit of knowledge on the topic can tell you’re balding.

If you really want to reduce the size of your forehead then opt in for forehead reduction and visit a dermatologist who’ll give you expert advice on the position of your hair. (Id visit multiple because dermatologists can be retarded at times). Filling in the corners would do you great, even with forehead reduction.

• +1
image.png

My hair in 2019, to illustrate what I'm talking about. The forehead is vertically excessively tall.
My brother in Christ, take a look at your sideburns for a second.

What did your hairline look like in your development stages?

Because you’re coping hard. Anyone with two functioning eyes and any bit of knowledge on the topic can tell you’re balding.

If you really want to reduce the size of your forehead then opt in for forehead reduction and visit a dermatologist who’ll give you expert advice on the position of your hair. (Id visit multiple because dermatologists can be retarded at times). Filling in the corners would do you great, even with forehead reduction.
I understand why you think that, but the thing is I had the same hairline at age 14, that's why I'm saying it's wrong. As I said, the small hairs you see are from doing dermaneedling for years. I had receeded temples as a child. But yeah, I agree, filling corners would be good.

What I'm asking is, do you think I should do the forehead reduction, or is it a big risk and should stick with transplants? I really need 2-3cm of reduction, so it might be hard to achieve with transplants. Thanks.

My brother in Christ, take a look at your sideburns for a second.

What did your hairline look like in your development stages?
I have a fade there, lol. My hairline was always really bad, no temple peaks, recessed corners, like wayne rooney kinda.

You should do transplant

I understand why you think that, but the thing is I had the same hairline at age 14, that's why I'm saying it's wrong. As I said, the small hairs you see are from doing dermaneedling for years. I had receeded temples as a child. But yeah, I agree, filling corners would be good.

What I'm asking is, do you think I should do the forehead reduction, or is it a big risk and should stick with transplants? I really need 2-3cm of reduction, so it might be hard to achieve with transplants. Thanks.
Yeah, even with a transplant youre likely not achieving 2-3cm of reduction but it’d still look 10x better as your hair would lay down at a MUCH lower point. If the size of your forehead means that much to you I’d get that forehead reduction

• +1
What do you think about forehead reduction first?
Idk man if you know for sure you will have no hairloss in the future then do forhead reduction but but most men experience hairloss to some degree as they age

Yeah, even with a transplant youre likely not achieving 2-3cm of reduction but it’d still look 10x better as your hair would lay down at a MUCH lower point. If the size of your forehead means that much to you I’d get that forehead reduction

yeah, my forehead is like this guy, except it's curved. really bad, the vertical length is way too high for my facial ratios. I believe that a hair transplant is difficult to achieve 1+cm of reduction. But, the scar from forehead reduction sucks, so it's hard for me to figure out if it's worth it or not. for what it's worth, i've been approved for surgery by a forehead reduction surgeon already. what would you do in my case? I scar badly too.. fuck it sucks.

Forehead reduction + filling in the corners + longer hair = you’ll feel a lot better

• +1
Forehead reduction + filling in the corners + longer hair = you’ll feel a lot better
what do you think about the scar and the risks associated? makes me really scared, but ultimately ideally I need 3 cm of reduction to really ascend.

View attachment 2821072

yeah, my forehead is like this guy, except it's curved. really bad, the vertical length is way too high for my facial ratios. I believe that a hair transplant is difficult to achieve 1+cm of reduction. But, the scar from forehead reduction sucks, so it's hard for me to figure out if it's worth it or not. for what it's worth, i've been approved for surgery by a forehead reduction surgeon already. what would you do in my case? I scar badly too.. fuck it sucks.
All depends how badly you want it, practically all heavy surgeries like FR entail some sort of consequence. If I was in your position and had the money I wouldn’t give a rats ass about the scarring as it’d eventually heal and become unnoticeable at some point in time + I’d feel less insecure when that happens.

Think about the future entailments of the surgery rather than what’s inevitable once it’s carried out. Again, it all depends on how badly you want to fix your insecurity. There’s guys out their destroying their ability to walk for a couple months just for a couple inches of height

• +1
bro you just have to grow it and get a haircut that covers it

looksmax autists tell me to get forehead reduction. reddit normies tell me to get ht. lol

bro you just have to grow it and get a haircut that covers it
have you ever heard of wind, or sweating etc? or shower, or pool , and so on

have you ever heard of wind, or sweating etc? or shower, or pool , and so on
bro needing to hold it down with ur hands if its windy, or if ur hair is watery then just make it all go down to ur eyes, still way better than risking surgery

bro needing to hold it down with ur hands if its windy, or if ur hair is watery then just make it all go down to ur eyes, still way better than risking surgery
myforehead is so high that it makes any hairstyle sit badly. surgery is a risk yes, but looking ugly is also a risk.

@RealSurgerymax any opinion?

Not going to be able to get enough coverage with a transplant alone most likely. If you decide surgery, go all in, hairline lowering and then some transplant to cover scarline and fill in sides. If it bothers you that much might as well go for it, worst comes to worst you can just keep frauding.

• +1
Reactions: researcher888 and its_over

image.png

The options I have are:
Forehead reduction is the only way

I cannot guarantee the reliability of this information, but I recall a doctor mentioning that forehead reduction surgery may lead to neurological disorders and hair loss. Hair transplant procedures, on the other hand, may not be ideal in the long term as they can deplete your donor area, limiting options for addressing future baldness. However, considering the advancements in hair cloning techniques, the finite nature of the donor area may not pose a problem in the future, so I would personally lean towards hair transplantation.

I cannot guarantee the reliability of this information, but I recall a doctor mentioning that forehead reduction surgery may lead to neurological disorders and hair loss. Hair transplant procedures, on the other hand, may not be ideal in the long term as they can deplete your donor area, limiting options for addressing future baldness. However, considering the advancements in hair cloning techniques, the finite nature of the donor area may not pose a problem in the future, so I would personally lean towards hair transplantation.
proof? never heard of that before. the neurological disorders.

you made that account just to post that?
I've had this account for a while, but I don't enjoy actively participating in threads (hence the nickname). I decided to post on this one because I'm also considering undergoing a procedure to fix my large forehead.

only heard bad things about forehead reduction really

9 cm is wild💀

• JFL
I'm not balding. My hairline is naturally like that.

You probably are bro.
If you're dad is bald, also looking at your hairline, your right temple is receded more which is the typical pattern for male pattern baldness.

How's your crown looking like?

similar boat i have a high hairline, eventually got over my dysmorphia about it and just got a fringe haircut, mullets are in right now too so maybe run a burst fade mullet and keep it covered, dont mangle your forehead over it i would also look into minoxodil or finastreride because in your case youre getting miniaturization around the hairline which means you will bald

You probably are bro.
If you're dad is bald, also looking at your hairline, your right temple is receded more which is the typical pattern for male pattern baldness.

How's your crown looking like?
I'm not balding. Yes my right temple receded a bit but it has been stable for a decade.