facial implants infection 10 years after being placed

Eduardo DOV

Eduardo DOV

Kraken

brutal tbh

• +1
Reactions: barettrealrx, Lookologist003, Ragnar and 1 other person
in fact idk if it was really an infection. she didnt tell.

why does it happen and how can it be avoided? titanium maybe?

I don’t that this would have happened with peek

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
So I assume the implant was silicone and it shifted because wasn’t secured with screws and that caused trauma and hence the infection. Peek is like bone and can be very securely attached with screws.

• +1
So I assume the implant was silicone and it shifted because wasn’t secured with screws and that caused trauma and hence the infection. Peek is like bone and can be very securely attached with screws.
but where does the bacteria that caused the infection came from ?

Can an infection be caused by bacteria in the bloodstream that establish themselves on the implant?
Well, if that were the case, they would do it to their own bones, right, but maybe they do but on the bone the body has a mechanism to get rid of them, the immune system cells come through the blood, right? I don't know biology jfl. I take things from my imagination

• JFL
Reactions: Lookologist003
Can an infection be caused by bacteria in the bloodstream that establish themselves on the implant?
I read this short excerpt about infected breast implants, which I'm assuming are similar, unless you know details that assert themselves otherwise.

It appears to be possible, though it conflicts with RMS's judgement.

they would do it to their own bones, right
Red bone marrow is a type of bone marrow that is found in the long bones of your arms and legs and it is a site where red blood cells are generated. The compact bone that envelopes any type of marrow has tiny Haverian canals that supply blood through the compact bone tissue. Your bones are living organs apart of you, so the ordinary immune system is in use there.

Huge disclaimer that I am not a doctor, these are some easily discarded thoughts.

• +1
Is it true that PEEK/titanium cant be infected?

• +1
Reactions: rubberduck
probably silicone implants. my dad fell off a horse when he was in his teens and had a titanium implant set in his cheek or lower forehead (can’t remember), and nothings happened to him, he’s had it for like 30 years

• Woah
imagine not having an implant not screwed into bone

• +1
I read this short excerpt about infected breast implants, which I'm assuming are similar, unless you know details that assert themselves otherwise.

It appears to be possible, though it conflicts with RMS's judgement.

Red bone marrow is a type of bone marrow that is found in the long bones of your arms and legs and it is a site where red blood cells are generated. The compact bone that envelopes any type of marrow has tiny Haverian canals that supply blood through the compact bone tissue. Your bones are living organs apart of you, so the ordinary immune system is in use there.

Huge disclaimer that I am not a doctor, these are some easily discarded thoughts.
from the link:
Infection can occur during or immediately after implantation (10-14 days after an operation), or at any point after recovery – that is, three months after surgery or at any point after that, even years later.

@RealSurgerymax
clarify the facts for us master