Found 2.5 years old Isotretinoin capsules (20mg) in my drawer. Never been opened. Should I use them.

NearX

NearX

Sensitive Young Man
Manufactured in March 2021, expires in Feb 2024. Would it be safe to use these. I need to fix my acne.

I hate accutane with a passion but love tretinoin topically

• +1
Reactions: NearX
how many? I took 20mg a day for like 7-8 months so it wouldn't be good to stop mid treatment, just order more. Also I wouldn't recommend accutane since there is a theory that it can affect your growth plates, and give u depression if u had it before

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
Yes exactly, just go for tretinoin. You'll still purge but it won't mess with your brain since it's topical

• +1
Reactions: NearX and thereallegend
I'm going to buy that.
how many? I took 20mg a day for like 7-8 months so it wouldn't be good to stop mid treatment, just order more. Also I wouldn't recommend accutane since there is a theory that it can affect your growth plates, and give u depression if u had it before
I have 15 caps. I'd taken some back then but stopped it because I suspected it was messing with my stomach. But now my acne has gotten severely bad so I'm worried.
Yes exactly, just go for tretinoin. You'll still purge but it won't mess with your brain since it's topical
Yea I hope so. Will 0.1% tretinoin will do the trick?

Also what should I do with the pills then?

You should take accutane, oral is so much simpler than topical in my opinion.

I'm going to buy that.

I have 15 caps. I'd taken some back then but stopped it because I suspected it was messing with my stomach. But now my acne has gotten severely bad so I'm worried.

Yea I hope so. Will 0.1% tretinoin will do the trick?

Also what should I do with the pills then?
I think you should start with something like 0.025%, I'm not quite sure but u can search it up here on the .org. Yeah 15 caps ain't gonna be enough for anything, that's not even a month and then you would need to get more with prescription if you're in Europe or similar.

You should take accutane, oral is so much simpler than topical in my opinion.
Yo I got a few questions can u come dm

I'm not actually an professional, I just prefer oral use over topical.
Ye but it's off topic its related to tmj I wanna hear ur thoughts

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28896