From medpor to sliding genioplasty.

Y

yundanfengqing

Iron
Hi guys, I'm considering switching my one year old medpor chin implant to a sliding genioplasty. The problem is that I've already developed some scar adhesion, so I also need some scar release and fat grafting.

Is there any great surgeon you guys can suggest, since medpor removal itself has some risk. I'm looking into Barry Eppley, though his reviews are kind of mixed.

Thanks in advance!

Hard to say if you're better off with implant/fillers or sliding genio without pics. Why do you want to switch?

Never get implants

• +1
Reactions: yundanfengqing
Hard to say if you're better off with implant/fillers or sliding genio without pics. Why do you want to switch?

I get some pretty thick capsule… and I really don't like the fact that they may get infected in the future… SG is more likely to be a permanent idea

It's pretty recessed. The medpor size is 9mm, and I may need a SG with 8mm. Any good surgeons besides eppley (since he seems to have many cases in removing medpor)

I get some pretty thick capsule… and I really don't like the fact that they may get infected in the future… SG is more likely to be a permanent idea
The risk of infection so long after the procedure is almost zero. If you haven't developed an infection yet you probably won't. Although I think sillicone is a much better option for implants as they are easy to remove.

I don't think SG is completely permanent as the bones move towards their original position over time but I could be wrong.

But if you're better served with SG or implant really depends on the look of your chin imo.

• +1
Reactions: joel17 and crosshold