Guide to Making Homemade Shoe Lifts

Budflog

Budflog

Iron
INTRO
Height is in the top 3 things that matter, and you should be doing everything you can to maximize your height. This includes posture, shoes, and yes, lifts.

Buying lifts is dumb. You probably have all the materials in your house to make lifts, and if not you can buy them for way cheaper than lifts sell for.

GUIDE
Here’s a simple guide to making shoe lifts at home:

1. Find an older pair of shoes that you don’t use and take the insoles out. If you don’t have any, you can but insoles online for next to nothing.

9327397C 266F 46E1 B7DD D9CFC27CFBC0

2. Cut the back on the insoles at the point where they straighten out.

3. Trace this out and cut as many as you can, usually 2 more, out of the remaining insole.

4. Stack these under the insole of the shoe you plan to wear. Put them under so when you take your shoes off it looks the same it would normally. Do this until it becomes uncomfortable or obvious that you’re wearing lifts. You may have to cut the large insole of the shoe at the top to account for the new lack of room.

Putting 4 of these in a pair of shoes got me around 2.5 cm with next to no reduction in comfort.

OTHER THOUGHTS
- Basketball shoes work very well for this as they hide the ankle, which can be a giveaway of lifts.

- Use Rob Paul’s sneaker measurements if you plan on buying a pair of shoes to put lifts in.

- Walk around with the lift shoes on for an hour or so before deciding on them. You need to adjust so you’re not constantly rolling your ankle or tripping in public.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 49130, Vidales, zura and 2 others
Dude wtf Insoles are very cheap, cost me 10 bucks on amazon.

• +1
Reactions: JustBeCurry
Crazy high effort thread
OP is doing it like it's a school project
Good work bhai

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, zura, aleksander and 1 other person
Dude wtf Insoles are very cheap, cost me 10 bucks on amazon.

You have a lot of options tbh.

If you want to buy insoles made for feet:

3 pair for $10 at the moment

1 pair(about 3 lifts or 1.3cm from my measurements) for $3

Go to a thrift store and buy a pair of beaters for like $2

If you don’t care what you use

Cardboard wrapped in duct tape can work alright, not super comfy.

Mouse pads work and are $4 all over amazon.

I’d go with real shoe insoles, if you can thrift stores are good options because you can steal easily if you really care about cost.

good thread man, I just made mine and already feel the power of fraud :what::what::what: