[HIGH IQ] Key to Longer Eyelashes ( Latisse is a meme)

BrahminBoss

BrahminBoss

Boatsman from river of Styx triple 6
In a six-month randomized clinical trial by Noecker et al comparing bimatoprost and latanoprost, eyelash growth was noted in 14 of 133 patients in the bimatoprost group versus no patients in the latanoprost group. Other studies by Eisenberg et al and Tosti et al have found similar results, also reporting that hypertrichosis usually appears earlier with bimatoprost than with latanoprost.
Hypertrichosis basically means excessive lash growth.

6 months for eyelash growth and yet the chances of actually noting observable eyelash growth is 1/10 th is completely disgusting. I dont know how they managed to formulate it as a cosmetic product when the results aren't even achievable consistently. Maybe its old hags who would do anything for huge eyelashes to cope with age pill.

But after reading a few studies, there's something interesting I observed.

Firstly, a word on PGF alpha 2 - the prostaglandin which is said to account for the increash in lash density observed. Remember latisse is a glaucoma medication first and foremost and works by reducing Intra Ocular pressure which is the pressure exerted by the amniotic fluid on the eyeball.

Here's what Wikipedia says about Prostaglandin F2 alpha:

Prostaglandin F2α (PGF2α in prostanoid nomenclature), pharmaceutically termed carboprost is a naturally occurring prostaglandin used in medicine to induce labor and as an abortifacient.

It is released in response to an increase in oxytocin levels in the uterus, and stimulates both luteolytic activity and the release of oxytocin. Because PGF2α is linked with an increase in uterine oxytocin levels, there is evidence that PGF2α and oxytocin form a positive feedback loop to facilitate the degradation of the corpus luteum. PGF2α and oxytocin also inhibit the production of progesterone, a hormone that facilitates corpus luteum development. Conversely, higher progesterone levels inhibit production of PGF2α and oxytocin, as the effects of the hormones are in opposition to each other. This is directly exhibited following ovulation when there is a spike of progesterone levels, and then as progesterone levels decrease, PGF2 levels will peak

Now this is interesting because the same signalling molecule both induces labor and is also used for abortions.

However, From PubMed:

As corpora lutea (CL) contain at least two different steroidogenic cell populations, fractions of the so called small (SLC) and large (LLC) luteal cells were prepared and tested in separate experiments. In SLC as well as LLC from young CL OXT and PGF2 alpha inhibited progesterone (P) production but induced a strong increase of estradiol (E2) release. In old SLC and LLC OXT and PGF2 alpha were still inhibitory to P release but OXT was ineffective and PGF2 alpha had a moderate stimulatory effect on luteal E2 secretion. In SLC cultures from young but not from old CL E2 exerted a powerful stimulatory effect on progesterone (P) secretion, i.e. E2 has strong luteotrophic effects in the early luteal phase. Indeed, the pronounced inhibitory effect of OXT and PGF2 alpha on P release from SLC could be counteracted by the addition of exogenous E2 to the culture media. Therefore, we suggest that in the early luteal phase OXT as well as PGF2 alpha have an indirect, E2-mediated luteotrophic effect on P release which is stronger than the direct inhibitory action on P secretion

TLDR: Wikipedia claims PGF 2 decreases progesterone, but Pub Med clarifies that this is dose dependent and that in young people the PGF -2 alpha actually induces a progesterone secretion markedly overweighing the e2 secretion (progesterone of course being antagonistic to estrogen in most of its phenotypic actions unlike what is commonly thought ie. they do not work in synergy no matter how much Bayer shills they do). Id imagine the cells making up the lower eyelid also resemble SLC more simply due to the fact that it does not need a strong barrier as much as the placenta.

We can thus infer that topical bimatoprost increases progesterone through the signal transduction of PGF 2 which led to higher progesterone concentrations in tissue.
Mechanism would go somewhat like this:
PGF 2 --> estrogen e2 stimulation --> progesterone stimulation --> eyelash growth.
This of course could all be circumvented by simply applying topical progesterone and indeed there are many reports of women who take bioidentical progesterone (not progestins which have estrogenic action) reporting major lash growth. But they take megadoses orally and I think a small topical dose would be enough for that effect.

Another interesting thing I found was that Bimatoprost wasnt alone in glaucoma medications causing lash growth. Acetozalamide which is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor does the same by reducing intra ocular blood pressure (or through vasodilation effect consistently observed) also somehow induces lash growth? Latter mechanism would make more sense as it would mean improved blood flow prolonging the anagen phase and since lashes have the lowest anagen: telogen phase of hair follicles in the body it would benefit the most from progesterone and acetozalamide as prog has also shown to increase the duration of the anagen phase.

I dont recommend taking anything else on that list except Acetozalamide. Pencillamine seems to be safe but have not done much research. Acetozalamide with potassium to replenish the lost salts (through urine ) is the safest one.

I think topical progesterone and acetozalamide over a period of three months would be more than enough to replicate Bimatoprost's actions without any of the side effects such as periorbital fat loss, darkening of iris etc. caused by prostaglandin.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: aspiringexcel, lightskinbengali, talented_gambler and 19 others
@NarrowBones @Akatlyn @MakinMogReturns @maou @mayo mogger @appealmaxed @Montecristo @NorwoodAscender @trap_king
@Manletmachine @666nevada @Detective @Gaygymmaxx @Xangsane @edodalic29 @Beastimmung @NegativeNorwood @Moggedbyevery1 @Jpg

• So Sad
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
is Bimatoprost used in latisse?

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
literal nerd shit.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: endlessummer, AryanChadification, mogstars and 11 others
classic iyer post

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: becomingnearperfect and sportsmogger
TLDR bro

• +1
Reactions: Feliezzx and Tai Lung
"eyelash growth was noted in 14 of 133 patients "
Arnt those reallly shit odds of it working?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RTLBbc, Sushifart, zura and 6 others
In a six-month randomized clinical trial by Noecker et al comparing bimatoprost and latanoprost, eyelash growth was noted in 14 of 133 patients in the bimatoprost group versus no patients in the latanoprost group. Other studies by Eisenberg et al and Tosti et al have found similar results, also reporting that hypertrichosis usually appears earlier with bimatoprost than with latanoprost.
Hypertrichosis basically means excessive lash growth.

6 months for eyelash growth and yet the chances of actually noting observable eyelash growth is 1/10 th is completely disgusting. I dont know how they managed to formulate it as a cosmetic product when the results aren't even achievable consistently. Maybe its old hags who would do anything for huge eyelashes to cope with age pill.

But after reading a few studies, there's something interesting I observed.

Firstly, a word on PGF alpha 2 - the prostaglandin which is said to account for the increash in lash density observed. Remember latisse is a glaucoma medication first and foremost and works by reducing Intra Ocular pressure which is the pressure exerted by the amniotic fluid on the eyeball.

Here's what Wikipedia says about Prostaglandin F2 alpha:

Prostaglandin F2α (PGF2α in prostanoid nomenclature), pharmaceutically termed carboprost is a naturally occurring prostaglandin used in medicine to induce labor and as an abortifacient.

It is released in response to an increase in oxytocin levels in the uterus, and stimulates both luteolytic activity and the release of oxytocin. Because PGF2α is linked with an increase in uterine oxytocin levels, there is evidence that PGF2α and oxytocin form a positive feedback loop to facilitate the degradation of the corpus luteum. PGF2α and oxytocin also inhibit the production of progesterone, a hormone that facilitates corpus luteum development. Conversely, higher progesterone levels inhibit production of PGF2α and oxytocin, as the effects of the hormones are in opposition to each other. This is directly exhibited following ovulation when there is a spike of progesterone levels, and then as progesterone levels decrease, PGF2 levels will peak

Now this is interesting because the same signalling molecule both induces labor and is also used for abortions.

However, From PubMed:

As corpora lutea (CL) contain at least two different steroidogenic cell populations, fractions of the so called small (SLC) and large (LLC) luteal cells were prepared and tested in separate experiments. In SLC as well as LLC from young CL OXT and PGF2 alpha inhibited progesterone (P) production but induced a strong increase of estradiol (E2) release. In old SLC and LLC OXT and PGF2 alpha were still inhibitory to P release but OXT was ineffective and PGF2 alpha had a moderate stimulatory effect on luteal E2 secretion. In SLC cultures from young but not from old CL E2 exerted a powerful stimulatory effect on progesterone (P) secretion, i.e. E2 has strong luteotrophic effects in the early luteal phase. Indeed, the pronounced inhibitory effect of OXT and PGF2 alpha on P release from SLC could be counteracted by the addition of exogenous E2 to the culture media. Therefore, we suggest that in the early luteal phase OXT as well as PGF2 alpha have an indirect, E2-mediated luteotrophic effect on P release which is stronger than the direct inhibitory action on P secretion

TLDR: Wikipedia claims PGF 2 decreases progesterone, but Pub Med clarifies that this is dose dependent and that in young people the PGF -2 alpha actually induces a progesterone secretion markedly overweighing the e2 secretion (progesterone of course being antagonistic to estrogen in most of its phenotypic actions unlike what is commonly thought ie. they do not work in synergy no matter how much Bayer shills they do). Id imagine the cells making up the lower eyelid also resemble SLC more simply due to the fact that it does not need a strong barrier as much as the placenta.

We can thus infer that topical bimatoprost increases progesterone through the signal transduction of PGF 2 which led to higher progesterone concentrations in tissue.
Mechanism would go somewhat like this:
PGF 2 --> estrogen e2 stimulation --> progesterone stimulation --> eyelash growth.
This of course could all be circumvented by simply applying topical progesterone and indeed there are many reports of women who take bioidentical progesterone (not progestins which have estrogenic action) reporting major lash growth. But they take megadoses orally and I think a small topical dose would be enough for that effect.

Another interesting thing I found was that Bimatoprost wasnt alone in glaucoma medications causing lash growth. Acetozalamide which is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor does the same by reducing intra ocular blood pressure (or through vasodilation effect consistently observed) also somehow induces lash growth? Latter mechanism would make more sense as it would mean improved blood flow prolonging the anagen phase and since lashes have the lowest anagen: telogen phase of hair follicles in the body it would benefit the most from progesterone and acetozalamide as prog has also shown to increase the duration of the anagen phase.

View attachment 2679353

I dont recommend taking anything else on that list except Acetozalamide. Pencillamine seems to be safe but have not done much research. Acetozalamide with potassium to replenish the lost salts (through urine ) is the safest one.

I think topical progesterone and acetozalamide over a period of three months would be more than enough to replicate Bimatoprost's actions without any of the side effects such as periorbital fat loss, darkening of iris etc. caused by prostaglandin.
So your saying this is like lattise but it doesnt cause orbital fat loss and doesnt darken the iris?

Can orbital fat loss even happen if your low bf your whole life or is that retarded?

So your saying this is like lattise but it doesnt cause orbital fat loss and doesnt darken the iris?
Yes because prostaglandins are essentially pro inflammatory stress signals that your body uses to direct resources to a specific local site. In this case pgf 2 seems in conjunction with estradiol to recruit progesterone a protective sex steroid to the lashes. Excess prostaglandins are very damaging mainly because they are both inflammatory of themselves and also set off a stress cascade which is damaging in the long run if left unchecked.

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA
what about the estrogenic effects of progestorone?

Yes because prostaglandins are essentially pro inflammatory stress signals that your body uses to direct resources to a specific local site. In this case pgf 2 seems in conjunction with estradiol to recruit progesterone a protective sex steroid to the lashes. Excess prostaglandins are very damaging mainly because they are both inflammatory of themselves and also set off a stress cascade which is damaging in the long run if left unchecked.

Are you gonna take topical Progesterone? Can we get them at Chennai?

• +1
Progesterone is anti estrogenic.
where’d you get that from? every website i visit says that progesterone is actually a trans hormone replacement therapy.

“In females and some intersex people, progesterone plays a key part in the menstrual cycle. In males and other intersex people, its presence triggers the production of estrogen.”

where’d you get that from? every website i visit says that progesterone is actually a trans hormone replacement therapy.

“In females and some intersex people, progesterone plays a key part in the menstrual cycle. In males and other intersex people, its presence triggers the production of estrogen.”
The lowest dose of progesterone (0.001 mcg/ml) had no significant effect on estradiol accumulation in the medium. The four higher doses of progesterone suppressed estradiol secretion in a dose-dependent manner. Doses of 10, 1 and 0.1 mcg progesterone/mldecreased estradiol by about 98%, 50%, and 26%, respectively, during the second and third days of culture (P< 0.01); 0.01 mcg/ml was significantly effective only on the third day (P<0.05)."

The progesterone precursor, pregnenolone, was as effective as progesterone while the progesterone metabolite, 17a-hydroxyprogesterone, was without effect, even at a concentration of 10 pg/mI (Table 2). The reversibility of the inhibitory effect was related to dose of progesterone and length of exposure (Fig. 2). Cells did not regain the ability to respond to FSH by secreting estradiol when they had been exposed to 10 mcg/ml for 1 day or longer. In contrast, the effects of exposure to lower doses (0.1 and 1 mcg/ml) seemed fully or partially reversible, depending on the length of exposure. The irreversibility of the effects of progesterone does not seem to be due to general toxic effects on the granulosa cells, since progesterone secretion later in culture by cells exposed to progesterone early in culture did not follow the same pattern as estradiol secretion and in some cases was unaffected by progesterone treatments that completely suppressed estradiol secretion (Fig. 3).

just spam black castor oil on your eyelashes

• +1
Reactions: lebronjames23, pleasuremaxxing and looksmidder
its working for me I'm switching between it and Vaseline.

• JFL
Reactions: MakinMogReturns
literal nerd shit.
lol, arent you the dude that posted about 1 out of 100 of those that are NT on this forum having an actually functioning brain like a week ago on your OLDmaxxing thread? OP used deductive reasoning with some quick research and cross checking with anecdotes to point out a novel potential hormonal connection no matter how weak or strong that could provide some users with one of the ultimate looksmaxx methods, eyelashmaxxing. and your response is to try and shame him for being a nerd? nothing short of laughable

great finding OP, progesterone never stops mogging. Ray Peat right once again RIP to an OG brainmogger ( anyone who still buys the estrogen industry lies needs to read his work to the best extend he can comprehend it, true progesterone is anti estrogenic and therefore potently androgenic at the right dosages in this estrogen filled modern world )

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: catastaire, RAMU KAKA, CarrotMaxxer and 2 others
JFL at these niggas , why do you need all this to grow eyelashes? mine grew nicely with just castor oil , didnt even use it for that long

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Causas1ano1dus and Skywalker
JFL at these niggas , why do you need all this to grow eyelashes? mine grew nicely with just castor oil , didnt even use it for that long
And the before afters in question?

dont be a pussy bitch and just put minoxidil on them

And the before afters in question?
i dont have before , but i can give you after

Isnt particularly super long , but ive been doing that for about a month and a half , no jewish lab chemicals on my eyelids aswell

Attachments

• 1705429138000.png
    1705429138000.png
    373.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Hmm...

Isnt particularly super long , but ive been doing that for about a month and a half , no jewish lab chemicals on my eyelids aswell
I havent done anything for my lashes and mine are the same as yours except darker.

• JFL
its fine for me, i hvae too much collagen which makes me prone to keloid/hypertrophic scarring
Causes of keloid scars
A keloid scar is when a scar keeps growing and becomes bigger than the original wound. It can happen if you have too much of a substance called collagen in your skin. It can happen after any sort of injury or damage to your skin such as a cut, burn, surgery, acne or a body piercing.

@BrahminBoss

dont jfl me you cuck

• JFL
I havent done anything for my lashes and mine are the same as yours except darker.
ion think you really need to eyelashmaxx then , when i curl them they do look noticeable and i got comments on having long eyelashes before. Talked to a foid w smaller eyelashes than me too jfl

• Love it
@iam good boy

lol, arent you the dude that posted about 1 out of 100 of those that are NT on this forum having an actually functioning brain like a week ago on your OLDmaxxing thread? OP used deductive reasoning with some quick research and cross checking with anecdotes to point out a novel potential hormonal connection no matter how weak or strong that could provide some users with one of the ultimate looksmaxx methods, eyelashmaxxing. and your response is to try and shame him for being a nerd? nothing short of laughable

great finding OP, progesterone never stops mogging. Ray Peat right once again RIP to an OG brainmogger ( anyone who still buys the estrogen industry lies needs to read his work to the best extend he can comprehend it, true progesterone is anti estrogenic and therefore potently androgenic at the right dosages in this estrogen filled modern world )
well done, you just baited me into reading more speeding schizoid tier ramblings by pretending they had anything to do with my oldmaxxing post

• JFL
Reactions: Son of gigachad
very good thread. was very surprised to see a post of yours which isn’t somehow related to thyroid though

is acetozalamide good to take while in puberty? and would it help all hair growth (including eyebrows etc) or just eyelashes

• +1
I'm just here not reading a thing speed-scrolling through and I see "progesterone" and "ray peat" and the same delusional fat fuck at the center of it all. Don't even need to read a thing to know everything here is cope.

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Sushifart, mogstars and BrahminBoss

where is the curl

just use minox on ur eyebrows (which u should be doing already) and by proxy it will grow ur lashes

i have best lashes on the forum so u should take this advice seriously
IMG 1875

where is the curl
that picture is few weeks old , i didnt curl my eyelashes yet
gonna get a curler but idk how to tell my parents if they find that shit out , same thing as your parents finding a dildo in your drawer

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ominion, Sushifart, IWantToMax and 2 others
very good thread. was very surprised to see a post of yours which isn’t somehow related to thyroid though

is acetozalamide good to take while in puberty? and would it help all hair growth (including eyebrows etc) or just eyelashes
One of the side effects of acetozolamide which I just read about is also increased body hair, so I was right that it works primarily through increasing blood circulation to the hair follicle.
Topical acetozolamide would be best as in that way you avoid the diuretic and potassium loss problem from oral but from what I’ve seen oral is what’s sold. Acetozolamide is originally used for mountain sickness but it has also been used for schizophrenia, because the general principle by which it works is healing ( increased co 2 tissue saturation).

• +1
Reactions: looksmidder
side effects
  • some loss of appetite
  • taste disturbances
  • flushing
  • diarrhoea
  • headache
  • dizziness
  • fatigue
  • irritability
  • drowsiness or confusion
  • depression

nice try

• Ugh..
Reactions: ominion and Skywalker
side effects
  • some loss of appetite
  • taste disturbances
  • flushing
  • diarrhoea
  • headache
  • dizziness
  • fatigue
  • irritability
  • depression

nice try
Nah

side effects
  • some loss of appetite
  • taste disturbances
  • flushing
  • diarrhoea
  • headache
  • dizziness
  • fatigue
  • irritability
  • depression

nice try
Did you just pull this shit out of your asshole

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and Skywalker
Did you just pull this shit out of your asshole
Every medicine which is used consistently has those same warnings jfl. Like some meds have both hyper sexuality and erectile dysfunction

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker and coispet
Every medicine which is used consistently has those same warnings jfl. Like some meds have both hyper sexuality and erectile dysfunction
I replied to him because he is a bum cheek quality user, your thread is good though bhai :love:

I replied to him because he is a bum cheek quality user, your thread is good though bhai :love:
retards have the reverse midas touch- EVERYTHING turns to shit, EVERYWHERE :feelskek:

• JFL
Reactions: Sushifart and coispet
@RAMU KAKA @Akhi @EvangelicalRapist @ReinerGeist1

• +1
Reactions: ReinerGeist1, EvangelicalRapist and RAMU KAKA
that picture is few weeks old , i didnt curl my eyelashes yet
gonna get a curler but idk how to tell my parents if they find that shit out , same thing as your parents finding a dildo in your drawer
They found my eyelash curler, lip stain, blush, eyebrow tint, eyelash tint bro.

I’m afraid they think I’m homosexual, but they know I’ve been hanging out with girls and shit, so idk

• JFL
Reactions: kiyopon, Skywalker, mogstars and 1 other person
They found my eyelash curler, lip stain, blush, eyebrow tint, eyelash tint bro.
brutal , thats fine though
After buying ton of skincare products my parents think im gay + my mother told me im a little too much into self improvement and its borderline narcissistic

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax