Hoodingmaxxing/CTmaxxing 101

What changes did you notice on the rest of your face? Did your cheek fat increase/decrease?
Cheek fat stays low, never had much there tho
But it works wonders to debloat the face, it looks very sharp and overall nice for some minutes to hours afterwards

• +1
Reactions: 189 and Sanguinius
Cheek fat stays low, never had much there tho
But it works wonders to debloat the face, it looks very sharp and overall nice for some minutes to hours afterwards
how long have you been hoodingmaxxing for as of right now and do you have any recent pics of your results

how long have you been hoodingmaxxing for as of right now and do you have any recent pics of your results
Hmm last time I did it actively was in winter idk, just been doing it passively while ice bathing, but all in all there isn‘t really a change from the last pics, maxxed it out a long time ago
What changed tho is the whole face when I was lazy af with posture and my palate width collapsed which caused the whole face to be like weak and droopyish
Regaining it quite fast currently
Other than that not much change

• +1
Reactions: DrMaze and Deleted member 13197
Hmm last time I did it actively was in winter idk, just been doing it passively while ice bathing, but all in all there isn‘t really a change from the last pics, maxxed it out a long time ago
What changed tho is the whole face when I was lazy af with posture and my palate width collapsed which caused the whole face to be like weak and droopyish
Regaining it quite fast currently
Other than that not much change
I stopped this because some ppl here said it's actually worse.

Anyone here can vouch that it works?

I'm starting again everyday for 10min/day, lets see

Does this work on single eyelid ricecells?

I stopped this because some ppl here said it's actually worse.

Anyone here can vouch that it works?

I'm starting again everyday for 10min/day, lets see
I only heard negative experiences from ppl who used retin a with it and those who just are not used to the hooded eyelids look because of individually unrealistic looks ideals
There has been enough people who said that it works, most often in other threads

Guess all I can do is :feelswhy:
dude just try it for like a week 5 min daily and see if it‘s possible, other race other body you know
Increasing fat there would still make it look better I guess, if that is possible with monolids

I only heard negative experiences from ppl who used retin a with it and those who just are not used to the hooded eyelids look because of individually unrealistic looks ideals
There has been enough people who said that it works, most often in other threads

dude just try it for like a week 5 min daily and see if it‘s possible, other race other body you know
Increasing fat there would still make it look better I guess, if that is possible with monolids
Wym with retin a? I use tret daily (only on cheeks and chin) will that affect it?

did anybody actually increase their canthal tilt with this method or is it just called ctmaxxing for the lulz?

did anybody actually increase their canthal tilt with this method or is it just called ctmaxxing for the lulz?
CT was originally intended to be short for Cold Therapy, sadly no canthal tilt changes lol

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
I do this for 5 minutes with a cold pack. That is about -18°C. The first 2 minutes it hurts horribly.

Hello boyos, after doing this once I can report back mixed news, my overall face seems to be less puffy with a very minor difference in my eye hooding. However my philtrum has become more visible/contoured. Not sure how else to word it but it has basically become more visible and defined. Im going to keep doing this for a couple weeks and update yall later.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, Deleted member 2729 and Deleted member 6403
Why cant i just put ice on my eyebrows

@NoBonezForMoanz

I do this for 5 minutes with a cold pack. That is about -18°C. The first 2 minutes it hurts horribly.
same lmaoo

Has anyone ever actually tried this and reported back their results?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
I have an idea. Given that fatty acids can be absorbed topically through the phospholipid bilayer of the skin, some of us could try applying either coconut oil or flaxseed oil topically to our under eyes and supraorbitals after doing the ice technique or any time in the day as a means of providing the body with the monomers to synthesise adipose tissue in the regions we want.

Also thanks to @Ocelot and @eduardkoopman for mentioning topical absorption of fatty acids in another thread. I think the combination of epigenetic stimulation and the topical application of lipid monomers could yield significant results.
Update?

Have tried this and can confirm results. Results are mostly temporary (maybe 3-4 hours after cold exposure), likely due to blood circulation. However I've noticed my eyes look better overall over time, even when I haven't taken the cold shower yet, as my gf has commented that look hotter than usual, despite not really changing anything in my regimen. So it seems like the fat composition is changing slowly.

I've also tried putting my mixture of peppermint oil+rosemary oil+castor oil on my eyelids as these are supposed to stimulate blood flow, which I use for my brows. It seems to make the eyes slightly more hooded, but I'm unsure if its due to increased bloodflow or because they're more greasy which makes the upper eyelid stick better.

For copers who say "it's genetics" etc, if anything the fact that nearly every single ethnicity (if not all of them) who live in arctic areas have hooded eyes are actually evidence that its related to cold exposure. Take Sami people or Inuits for instance. They have evolved these traits inherently since it protects against the cold, just like africans are black genetically to protect against the sun. However the human body is adaptable, so just like white people can tan despite being pale genetically, you can also change the fat composition in your face. There are of course ethnicities that also have hooded eyes that don't live in the north, but this can be related to migrations sexual selection or other things, one thing does not exclude the other.

As a warning tho, its possible white fat is good in the face. I found this (not high IQ to read through all of it) where a decrease in white adipose tissue is related to aging in the face. Not sure how cold exposure affects this. If it actually does decrease white fat cold exposure in the face may lead to aging over time, as you actually want some fat in your face to prevent wrinkles.

edited for clarification

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Cidre enjoyer
is copehooding still a thing?

can i just use ice cubes

Now thats fked up
Sup guys,
this is kind of a guide to increase your eye hooding by increasing the fat in that region. Yes, this is mostly lifefuel for guys with fucked up orbitals like me and the progress is fast.

How To:
Basically you want to expose your eye region to cold water (<7°C), be it a full on ice bath with putting your face inside the water aswell or (don't have experience with that) just putting your face in ice cold water. The cold exposure stimulates increased fat storage in those delicate regions around your eyeballs and voilà you can even see it directly afterwards.

The Theory:
Generally it is known that Cold Thermogenesis/Cold Therapy (Wim Hof and especially Jack Kruse deliver awesome information on this) puts your body in a fat burning mode, as the cold basically "melts" your fat cells, that's why many surgeons nowadays offer cryotherapy, because it works.
Longer exposures like ice bathing stimulate the production of brown adipose tissue especially in your upper torso, brown adipose tissue doesn't insulate and doesn't store fat like your basic white adipose tissue, it burns fat into heat, that's why Wim Hof and all the Himalayan monks can live easily in the cold, because they radiate heat.
Cold Thermogenesis has many many other benefits but for now let's get back to the eyes.

I was wondering why the fat around my eyes was basically nonexistent and why the body doesn't want to store fat there even though the eye area should be one of the last body regions to have little fat, because it's crucial for the health and protection of the eyes. I just don't want to pay so much for fat grafting jfl
The word protection of the eyes then striked through my mind, fat around the eyes is there to protect them...from the cold because of its insulation etc.

Since I've been ice bathing for over 2 months now and my cold resistance increased substantially and I thought hey why not dunk my face in the water aswell.
How I instantly knew afterwards that this will work was that only the skin around my eyes was red, the rest of the face was normal. The skin turns red, where the most heat is being produced (upper chest, upper back and now the orbital region). I'm not sure if this method works with exposing only the face or if you need that full body cold in addition, that's up to you for experimenting

To sum it up/ Routine:
Fat around the eyeball should be a normal thing for a human being as it protects the eyes from the cold.
As a routine I suggest to either do it daily or every second day, you either have cold water outside, maybe in your garden idk or you just buy/take icecubes in a bag OR make ice water in a bowl. You put your face in the water for as long as you can, this will hurt like hell in the beginning because your face/skin isn't used to expand your veins beneath the skin, but everytime it's gonna be 1. more comfortable and 2. easier to do it for extended periods of time, eventually being able to comfortably apply ice bags on other regions of your body, like your belly, to burn fat.

To show you that it works really fucking fast, because the eye region is so thin and small, I include three pics, 2 from a month ago, 1 from now without squinting and the eye hooding trick, and 1 with the eye hooding trick + squinting (bad quality tho sorry)
As you can see the UEE is significantly smaller now and my eyebrows improved aswell with castor+mint+argan mix

Thanks for reading

Didn’t expect for this thread to still be alive wow

Why cant i just put ice on my eyebrows

@NoBonezForMoanz
you can, have to do it in intervals since it hurts a lot more

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
how many minutes a day?

is puting ice directly (until it melts) to my eyes more effective?
it depends on the size of the ice cube. If its small i guess its fine. I think a good indication is when your eyelids start to get numb which is 3-5 minutes

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
it depends on the size of the ice cube. If its small i guess its fine. I think a good indication is when your eyelids start to get numb which is 3-5 minutes
thank you greycel

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and lonelycurry

For all those like myself who are interested in thicker eyebrows (latisse, minoxidil, possibly topical castor oil) which stimulate prostaglandins in the eyes, read this. This might be able to counter the hollow eyes some experience from using these products.

edit: I also found that you can buy this online incredibly easy. might be worth a try.

• +1
Reactions: xxkkw
After all this time… what’s the consensus?

Don’t tell me nobody tried it… if so what then what’s the point of this 17 page thread

• JFL
Reactions: mirrormogger
After all this time… what’s the consensus?

Don’t tell me nobody tried it… if so what then what’s the point of this 17 page thread
It works, can confirm!

So this will fuck up my undereyes if I mix this with my retin-a usage? Or should I just not apply retin-a on undereyes and do this and results will be positive? Kinda confused with the results some people got.

How long do I do this a day? 5 minutes repeated for as long as I can take maybe?

The results are immediate for me. I go from pretty bad UEE to perfectly hooded eyes while looking straight.

But the fat tissue around the eyes isn't actually brown fat, it is a unique combination of different fat types. It could be that the body builds more fat in that area after cold exposure. But the immediate effect can't be new fat tissue, that has to be just increased bloodflow or something else. It goes away after a few hours.
My fear is that considering that the eye are is mostly white fat, the ice will actually cause the white fat to decrease. Therefore accelerate aging if you do it consistently for a long time. There are no examples of icehooding working long term. I think it could be a dangerous looksmin in the long run.

• +1
Reactions: NoBonezForMoanz
my god man ur a saint, i didnt believe it fully but ur post has pushed me t try it myself, im gonna trial it for 2 months and see my results

• +1
Reactions: NoBonezForMoanz
i dont see changes besides of the hooding trick.
Undereye looks still extremly subhuman
Because he doesn’t have the best almond eyes and he has negative canthal

The results are immediate for me. I go from pretty bad UEE to perfectly hooded eyes while looking straight.

But the fat tissue around the eyes isn't actually brown fat, it is a unique combination of different fat types. It could be that the body builds more fat in that area after cold exposure. But the immediate effect can't be new fat tissue, that has to be just increased bloodflow or something else. It goes away after a few hours.
My fear is that considering that the eye are is mostly white fat, the ice will actually cause the white fat to decrease. Therefore accelerate aging if you do it consistently for a long time. There are no examples of icehooding working long term. I think it could be a dangerous looksmin in the long run.
Randomly checking in here after over a year

It has to be some kind of fat mix, I agree. There was always a pump directly after doing it, which surely is a sign of increased bloodflow.

Nevertheless after over one year of forgetting about all of it... That tissue is still there.
Exactly the same way it was back then. Which is a long term thumbs up in my eyes.

Cold winters do their own thing I guess.

Probably too neurotic but I am trying to minimize my minimal UEE, and am afraid of ice hooding destroying my white fat, like even if plumping happens it could be a rise in brown fat volume and a fall in white fat volume.

Been reading up on brown fat: https://hyperwear.com/blogs/blog/brown-fat-research
I read this:
"Recent years have brought an explosion of interest in cryotherapy, ice barrels, and the cold plunge. Brown fat research says we should be in mild cold environments. Brown fat activation is naturally triggered by exposure to mild cold - no colder than about 58 degrees Fahrenheit (14 degrees celsius). This is the key. Non-shivering thermogenesis temperatures. There are other benefits to cryotherapy and icing, but turning on your brown fat is not one."
And it seems like for coolsculpting:
"during a typical CoolSculpting session, targeted fat cells are cooled to a temperature between -11°C to -7°C (12.2°F to 19.4°F). The procedure usually lasts between 35 to 60 minutes per treatment area."

So a safe way to do this with zero risk of destroying existing white fat is to use something at 14 C, and for a slightly prolonged period of time (maybe wear a mask while meditating for 10-15 mins every morning). I might also try this on one eye first, just to see the difference. White fat should not be destroyed because its too short a time and not cold enough. And there doesn't seem to be benefits to anything beyond mild cold exposure.

• +1
Reactions: mirrormogger
Sup guys,
this is kind of a guide to increase your eye hooding by increasing the fat in that region. Yes, this is mostly lifefuel for guys with fucked up orbitals like me and the progress is fast.

How To:
Basically you want to expose your eye region to cold water (<7°C), be it a full on ice bath with putting your face inside the water aswell or (don't have experience with that) just putting your face in ice cold water. The cold exposure stimulates increased fat storage in those delicate regions around your eyeballs and voilà you can even see it directly afterwards.

The Theory:
Generally it is known that Cold Thermogenesis/Cold Therapy (Wim Hof and especially Jack Kruse deliver awesome information on this) puts your body in a fat burning mode, as the cold basically "melts" your fat cells, that's why many surgeons nowadays offer cryotherapy, because it works.
Longer exposures like ice bathing stimulate the production of brown adipose tissue especially in your upper torso, brown adipose tissue doesn't insulate and doesn't store fat like your basic white adipose tissue, it burns fat into heat, that's why Wim Hof and all the Himalayan monks can live easily in the cold, because they radiate heat.
Cold Thermogenesis has many many other benefits but for now let's get back to the eyes.

I was wondering why the fat around my eyes was basically nonexistent and why the body doesn't want to store fat there even though the eye area should be one of the last body regions to have little fat, because it's crucial for the health and protection of the eyes. I just don't want to pay so much for fat grafting jfl
The word protection of the eyes then striked through my mind, fat around the eyes is there to protect them...from the cold because of its insulation etc.

Since I've been ice bathing for over 2 months now and my cold resistance increased substantially and I thought hey why not dunk my face in the water aswell.
How I instantly knew afterwards that this will work was that only the skin around my eyes was red, the rest of the face was normal. The skin turns red, where the most heat is being produced (upper chest, upper back and now the orbital region). I'm not sure if this method works with exposing only the face or if you need that full body cold in addition, that's up to you for experimenting

To sum it up/ Routine:
Fat around the eyeball should be a normal thing for a human being as it protects the eyes from the cold.
As a routine I suggest to either do it daily or every second day, you either have cold water outside, maybe in your garden idk or you just buy/take icecubes in a bag OR make ice water in a bowl. You put your face in the water for as long as you can, this will hurt like hell in the beginning because your face/skin isn't used to expand your veins beneath the skin, but everytime it's gonna be 1. more comfortable and 2. easier to do it for extended periods of time, eventually being able to comfortably apply ice bags on other regions of your body, like your belly, to burn fat.

To show you that it works really fucking fast, because the eye region is so thin and small, I include three pics, 2 from a month ago, 1 from now without squinting and the eye hooding trick, and 1 with the eye hooding trick + squinting (bad quality tho sorry)
As you can see the UEE is significantly smaller now and my eyebrows improved aswell with castor+mint+argan mix

Thanks for reading
Try adding Volufline to a Q-Tip, and close your eye, then apply it in the area consisting of your top eyelid, under your eyebrow, and the ridge to multiply the fat production there