HOW DO I FIGURE OUT MY JAWS NATURAL POSITION?

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
TITLE

This probably sounds EXTREMELY RETARDED but i unironically dont know how my jaw is supposed to be positioned. i can literally give myself a big overbite (And a bit of literal SFS JFL) or underbite (And then I look like I got hit with a shovel) easily without even stressing anything (IT ISNT FORCED, NO JUTTING, NOTHING.) I suspect this might be a side effect of TMJ or something but idk, this guy has same issue: https://looksmax.org/threads/is-this-normal.722253/#post-12323293 (Credit @yellowmogger921). Just like him, I look down and my jaw slides forward naturally (He told me he has REALLY TERRIBLE tmj too).

so the question is how do i know what my actual bite is? how can i figure out in which position my jaws are supposed to be? very important i figure this out cause i dont wanna be in wrong jaw position while getting my CT scan JFL

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25550
just force type 1 theory

If I give myself a normal bite without it being natural then this is very bad for TMJ.
i been forcing type 1 for around a year and yet no tmj, maybe you should visit a maxilofacial instead of asking this question on this forum and whit no photos

• +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
i been forcing type 1 for around a year and yet no tmj, maybe you should visit a maxilofacial instead of asking this question on this forum and whit no photos
i asked @yellowmogger921 for a video demonstrating it irl and he said he'll make one tomorrow

ALSO my point is it doesn't matter wtf I force cause I'm literally gonna get jaw surgery so I need to show them how my jaws are NATURALLY, NOT FORCED, or else they could overadvance or underadvance me!

i asked @yellowmogger921 for a video demonstrating it irl and he said he'll make one tomorrow

ALSO my point is it doesn't matter wtf I force cause I'm literally gonna get jaw surgery so I need to show them how my jaws are NATURALLY, NOT FORCED, or else they could overadvance or underadvance me!
oh i get it, well they prob gon get radiographys so they will find out

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
oh i get it, well they prob gon get radiographys so they will find out
Yeah I mean I want to get a CT scan so that is my plan but I'm just worried if I have the wrong bite/occlusion (Something that's not natural for me) then that could confuse the surgeon and make him do the surgery wrong OR could mess up the CT scan in general cause I know those things are very sensitive

Is your overbite/underbite corrected when natural?

Is your overbite/underbite corrected when natural?
no i have some problems whit my molar height in the left side, so i gotta fix it, but tbh i think it helped me whit the development on my ramus and also it works to cope so yeah

no i have some problems whit my molar height in the left side, so i gotta fix it, but tbh i think it helped me whit the development on my ramus and also it works to cope so yeah
Thats interesting, is your jaw tense when you force it or have you got used to it?

Thats interesting, is your jaw tense when you force it or have you got used to it?
it was never tense tbh, yeah i got used to it like in a month now i do it subconsciously

it was never tense tbh, yeah i got used to it like in a month now i do it subconsciously
mirin how nobody has responded to my question but you JFL

Just wait until you lose a few (more?) back teeth. Brutal.

• Hmm...
i lowkey had the same issue. i believe it doesnt really matter that much.

show a vid of you just biting with your mouth open. the lower jaw rotates as it goes up and down its never linear, thats why you probably feel like this

maybe i got it wrong but im a visual learner

• +1
That thread you linked, that is normal even in patients with class 1 bites.
I have a class 1 bite, but even in neutral position my airway is 2.4mm at the narrowest point which is why I have sleep apnea. When you lower your head, you close that space even more and so your lower jaw reacts by moving forward to give you the airway space to breath. This is also why a lot of recessed people have bad neck posture since they push their whole head forward to keep airways open

when you do CT scan they will probably have you lay flat on a bed. You can't move your head much in this position anyway and even if you're slightly "off" or whatever the jaw surgeon will know how to orient your jaw in relation to your skull and neck

• +1
I have a class 1 bite, but even in neutral position my airway is 2.4mm at the narrowest point which is why I have sleep apnea. When you lower your head, you close that space even more and so your lower jaw reacts by moving forward to give you the airway space to breath. This is also why a lot of recessed people have bad neck posture since they push their whole head forward to keep airways open

when you do CT scan they will probably have you lay flat on a bed. You can't move your head much in this position anyway and even if you're slightly "off" or whatever the jaw surgeon will know how to orient your jaw in relation to your skull and neck
Have you gotten a cephalograph?

• Hmm...
i lowkey had the same issue. i believe it doesnt really matter that much.

show a vid of you just biting with your mouth open. the lower jaw rotates as it goes up and down its never linear, thats why you probably feel like this

maybe i got it wrong but im a visual learner
it does matter if im gonna get surgery cause if surgeon thinks my jaw position is diff from what it really is i could maybe get bad results, but any good surgeon ofc shouldn't make this mistake

thanks, you are very knowledgable and helpful bro

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing