How frequently should you use shampoo and conditioner on long hair (I’m white)

lebronjames23

lebronjames23

DARK HAIR. OLIVE SKIN. LIGHT EYES
Just wondering what is the best frequency for optimal hair volume and texture. Every day? 3 times a week? Or should you not use shampoo and conditioner at all??

Are there certain ingredients you should be looking for?

As infrequent as possible. It can deplete natural oils from your hair

• +1
Reactions: lebronjames23
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2268
So no shampoo or conditioner at all? I will try this
I personally have hair that tends to dry out easily after using shampoo so I avoid it. But if your hair can tolerate it you can shampoo/condition once a week

• +1
Reactions: lebronjames23
hair does smell like shit if you dont wash it (specially if you are working out regularly) so id say once a week but use argan oil to combat the frizz after shampoo and conditioner

What’s your hair texture dumbass

Take the hygiene pill, woman won't like the smell of your dirty hair, so its best to wash it every single day

So no shampoo or conditioner at all? I will try this
Water as often as you want (no more than once per day) and shampoo once per week is adequate.

• +1
Reactions: gugal and JohnDoe
Water as often as you want (no more than once per day) and shampoo once per week is adequate.
If you gym daily how is water enough to get all that sweat and grease out of your hair, even if the water is hot.

I shampoo every shower (daily) and have great hair, conditioner turns me into greasy shitskin 20 minutes after the shower.

I think it’s largely genetic, my hair is really oily naturally, so more conditioner is not necessary for me.

Use sulfate free shampoo as it will clean and will not dry your hair.
The frequency depends on your type of hair and length.

Use shampoo that has all natural ingredients in it. No sulphate or any other chemicals.
I'd recommend north american herb & spice or wellnesse or ACV shampoo if you have dandruff. If you do use it, only apply shampoo 1-3x a week max, the goal is always to be as natural as possible, all these chemicals are not good. Can use homemade sea salt spray for texture. That is not to say that you shouldn't shower often, just use water and possibly a shower filter.
A lot of people say stuff like "i have to shampoo daily because my hair gets greasy etc" without realizing that the very reason this occurs is because they're applying shampoo too often and with harmful chemicals. It's a never-ending cycle and that's how they want it so you are a repeat buyer for their products.