How hard is it- T14 Law School admissions?

Deleted member 4614

Deleted member 4614

Bronze
1) Can you go to a “meh” uni- IE a large state school that gives tons of financial aid/scholarships— as school prestige does not matter to any Law school admissions (bar yale)

2) Take a retard tier major (Business Admin) [does not negatively effect you to law school admissions]

3) Get a 4.0 (this is obviously not super easy, but its 1000% easier than even a 3.5 in an actually rigorous major) [Massive halo to admissions, despite the actual ease of your courses]

4) Due to easy courseload you can grind your ass off for the LSAT. Obviously genetic low IQ nonwithstanding. With the $$ you saved on a state school you can pay for private tutoring etc. Unless you are genetic dead end you can hit 170s.
Now law school is giga expensive of course but most of the T14s except for h/y/s are open to scholarships for a variety of reasons (merit, minority, family income).
What is the catch? If you did poorly in HS/can’t afford a good university right out of HS+ suck at math, isn’t this a good option? If you are inclined towards reading/writing.

if you wanna be a gunner and go into law school post undergrad immediately aim for 4.0 and above 172 LSAT

the law school admissions stats are only accurate for people with 1-2 years experience usually fyi

Busines Admin is fine but they're more lax with quant topics

T14 is not hard at all but full ride even at dogshit like UCLA is very competitive

don't expect any scholarships at Yale and Harvard

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614
@chadison @Acromegaly_Chad @DivineBeing :unsure:

What am I missing here? My other options is going to a “meh” university and taking difficult courses that require high mathematical abilities, and still probably struggling to land an IB job due to no university prestige.

:feelswat:
IBD only cares about school and not major

Doing Math at UC Riverside won't get you anywhere into IBD even if it's hard

There's a mogger underrated Uni for Mormons called Brigham Young - almost all grads end up with good jobs. Consider it for Business Admin if you're a mormon. The students there are of similar quality to Ivies like Brown.

Somr of my friends there ended up at Elite Investment Boutiques and PE like KKR

Last edited:
  • +1
law sucks imo dont do it unless you suck at STEM.

like you I was much better at reading and writing (I scored around 90th percentile in STEM in highschool and 99th in reading/writing on standardized tests like the ACT/SAT). stem is still a better option due to the wide availability and multitude of career options

I would shoot myself if I was an attorney

• Hmm...
Thank you bro. Yeah I assume taking a really ‘difficult’ major would be a small soft halo, but it wouldn’t offset the significantly worse GPA i would achieve.

I feel like this is kind of achievable- especially if I am naturally a solid reader/writer? [I took the ACT and without any preparation (no use for studying bc its banned in UC admissions) got a 35 on reading/writing. (26 science JFL).]

And getting a 4.0 in an easy major isn’t really that bad?

Do you think this is a decent plan?
I'm not sure whether it's a solid plan

Practising law is very subhuman don't forget that.

And you'll have $400k student debt after both undergrad and JD.

If you know you want to be a lawyer it's doable. Definitely easier than being a Pre-Med.

I wouldn't personally recommend it though. I'd prefer being a CS rotter.

• +1
Why though? I do suck at stem got a 26 on science part of ACT and got a D in ap calc…
because youre not doing anything useful as an attorney, its mostly paper pushing and writing bullshit memos. look it up

STEM is a lot more work ethic than it is natural intelligence, you can be "above average" and still succeed to a great extent. Its about your time management, social networking abilities, and motivation if you choose to make it that

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 4614 and DivineBeing
Yeah, and I am not getting anywhere decent. UC berk/LA is a reach for me tbh.

I am not mormon but I think they are based. I will look into it I appreciate your advice.
It's definitely not over going to a shit college below UCLA. But it's not gonna be a breeze at all.

• +1
Aren’t almost all well paying jobs subhuman?

I can probably get a lot of my UG paid for thru aid. I don’t know enough about law school scholarship to comment on that.

Thanks. I think I don’t have the correct brain wiring for anything STEM. I barely got Bs in HS science classes, 26 ACT… D in math class…
Tech jobs, quant jobs and IBD are not subhuman

Everything else is

• +1
Well if I can get a 3.9+ in business admin and do well on the LSAT in what way does ie UCSD handicap me?
UCSD is probably average/ above average undergrad for T14

a 3.9+ GPA and 174+ LSAT would put you competitive for Yale and guarantee full ride at one of T7-9

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Fear and Deleted member 4614
Thanks. Is this that difficult to achieve?

Like I don’t know shit about college grading, but people joke about how easy business admin is. If I plan on going to law school I can engineer my course load around getting “easy” As? Especially going to schools which have A+ and aiming for that (if law school CAS GPA calculation takes it into account)

Similarly, assuming I have the resources ($$ for courses/tutors, + some natural skills in reading comp/analysis/logic) and the time (free time to study due to lighter courseload) is getting a low/mid 170s that unobtainable?

I always thought I would be cucked in life if Im bad at math and didn’t get into a good uni. But it seems this can give me a shot to not be a poorcel.

BTW i really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
Very hard to achieve both:

https://blueprintprep.com/lsat/lsat-scores

170 is 98th percentile

175 is 99.6th percentile

4.0 Business Admin is very hard. Top 2% perhaps. 3.9+ might be Top 5%+

But if yo look at T14 admissions you can get away with 167 and 3.75 GPA but that just puts you in a bad position.

FYI: I graduated with 3.7 from an Ivy and did mediocre, but noticeable work for it.. A 4.0 is definitely not gifted or given for free.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Hmmm. Aren’t a lot of those skewed by people not trying seriously? I mean My HS gpa is up there but took extremely minimal work and same with read/witing act scores.
College is different than HS

As a rotter you'll just fail completely. I was a completely rotter in HS. Probably the biggest rotter that got into my college.

College I had to put in work and everyone at least does 2 hours a day on average per week.

Especially if you go to something like UCSD it's unlikely to find that many permarotters there.

• +1
Getting into grad school is 80% GPA/standardized test scores. Take the easiest classes you can to get your degree and don’t overload yourself. Summer classes are often easier to focus on, if you can afford them. Begin studying for the LSAT a year before and do a bit each day.