How I made 100k from age 16-20

ZoomerSpicoid415

ZoomerSpicoid415

Bronze
I am not going to sell you "methods" or whatever snake oil. Im just going to give you the most basic and boomer advice possible that works

Me 4 years ago
-16 years old
-Live in Hood
-Go to ghetto shit HS
-mom is doing opioids
-living on welfare
-Dad died
-0.33 GPA, Hung out with gang members because no one else liked me

What did I do?
I was desperate and wanted to dedicate my life to wage slaving. I got my first job at 16 when Covid first started. I worked for a grocery store for minimum wage (Maybe 14 dollars a hour part time. This is when I began investing. I started using my moms SSN and since she was on welfare any gains I made wouldn't really get deducted. I put maybe 2000$ into TSLA$ after 3 months of working. I got fired in the summer and I didn't make shit from here, next time I worked I wanted to do something better.

Covid then ramped up in 2021 and I knew what to do. The only jobs that were hiring were restaurant that did delivery so I applied to a local restaurant. I began working for 15$ a hour

I worked my way up into having a better salary after being a good slave for the first few months and after a year I was at about 18.5$ per hour and I would do tasks that I wasn't told to do, I begged for overtime, offered to close and open the store and the arab store owner loved that. Tips existed aswell and I made maybe an additional 100-200$ a week from this.

I dont have the direct numbers but I made 15-18$ a hour * 40 for a year. With this money I did nothing except buy a 2500$ car and pc parts, the rest of the money went to my robinhood account where I put everything into major bluechip stocks

I then graduated High School in 2022 and wanted a change. I was unemployed for a few months in the summer of 2022 and I was disgusted with myself, I spent my entire time browsing 4chinz and .is and wanted to be different, I knew something had to change. In august of 2022 I researched everything on how fraud yourself into making the perfect resume and I spent a day perfecting it, using this I applied to every single job that I possibly could, applying for 100 different jobs and 10 different trade unions. 2 places called me, the local IBEW and a security company that does overnight for tech campuses. This is when my life changed. I began working as a security guard for 20 a hour, same thing as the previous job, begged for OT and worked my way into getting a raise for 25$ a hour, did this for a few months and the OT was constant with atleast 12-16 hours extra a week. Then at the beginning of 2023 the IBEW put me to work, I began working for 29$ a hour and got 36$ at my highest almost every single penny I got from both of these jobs I put into VOO/VTI-TSLA$ and NVIDIA. I have made almost 50k in profit but I am now out of the market

I worked like a dog for almost 2 years straight

I have quit both jobs both jobs to focus on school and now I have a CS degree. I have been living off of HYSA money since. My life finally begins

What should you do at this age?

As soon as you turn 18 do something IMMEDITATELY. Apply for a trade union, get your CDL, learn a trade or have a valuable skill because your college degree is becoming useless if you're not a Lawyer/STEM.

What not to do?
-Lease/Loan on any car, buy a 95-2005 japanese car in cash and stick with it. I spend less than 200$ a month on gas and insurance on my car
-Debt, don't get a CC and use it like a retard obviously, don't get a phone off of a payment plan etc
- Use money for materialistic things, women do not give a FUCK about your money unless you have a 100k+ car or mansion or youre chad

My current financial standing at 20.5
-Roth IRA 4500$
-Robinhood 50k
-Checking 10k

Rest of the total has been spent on tangible investments and future purchases I'd make when I was older anyways such as a great mattress, Martial arts contract, power tools, gold/silver bullions, trading cards (made 5k on these)

My current plan is to get a SWE job and spend 90% of my six figure salary on stocks and then after the first year I'll start living normally

I wrote this in like 10 minutes so forgive it if its shit

It is very hard to become rich, but I believe that almost anyone can become upper middle class if they want too

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Mewton, gymcel:(, TechnoBoss and 42 others
financially mogs me into the shadow realm. I'm a 25 year old NEET and only get a 100 dollar allowance per month by my mommy that I spend on beer and pizza.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Mewton, ParanoidHungLatino, Roquefort and 42 others
Grinding hard at a job and investing your earnings wisely is the best way to make real money for most people nowadays

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover, Roquefort, john788 and 13 others
great thread, PM

Bro make it out the hood

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sub5outsider, Roquefort, aestheticsrespecter and 2 others
financially mogs me into the shadow realm. I'm a 25 year old NEET and only get a 100 dollar allowance per month by my mommy that I spend on beer and pizza.
if ur in USA join a plumbing or electrical union. in your first few years you'll just be a janitor for the boomers on the job. I got paid a fuckton to mostly take care of scrap, finishing panels (Your basic boomer dad could do this), run to home depot etc

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: noodlelover, saiya_online, 2beltshawty and 4 others
I am not going to sell you "methods" or whatever snake oil. Im just going to give you the most basic and boomer advice possible that works

Me 4 years ago
-16 years old
-Live in Hood
-Go to ghetto shit HS
-mom is doing opioids
-living on welfare
-Dad died

What did I do?
I was desperate and wanted to dedicate my life to wage slaving. I got my first job at 16 when Covid first started. I worked for a grocery store for minimum wage (Maybe 14 dollars a hour part time. This is when I began investing. I started using my moms SSN and since she was on welfare any gains I made wouldn't really get deducted. I put maybe 2000$ into TSLA$ after 3 months of working. I got fired in the summer and I didn't make shit from here, next time I worked I wanted to do something better.

Covid then ramped up in 2021 and I knew what to do. The only jobs that were hiring were restaurant that did delivery so I applied to a local restaurant. I began working for 15$ a hour

I worked my way up into having a better salary after being a good slave for the first few months and after a year I was at about 18.5$ per hour and I would do tasks that I wasn't told to do, I begged for overtime, offered to close and open the store and the arab store owner loved that. Tips existed aswell and I made maybe an additional 100-200$ a week from this.

I dont have the direct numbers but I made 15-18$ a hour * 40 for a year. With this money I did nothing except buy a 2500$ car and pc parts, the rest of the money went to my robinhood account where I put everything into major bluechip stocks

I then graduated High School in 2022 and wanted a change. I was unemployed for a few months in the summer of 2022 and I was disgusted with myself, I spent my entire time browsing 4chinz and .is and wanted to be different, I knew something had to change. In august of 2022 I researched everything on how fraud yourself into making the perfect resume and I spent a day perfecting it, using this I applied to every single job that I possibly could, applying for 100 different jobs and 10 different trade unions. 2 places called me, the local IBEW and a security company that does overnight for tech campuses. This is when my life changed. I began working as a security guard for 20 a hour, same thing as the previous job, begged for OT and worked my way into getting a raise for 25$ a hour, did this for a few months and the OT was constant with atleast 12-16 hours extra a week. Then at the beginning of 2023 the IBEW put me to work, I began working for 29$ a hour and got 36$ at my highest almost every single penny I got from both of these jobs I put into VOO/VTI-TSLA$ and NVIDIA. I have made almost 50k in profit but I am now out of the market

I have quit both jobs both jobs to focus on school and now I have a CS degree. I have been living off of HYSA money since. My life finally begins

As soon as you turn 18 do something IMMEDITATELY. Apply for a trade union, get your CDL, learn a trade or have a valuable skill because your college degree is becoming useless if you're not a Lawyer/STEM.

What not to do?
-Lease/Loan on any car, buy a 95-2005 japanese car in cash and stick with it. I spend less than 200$ a month on gas and insurance on my car
-Debt, don't get a CC and use it like a retard obviously, don't get a phone off of a payment plan etc
- Use money for materialistic things, women do not give a FUCK about your money unless you have a 100k+ car or mansion or youre chad

-Roth IRA 4500$
-Robinhood 50k
-Checking 10k

Rest of the total has been spent on tangible investments and future purchases I'd make when I was older anyways such as a great mattress, Martial arts contract, power tools, gold/silver bullions, trading cards (made 5k on these)

My current plan is to get a SWE job and spend 90% of my six figure salary on stocks and then after the first year I'll start living normally

It is very hard to become rich, but I believe that almost anyone can become upper middle class if they want too
Goat shit

• +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter
Good job buddy

• +1
Reactions: Roquefort, aestheticsrespecter and Depresso
yeah yeah yeah

even i managed to make 100k by the time i was 19, and i did it off a cracked iphone 9 screen

come back to me in a few years if you manage to turn it into a mil haha

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: nofap, mike21, Alt Number 3 and 1 other person
yeah yeah yeah

even i managed to make 100k by the time i was 19, and i did it off a cracked iphone 9 screen

iphone 9?

• +1
Reactions: kiyopon
proud of you bro

Me 4 years ago
-16 years old
-Live in Hood
-Go to ghetto shit HS
-mom is doing opioids
-living on welfare
-Dad died

What did I do?

What not to do?

-Roth IRA 4500$
-Robinhood 50k
-Checking 10k

Hey bro great thread. You mentioned having a 0.35 GPA but also getting a CS degree at some point? Where did you attend?

• +1
Reactions: aber and aestheticsrespecter
Hey bro great thread. You mentioned having a 0.35 GPA but also getting a CS degree at some point? Where did you attend?
WGU CS degree and in my later years I had a 4.0 for 2 years

• +1
Reactions: aber and wishIwasSalludon
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mike21, UZB_Strebl, poopoohead and 1 other person
whos your avi? hes such a lightskin mogger

Grinding hard at a job and investing your earnings wisely is the best way to make real money for most people nowadays
Truth.

Yet, most all posts here.
Young dudes dogg on the 9-5 type of jobs. And wanna go do dropshipping, content creating, hustling, crime, etc.. so to male money.

• +1
Reactions: kiyopon, 2beltshawty, Tai Lung and 6 others
I get abit more from my daddy and spend it only on pizza

• JFL
Reactions: pentamogged9000 and Gaygymmaxx
How were you able to make so much? What was your business

Truth.

Young dudes dogg on the 9-5 type of jobs. And wanna go do dropshipping, content creating, hustling, crime, etc.. so to male money.
yep

truth be told, if you’re past the age of 18 trying to make money in unorthodox ways and have to ask people online, you’re too low iq and better off just wageslaving and saving money to geomax to a lower cost of living country

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover, Pikabro, Pride and 4 others
Completely true.

• +1
Reactions: Pride, Infinite and ascension
Truth.

Bro people hate on 9-5 jobs but if you actually work hard and get into a corporate job, it's piss easy. I barely do shit. @SecularIslamist can confirm too. And they pay you so well that you can easily invest large amounts (especially if you live at home with parents and don't have to pay rent)

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3, forevergymcelling, SecularIslamist and 1 other person

Me 4 years ago
-16 years old
-Live in Hood
-Go to ghetto shit HS
-mom is doing opioids
-living on welfare
-Dad died

What did I do?

What not to do?

-Roth IRA 4500$
-Robinhood 50k
-Checking 10k

This is a really good way to build up enough "capital" to start a bussiness when you're 22 or above, dont do the same strat your entire life

Bro people hate on 9-5 jobs but if you actually work hard and get into a corporate job, it's piss easy. I barely do shit. @SecularIslamist can confirm too. And they pay you so well that you can easily invest large amounts (especially if you live at home with parents and don't have to pay rent)
Based and true that.the safest predictable way to earn money, is having a skill that people/company will hire you for. All rest (except maybe renting out real estate) is less predictable, more risky, more hit or miss.

Why the hate for 9-5 jobs?
All alot these young people, got influenced by the marketing of finfluencer, whom hate on 9-5 jobs and doing skilled work/labor.
The marketing done by people selling online overpriced cope basic entry level information courses. About, making BIG money "online", doing 3 hours of work per day, dropshipping nicknacks, amazon seler, or daytrading your 1000 usd savings with 25% daily profit into 1 million after 6 months, etc......
Bullshit time and money waist

• +1
Reactions: reddotguy, Infinite and ascension
Based and true that.the safest predictable way to earn money, is having a skill that people/company will hire you for. All rest (except maybe renting out real estate) is less predictable, more risky, more hit or miss.

All alot these young people, got influenced by the marketing of finfluencer, whom hate on 9-5 jobs and doing skilled work/labor.
The marketing done by people selling online overpriced cope basic entry level information courses. About, making BIG money "online", doing 3 hours of work per day, dropshipping nicknacks, amazon seler, or daytrading your 1000 usd savings with 25% daily profit into 1 million after 6 months, etc......
9-5 is to be seen as a way to earn enough money to start investing, not to settle for your entire life, which so many do.

1 business idea ive had which ill spill the beans on, cause i doubt any of you will do it. People die, combine evaluation of items inside house, clean up (contract a thai cleaner company, aswell as some rando bum who will lift) appraise items, buy them for a profit, throw the rest out, and clean it. Youll be able to make guaranteed 200 profit, or even 1,000 or more.

• +1
Reactions: Infinite

Yeah. And having a "skill" that companies will hire you for is piss easy too. The main skills they look for are confidence, good communication skills and work ethic. That's literally it for most jobs in most fields (exceptions being IT and medicine).

yeah yeah yeah

Nigga has the unreleased iphone 9 /s

• JFL
Reactions: ZoomerSpicoid415
9-5 is to be seen as a way to earn enough money to start investing, not to settle for your entire life, which so many do.
True. That also has to do often, with people not managing the spending side. Where people in reasonable their spending with their income, hence getting stuck in the paycheck to paycheck mode, not daring to switch up later on because (also) it would make it impossible to pay the next bill.

1 business idea ive had which ill spill the beans on, cause i doubt any of you will do it. People die, combine evaluation of items inside house, clean up (contract a thai cleaner company, aswell as some rando bum who will lift) appraise items, buy them for a profit, throw the rest out, and clean it. Youll be able to make guaranteed 200 profit, or even 1,000 or more.
That can be for sure a decent income and business to develop and have.
Where I life, these kind of companies doing this exist. As well as non-profit organisations doing this, whom will make the houses of dead people clean and taking all.the stuff. Which they than sell at their shop/Hall.

• +1
Reactions: Infinite and Shkreliii
. That's literally it for most jobs in most fields (exceptions being IT and medicine).
Yo add: And law, legal, financial services.

• +1
Reactions: ascension
Yo add: And law, legal, financial services.

I work in finance, the only skills they look for are good communication and ability to learn things fast

None of what I learnt in my degree (economics) gets used in my job

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3, 2beltshawty and poopoohead
True. That also has to do often, with people not managing the spending side. Where people in reasonable their spending with their income, hence getting stuck in the paycheck to paycheck mode, not daring to switch up later on because (also) it would make it impossible to pay the next bill.
Why do people think 9-5 is that bad.
You literally have someone giving you specific guidelines on what to do and what not to do. It's easy and stable money.
Being your own boss sounds fun and all, but most of the people aren't competent enough to do that to be able to earn more than they can in a 9-5.
Smh, these YT gurus are easily scamming these guys for a 2000$ course that is worth nothing, when they can instead get useful degrees and certificates with them.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A, 2beltshawty and Pikabro
I work in finance, the only skills they look for are good communication and ability to learn things fast

None of what I learnt in my degree (economics) gets used in my job
I see. i work tax law. But finished diplomas are needed, otherwise the insurance company won't pay out for faults made. And they always want diploma proofs. Same here, with offering insurance products and loans, although the education for that is lower levels.

• +1
Why do people think 9-5 is that bad.
You literally have someone giving you specific guidelines on what to do and what not to do. It's easy and stable money.
Being your own boss sounds fun and all, but most of the people aren't competent enough to do that to be able to earn more than they can in a 9-5.
Smh, these YT gurus are easily scamming these guys for a 2000$ course that is worth nothing, when they can instead get useful degrees and certificates with them.
Based. i agree. 100%

Being own boss, is hard work. Most business owners, work alot.

• +1
Reactions: Infinite
I see. i work tax law. But finished diplomas are needed, otherwise the insurance company won't pay out for faults made. And they always want diploma proofs. Same here, with offering insurance products and loans, although the education for that is lower levels.

Oh I see. I work in auditing/advisory/business consulting. It's complicated stuff but the actual volume of work is pretty low. I only end up working like 3-4 hours a day, rest of the time I ldar.

Oh I see. I work in auditing/advisory/business consulting. It's complicated stuff but the actual volume of work is pretty low. I only end up working like 3-4 hours a day, rest of the time I ldar.
Consulting and consultancy work, is lol.
I am often surprised businesses are paying and ordering so much of that. I See it, 75+% of the time as cope. As Mental masturbation, time waiste.
Maybe I am wrong?

• +1
Consulting and consultancy work, is lol.
I am often surprised businesses are paying and ordering so much of that. I See it, 75+% of the time as cope.
Maybe I am wrong?

Well my company helps businesses with a lot of things, even if we can increase their productivity/profit margins by 1-2%, thats big money for them overall, so they're happy to pay. I'd say maybe 50% of it is cope

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3 and eduardkoopman
Well my company helps businesses with a lot of things, even if we can increase their productivity/profit margins by 1-2%, thats big money for them overall, so they're happy to pay. I'd say maybe 50% of it is cope
Cool. Good to know.
That's still decent succes rate.

Sometimes I alalsnotice. Consulting advice gave short term good gains, but long term fuckups.
Especially around the thing, of changes related to employees. Which caused people to leave because they hated the changes, and they than some years later are short staffed and can't find new people and it hurts the business .

Stuff with Consulting. Is often notoriously hard to measure. Especially long term gains or loss effects

• +1
Nothing but admiration

• +1
Reactions: pentamogged9000

Me 4 years ago
-16 years old
-Live in Hood
-Go to ghetto shit HS
-mom is doing opioids
-living on welfare
-Dad died

What did I do?

What not to do?

-Roth IRA 4500$
-Robinhood 50k
-Checking 10k

I hope someone shoots you in the face and steals everything you have

• JFL
Reactions: pentamogged9000
Shut the fuck up

• +1
Reactions: mike21
Lol, very sad Life. Should have neetbuxxed

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mike21, Skywalker, The Antichrist and 1 other person