How I fixed 5 o'clock shadow and skin irritation with a different shaving technique

D

Deleted member 55636

Iron
This might just be a niche problem with me, but I used to always get redness and irritation after shaving with multi-blade cartridge razors in the past. I was also never able to get that perfect smooth shave with no 5 o'clock shadow in the past but now I can get it every time with this method. I definitely think tretinoin increased irritation while shaving, so I thought I'd drop this thread to help any one with the same problem(s).

First pass is WITH the grain with a safety razor. Use the MÜHLE R89 with a feather blade for the closest possible shave without going against the grain.

Screenshot 2023 12 29 at 115344 pm

Second pass is AGAINST the grain. Use Gillete SkinGuard.
Screenshot 2023 12 29 at 115713 pm

If you're wondering why you don't just use the R89 for both passes, its purely because in my experience cartridge razors against the grain will get a closer shave. The reason you go with the grain on the first pass is to make the job of the cartridge razor easier (less hair). Skipping the first step will increase the likelihood of irritation. I tried many different razor combinations, grain combinations, I tried everything. This is the only method that works for me every time.

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
i have crazy thick beard and if i shave this close i get crazy ingrown ....
you don't get acne from such a close shave?
i have to trim ti 0.8 mm ( never can go to the clean shave)
even philips one blade cause me acne

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 55636
i have crazy thick beard and if i shave this close i get crazy ingrown ....
you don't get acne from such a close shave?
i have to trim ti 0.8 mm ( never can go to the clean shave)
even philips one blade cause me acne
I get no acne or anything.

I know the Philips one blade is pretty gentle so you seem to have very sensitive skin. I don't think my method will help you much. Maybe give safety razors a go if you haven't already.

• +1
Reactions: the_nextDavidLaid
Use cum as shaving cream works everytiem