How long does it take to learn boxing?

.๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฉ.

.๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฉ.

Kraken
Also is it worth learning at 18? I have no history of learning any martial arts. I just wanna learn some fighting skills.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6695 and Kingcel32
thanks for looksmaxxing advide

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Darkstrand, Dog face and 1 other person
@inceletto Help me bro

Last edited:
Depends on your aptitude for it.

• +1
Reactions: Romanicus and Deathrasher42
You've good base for it,i saw you

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: JizzFarmer and inceletto
If ur actually 6'5, you're at a big advantage. Basically do neck bridges and hit the heavy bag

• Woah
Reactions: .๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฉ.
are you actually 6'5 lmao

If ur actually 6'5, you're at a big advantage. Basically do neck bridges and hit the heavy bag
Can I learn it myself or do I need to enroll in a course. because its almost 1400$ for the course of 140 classes

definitely gives a reach advantage, and people aren't allowed to trip you up so you can just jab from far away.

• Woah
To learn the general concepts, and get a sense of struggle, about 1 year.
To be very good about 3 years ago.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
Also is it worth learning at 18? I have no history of learning any martial arts. I just wanna learn some fighting skills.
Tbh it takes about 3 months just that you know and can apply the basics in professional boxing

• Hmm...
Is it worth doing at 18?
of course man
but it depends on your goals aswell 99% that you wont be a european or world champ even if u train like one
but if you just want to be really good you can start it 100%
in our gym we have 30 year old newbies aswell

how does he have an advantage? In boxing he will fight people that are the same weight/height.... weight classes you know?

it takes as long as it gets. I'm a boxer myself and had been boxing since I was 18 and still to this day. Once you start, you don't want to give up. It's one of the most required manly sport and also a life saving skill you can have.

how does he have an advantage? In boxing he will fight people that are the same weight/height.... weight classes you know?
1% of men are 6'4"+. Doubt his gym will have anyone his same height.

I'm an amateur boxer

Just go, case by case. Probs about a year+ ish, but worth it. Also for short term you cardiomaxx
Also u begin to be able to defend urself from way bigger people unless you're like 5"5 and the other guy is a 6"4 juice head

It's def worth learning at 18, I have a friend who started at 19 and was in a qualifying match for the damn Olympics. Success def varies on a lot of factors including footwork,intelligence, and how physical you already are. At an older age, I think aggression is key cause if you're not agressive, kids that have been boxing since before 16 and younger will destroy you! In boxing size doesn't matter as you're already in divisions, it's all about function

Last edited:
You never truly learn boxing. You will always keep imporving year after year. But after 2 years (maybe 1 if you are born naturally gifted) you will be decent enough to beat the crap out of most untrained dudes

Dude you have the perfect age to start, its just a low iq sport compared to mma and you get brain damage since most of the hits are to the head otherwise its a cool sport

Yeah bro go for it you re literally 18 ,you could start anything even at 50 -60 years old dont let age or other people stop you from living . Also if you re just going to do it for self defence i think it s useless because nobody will ever challenge a 6'6 guy unless you re made of thin paper .

• +1
Reactions: johncruz12345