How long must they wait

lstar2005

lstar2005

PRAISE THE SUN
(From the entry of my journal, 1st of February 2024)

Today I woke up after a strange dream. I don't dream too often. I don't belive dreams hold much meaning, nor do I see them as some prophetic message that needs to be carefully analysed to be understood.
But today was different.

I walked in the snow naked. Before me was a view of a snow-covered valley stretching, as it seemed to me, as far as my eyes could see. I remember the cold, the feeling of my knees dragging through the thick white snow, the sound of my voice, humming "He is Risen" (), and the marks of a rope on my shoulder. I had a rope tied to both my shoulders, carved deep in my skin. I somehow knew which feet were tied to the other end of the rope.
I was dragging the bodies of my mother and father.
I marched for another 2 days when I stopped at a small chapel made of stone. I went inside to hide from the cold, if just for a minute. It was dark, the light only coming from two windows, left and right of the oltar respectivly. I tried to kneel down to pray, but my shins were frostbitten. So I stood. I tried to join my hands, but my fingers weren't there. So i put them to my side. When I tried to pray, my lips were sealed by the cold, and my throat was dry. So i wept. When I tried to weep, I found I had no tears left.
Outside the chapel there was a graveyard, maybe a few hundered steps away.
I walked for 3 years and 7 months to reach it.
When I got there, I buried my father and my mother, and marched onward, through the snow.

----------

So I ask you, brothers,
We will all carry someone on our shoulders.
We must all march onward with a heavy burden on our backs.
Will the person you carry see you succeed? Will he or she be proud of you when taking her last breath? How long must they wait for your success, your smile and your warmth? Won't you miss them? Will they depart from you, without you being present and loving? Not knowing your full potential, never seeing your true colors?
They will wither and depart from you one day. With no warning, with no alarm.
And when you arise in the morning, think what joy it is to breathe, to sing, to speak and to laugh.
And just when you lost it all, to kneel, to pray, to speak and to weep,

HOPE DIES LAST.
Dc8c9e54218426353fffcb8248e4ce08

F548a0e878ff8b1b4cfd32e7d4d0b8e5

A49d232f772ed0cfaf4f26a6156c8033

50ce8a99b7ee5bd3708946a6e2dc7dd7

3859e82712cf7b617f6eef214fce1b29

tell your mum you love her before i do. peace

POV : You tried cocaine first time

Last edited: