How much sodium (mg) will bloat you regardless of your potassium?

ManletJordanBarrett

ManletJordanBarrett

Iron
I’m aware that the most important thing is your sodium to potassium ratio (ideally 4:1 potassium to sodium) but I’ve heard that there’s a point of having too much sodium that will bloat you regardless of your potassium, what is that number? I’ve seen 1000mg, 1500mg, 500mg, any consensus?

@pneumocystosis

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis
Around 1500mg of sodium or even less (max 2300mg) should be fine if you stay close to that 4:1 potassium ratio. I don’t see any benefit in eating more potassium AND sodium, if you just stay in the ideal ratio and don’t go to low in sodium you should be fine. I just need someone to test this out or confirm it though.

@pneumocystosis ?

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis
Around 1500mg of sodium or even less (max 2300mg) should be fine if you stay close to that 4:1 potassium ratio. I don’t see any benefit in eating more potassium AND sodium, if you just stay in the ideal ratio and don’t go to low in sodium you should be fine. I just need someone to test this out or confirm it though.

@pneumocystosis ?
back when i was experimenting with this, i would be on <500mg sodium a day to stay debloated. However, when i did this, i never really looked at my potassium intake, and didn't care to opt for potassium-rich foods.

When I implemented the 4:1 potassium/sodium rule, I could safely go up to 1000mg of sodium a day without bloat. I didn't try to go higher, to be honest.

But the best way to avoid bloat (for me), was to go low on water intake. Ever since I have been drinking approx. 1L of water a day with high caffeine-concentration (50+mg/100ml) drinks, bloat has never been too much of a worry.

Don't go lower than 1L a day, otherwise Anti-Diuretic Hormone will bloat you.

Conclusion: stop drinking so much fucking water

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: kiyopon, Tr0ubLe, chadintraining and 3 others
back when i was experimenting with this, i would be on <500mg sodium a day to stay debloated. However, when i did this, i never really looked at my potassium intake, and didn't care to opt for potassium-rich foods.

When I implemented the 4:1 potassium/sodium rule, I could safely go up to 1000mg of sodium a day without bloat. I didn't try to go higher, to be honest.

But the best way to avoid bloat (for me), was to go low on water intake. Ever since I have been drinking approx. 1L of water a day with high caffeine-concentration (50+mg/100ml) drinks, bloat has never been too much of a worry.

When's the filler thread dropping boyo

You could probably go higher, but this needs to be experimented with

Does it really matter tho when you got furosemide

I’m aware that the most important thing is your sodium to potassium ratio (ideally 4:1 potassium to sodium) but I’ve heard that there’s a point of having too much sodium that will bloat you regardless of your potassium, what is that number? I’ve seen 1000mg, 1500mg, 500mg, any consensus?

@pneumocystosis
any will bloat u. Add testosterone in the quation and it mulitplies it worse. Stick to low dosium diet a little bit shouldnt bloat u to bad.

Like drinking 3 plus litres a day?
If you're already drinking 2L+ water everyday consistently for a while. U don't have to do this shit. I like to drink however much I can without needing to piss constantly. Or feeling dehydrated all day. This is around 2-3L. When I drink lower, I just get bloated, yes I lose some water weight, but the retention in my face increases lol.

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe
If you're already drinking 2L+ water everyday consistently for a while. U don't have to do this shit. I like to drink however much I can without needing to piss constantly. Or feeling dehydrated all day. This is around 2-3L. When I drink lower, I just get bloated, yes I lose some water weight, but the retention in my face increases lol.
Yeah over drinking water is better than drinking less water health wise. Both work but back when I drank a shitton I had glowy skin and a nice debloat all day

• +1
Reactions: amokzy
Yeah over drinking water is better than drinking less water health wise. Both work but back when I drank a shitton I had glowy skin and a nice debloat all day
I’ve been drinking 4L and sometimes it leaves me bloated as fuck despite taking in a lot of potassium and no sodium, I think the sweet spot is 3L

I’ve been drinking 4L and sometimes it leaves me bloated as fuck despite taking in a lot of potassium and no sodium, I think the sweet spot is 3L
I noticed that u need to sip them throughout the day. Chugging it up will bloat tf out of u