How recessed am I?

L

lost-obligation

Iron
Planning on getting DJS and have a consultation booked and just got a CBCT. Don’t know how to read it and pulled the cephs myself from the CBCT using free software so the images probably aren’t optimal. Just curious

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 4.31.45 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 4.31.45 PM.png
    226.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Image 4-29-24 at 5.04 PM.jpeg
    Image 4-29-24 at 5.04 PM.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Image 4-29-24 at 5.20 PM.jpeg
    Image 4-29-24 at 5.20 PM.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Image 4-29-24 at 5.20 PM (1).jpeg
    Image 4-29-24 at 5.20 PM (1).jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 0
not much but get rhino holy
I am getting rhino but just a slight change. My nose actually does not look as bad as the x ray in real life (yes i know its still not ideal)

Attachments

• IMG_1878.png
    IMG_1878.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Gerardwayfan
do you have sleep apnea or any airway issues?
Don’t have sleep apnea. I have some very minor breathing issues because of my allergies and asthma but nothing too noticeable from the jaw. Does it look like I could have some based on the x rays? Because if I could get it covered by insurance that would be amazing

show front profile rq your side prof gives off unique nyc model pheno

show front profile rq your side prof gives off unique nyc model pheno
Yeah I’m also 6’4” and I’ve been told by a couple people that I look like a model or should model. But nah I look good in motion (these are screenshots from videos) but most photos turn out average-below average

Attachments

• IMG_1880.png
    IMG_1880.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1881.jpeg
    IMG_1881.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1882.png
    IMG_1882.png
    8.5 MB · Views: 0
you're MTN-HTN but 6'4" means you automatically have high SMV, go out and slay tf

i don't think bimax is worth it for you at all if you don't have any airway or sleeping issues, just get the rhinoplasty and u should be good. insurance will not cover this if you don't have any airway issues, you will likely have to pay out of pocket.

truth be told i think this forum recommends bimax way too much - they underestimate the recovery, complications, and risks. it's not some filler op you get on a whim this is invasive surgery which requires u to be put under general anesthesia and a few days in the hospital to even recover from the trauma inflicted on ur skull.

you don't look recessed to me and you have no airway issues so i don't think it is worth it at all

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: yadachad, LateBloomer, vzidel and 1 other person
Yeah I’m also 6’4” and I’ve been told by a couple people that I look like a model or should model. But nah I look good in motion (these are screenshots from videos) but most photos turn out average-below average
dude you look good.
at least high MTN - low HTN log off this site and slay outside

• +1
Reactions: yadachad