How smart is going into the military directly after highschool?

PYT

PYT

it’s easy to despise what you cannot have
Title the benefits sound good and I can study hopefully while I do my shit

• JFL
Reactions: reaper2 and Madhate
Title the benefits sound good and I can study hopefully while I do my shit
why do you think its better than just going straight to uni

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab and PYT
why do you think its better than just going straight to uni
Imma be wage slaving for like 18 an hour 40 hours a week as a civilian for 29k after taxes.

^
(This is assuming I'd get hired at a post office which pays the most for the least experience. I could try for a 75% reduction scholarship but my SAT has to be a score of 1210.

I don't plan on using that free military college benefit for myself maybe for my kids or little brother, the college path I want to take is pretty cheap. 2 years in community college and then I transfer to cheap instate public university)

I could make that same money with Military benefits and shit. I think it'd be good for my discipline as well.

Last edited:
probably a good idea, unless you die, then it was a bad idea

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zura, Deleted member 28896, PYT and 6 others
It's better to do rotc in college and jump straight to commissioned officer once u enlist

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab, Deleted member 28896, PYT and 1 other person
You'll also have to commit 4 years of active duty, I recommend to join the national guard them enroll in a 4 year university. You take the summer/one semester for training, then once a month for 8 years. The benefits for both are not worth it maybe for paying off public university, but CC is risky over 4 year in terms of graduating and classes, I highly recommend 4 years public since tuition will be paid off

• +1
Reactions: PYT
Probably not the best time to join right now tbh unless you want to deploy. The benefits are worth it though, also if you could get a clearance that'll make it a lot easier to land a job on the civilian side

• +1
Why would you want to fight and potentially die or lose limbs for Jewish bankers who don't give a single fuck about you?

• +1
dont die or get wounded or any shit like that

• +1
Depends on the job you get. Pay is the same so make sure you pick one that is chill and/or has transferrable skills. Also, try to get stationed near a hospital with a plastic surgery residency program and you’ll be able to sugerymaxx for free (they have to stay current on their skills during peace time so when they go to war with China they can ascend guys who got their face blown up.)

Last edited:
  • +1
Probably not the best time to join right now tbh unless you want to deploy. The benefits are worth it though, also if you could get a clearance that'll make it a lot easier to land a job on the civilian side
big army guys don’t deploy anymore

unless you consider qatar or korea a deployment

• +1
do rotc

you’ll have more potential connections to make while you’re in so when you get out have more options

i did 20 years so ask me anything

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 31155, PYT and Deleted member 18522
Don't fight in these normies/elites wars.

• +1
Reactions: wowamat and PYT
do rotc

you’ll have more potential connections to make while you’re in so when you get out have more options

ROTC is in college right? Someone else told me to apply after ROTC so I can enlist as an officer off rip

What branch did you serve? Was it straight out of highschool

@Jacob Hate
What about you? Was it worth it? And do they let you bring things in? Would I be able to bring in my derminator?

You'll also have to commit 4 years of active duty, I recommend to join the national guard them enroll in a 4 year university. You take the summer/one semester for training, then once a month for 8 years. The benefits for both are not worth it maybe for paying off public university, but CC is risky over 4 year in terms of graduating and classes, I highly recommend 4 years public since tuition will be paid off
Wdym CC is risky? I was informed I can do CC for two years and then transfer to a public to significantly lower my costs. And that CC is way easier

I can try and get a 75% scholarship but it's my last year so I'm gonna have to spam ACTS and SATS I need a 31 and a 1210 minimum before May. My only SAT is 1010

I'm really just trying to minimize my costs for the future, I gotta study before the SAT cause I'm ass at math I'll get started this weekend

do rotc

If I go in an e3 how many rank promotions can I get in 4 years?

Any tips to get my sergeant to promote me more?

How good is getting a top secret clearance for the civilian side of things?

Last edited:
If I go in an e3 how many rank promotions can I get in 4 years?

Any tips to get my sergeant to promote me more?

How good is getting a top secret clearance for the civilian side of things?
you’ll be sergeant at end of 4 years

top secret is really good. can easily pivot into contracting or civ gov jobs

• +1
Reactions: Informationcapitali
you’ll be sergeant at end of 4 years

top secret is really good. can easily pivot into contracting or civ gov jobs
Which sergeant there's a billion ones?

Average pay for attainable civilian jobs without a degree straight out of military?

How can I network in the military?

• +1
Which sergeant there's a billion ones?

Average pay for attainable civilian jobs without a degree straight out of military?

How can I network in the military?
The lowest level sergeant which is just sergeant