How to control cortisol spikes after the gym?

J

johnsmithcel

Diamond
Every time I come back from the gym, I feel anxious as fuck. Like I drank 4 cups of coffee. My heart is racing, I overthink everything and I hate myself. I take ashwagandha now which only helps a small bit.
Is there anything else I can do? Someone told me that your cortisol starts to spike after training 45 mins, but I can't really reduce my workout to that. I spend like an hour and 20 mins in the gym because I only go 4 times a week.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
you have to desensitize your cortisol receptors

I took ice baths three days a week, for a month. Each bath was 10 to 20 minutes, i felt like i was about to die when I would get out and my balls would actually look red as a plum, but after a hot shower I would feel totally numb, nothing except pure bliss. After that, working out does nothing to my cortisol. you just get in, work out quick, then get out. Working out just feels like bliss after to me. Never had anxiety after. You need to use some test supplements, i reccomend straight bull balls. its called orchic extract.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, GalacticHero and johnsmithcel
Every time I come back from the gym, I feel anxious as fuck. Like I drank 4 cups of coffee. My heart is racing, I overthink everything and I hate myself. I take ashwagandha now which only helps a small bit.
Is there anything else I can do? Someone told me that your cortisol starts to spike after training 45 mins, but I can't really reduce my workout to that. I spend like an hour and 20 mins in the gym because I only go 4 times a week.
Spend more time in resting between sets and deep breathing slightly helps but cortisol spikes from exercise is what you cannot escape

• +1
Reactions: johnsmithcel
Orange juice ,time between sets ,salt , low dose clonidine, lots of sleep , magnesium glycinate, l theanine , some sugary dessert or drink.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, GalacticHero and johnsmithcel
do a warmdown bro especially if you do crazy high intensity of course youre gonna feel fucking anxious going from mad stress on the body to just chillin

• +1
Cortisol doesn’t raise your heart rate and make you feel anxious. Adrenaline does and adrenaline is necessary for lipolysis. Cortisol can be triggered by chronic anxiety, and all it does is release glucose into blood stream from muscle glycogen, and chronically elevated cortisol can convert this the sugars into fat and make you obese.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, BrahminBoss and johnsmithcel
eat carbs

• +1
Orange juice ,time between sets ,salt , low dose clonidine, lots of sleep , magnesium glycinate, l theanine , some sugary dessert or drink.
Stfu ray peat coper

• Woah
Cortisol doesn’t raise your heart rate and make you feel anxious. Adrenaline does and adrenaline is necessary for lipolysis. Cortisol can be triggered by chronic anxiety, and all it does is release glucose into blood stream from muscle glycogen, and chronically elevated cortisol can convert this the sugars into fat and make you obese.
Cortisol does make you feel anxious . It depends on the amount of cortisol, high cortisol can also cause bone degeneration and obesity over time ( Cushing’s syndrome)

• +1
Cortisol does make you feel anxious . It depends on the amount of cortisol, high cortisol can also cause bone degeneration and obesity over time ( Cushing’s syndrome)
I think you are confusing cause and effect, chronic stress/ non acute stress triggers cortisol to be released, not release of cortisol causing stress. Yes, chronic hyper cortisol causes obesity. But, op was describing increased heart rate and anxiety coming from acute norepinephrine’s effect, and he might be new to working out or taking some pre workout with high caffeine causing hyper adrenaline, which will wade off if he takes off the triggers, but adrenaline in itself is not bad, it’s necessary for fat loss.

• +1
Reactions: johnsmithcel and BrahminBoss
I think you are confusing cause and effect, chronic stress/ non acute stress triggers cortisol to be released, not release of cortisol causing stress. Yes, chronic hyper cortisol causes obesity. But, op was describing increased heart rate and anxiety coming from acute norepinephrine’s effect, and he might be new to working out or taking some pre workout with high caffeine causing hyper adrenaline, which will wade off if he takes off the triggers, but adrenaline in itself is not bad, it’s necessary for fat loss.
I wasn’t referring to OP , I was referring to your post claiming cortisol does not contribute to anxiety. Adrenaline triggers fight or flight and can thus increase energy output in the short term but when chronically elevated it too has the same effects as cortisol such as fat storage , insomnia etc. Cortisol and adrenaline often work in tandem adrenaline triggers energy output and if there’s not enough glycogen stored in the liver cortisol causes muscle breakdown to increase blood sugar.

I wasn’t referring to OP , I was referring to your post claiming cortisol does not contribute to anxiety. Adrenaline triggers fight or flight and can thus increase energy output in the short term but when chronically elevated it too has the same effects as cortisol such as fat storage , insomnia etc. Cortisol and adrenaline often work in tandem adrenaline triggers energy output and if there’s not enough glycogen stored in the liver cortisol causes muscle breakdown to increase blood sugar.
Again, chronic anxiety causes cortisol release but cortisol release does not cause anxiety. Cortisol only causes increase blood sugar, which when happens for prolonged period triggers fat storage. You are confusing and reversing cause and effect.

• Hmm...
Again, chronic anxiety causes cortisol release but cortisol release does not cause anxiety. Cortisol only causes increase blood sugar, which when happens for prolonged period triggers fat storage. You are confusing and reversing cause and effect.
You are talking in circles. Chronic adrenaline causes elevated cortisol and elevated cortisol causes adrenaline to spike . They don’t work in isolation, and cortisol has some anxiety inducing effects on its own- it’s not a benign hormone.

There is better ways to lower it as ray himself says

• +1