How to get rid of dandruff

lslt0ver

lslt0ver

Bronze
Many people have dandruff whether it's genetic or must here's how to minimize/get rid of it

1. Ketoconazole shampoo: Ketoconazole shampoo is very good at treating dandruff flaking, scaling, and itching, flaking. Not only is it good at treating dandruff, but it can also slow down hair loss, and very so rarely stop it. It it available OTC, but if you want a stronger dose go to a dermatologist
IMG 1652

2. Home remedies: These are some home remedies that people have used to treat their dandruff:

Aloe Vera: Rub some into your scalp before shampooing.

Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix it with a portion of water equal to the volume of the apple cider vinegar leave it in hair for 15 minutes than rinse.

Aspirin: Crush some aspirin mix it with your shampoo, and shampoo how you would normally.

Coconut Oil Put a couple of table spoons in your hair then rinse with shampoo 30-60 minutes later.

Baking soda: Wet your hair put some baking soda on it then wait 2-3 minutes to rinse.

Lemon juice: Rub 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into your scalp, let it sit for 3-5 minutes, then rinse. Follow that by mixing another teaspoon of lemon juice mixed with 1 cup of water and pouring it over your scalp.

Olive oil: Put Several drops of olive oil before you go to bed put on something covering your head preferably a shower cap, and then shampoo your hair in the morning.

3. Ketoconazole Alternatives:

Coal tar preparations

Pyrithione zinc

Salicyic acid

Tea tree oil

Selenium sulfide
(PS: Some of these arent 100 percent researched use on your own behalf. Before use do your own research to figure out if people have seen results)

4. Scalp Massager: Use this with one of the shampoos i've suggested and you'll do a better job cleaning all of your scalp.
IMG 1653

5. Sources: Only one I used https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/understanding-dandruff-treatment

(PS this is the first informative thread i've made give me backlash whether negative or positive)

• Hmm...
Reactions: Krakowski
edging stopped my dandruff

• +1
Reactions: lslt0ver
Many people have dandruff whether it's genetic or must here's how to minimize/get rid of it

1. Ketoconazole shampoo: Ketoconazole shampoo is very good at treating dandruff flaking, scaling, and itching, flaking. Not only is it good at treating dandruff, but it can also slow down hair loss, and very so rarely stop it. It it available OTC, but if you want a stronger dose go to a dermatologist View attachment 2517035

2. Home remedies: These are some home remedies that people have used to treat their dandruff:

Aloe Vera: Rub some into your scalp before shampooing.

Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix it with a portion of water equal to the volume of the apple cider vinegar leave it in hair for 15 minutes than rinse.

Aspirin: Crush some aspirin mix it with your shampoo, and shampoo how you would normally.

Coconut Oil Put a couple of table spoons in your hair then rinse with shampoo 30-60 minutes later.

Baking soda: Wet your hair put some baking soda on it then wait 2-3 minutes to rinse.

Lemon juice: Rub 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into your scalp, let it sit for 3-5 minutes, then rinse. Follow that by mixing another teaspoon of lemon juice mixed with 1 cup of water and pouring it over your scalp.

Olive oil: Put Several drops of olive oil before you go to bed put on something covering your head preferably a shower cap, and then shampoo your hair in the morning.

3. Ketoconazole Alternatives:

Coal tar preparations

Pyrithione zinc

Salicyic acid

Tea tree oil

Selenium sulfide
(PS: Some of these arent 100 percent researched use on your own behalf. Before use do your own research to figure out if people have seen results)

4. Scalp Massager: Use this with one of the shampoos i've suggested and you'll do a better job cleaning all of your scalp.
View attachment 2517061

5. Sources: Only one I used https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/understanding-dandruff-treatment

(PS this is the first informative thread i've made give me backlash whether negative or positive)
Isn't there a risk that a scalp massager would only make things worse by scratching the scalp making more dandruff coming up?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 62821
Isn't there a risk that a scalp massager would only make things worse by scratching the scalp making more dandruff coming up?
I guess but that's usually when you don't use a scalp massager with shampoo. Typically if you wash it off with shampoo the rest of the dandruff should be washed of as well.

buzz

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
Eat healthy, use soap once a week at max, and use a lot of moisturizer on your hair for the first week. You're welcome.

ive use a lot of stuff and nothing helped it gets better for some time and after that comes back

Mine is chronic/genetic. Used nizoral for a couple months and it just comes back regardless after a while.