How to lose fat / lose weight simply (15 pounds in under 3 weeks)

D

dkalyi

Iron
How to lose weight / fat simply

This is all pretty much common knowledge but condensed to what actually matters as well as some details and reasoning for why our body is the way that it is so you too can have hollow cheeks like Jordan Barret

Here's how I lost 15 pounds in under 3 weeks with just dieting.
The first 4 days I lost 7 pounds which was mostly water weight.
Then every day after that I would lose around half a pound.

I want to start by saying I have never been fat, always have been skinny but wanted to burn off whatever little fat I had on my face and stomach, and i wouldn't know if there's actually more of a struggle (I doubt it). I did not exercise either though and that absolutely would help. I basically starvemaxxed using intermittent fasting.

How burning fat works
You need to understand that losing fat is entirely about the difference in the amount of calories you intake and the amount your body uses in a day. You need to eat less calories than your body uses. It's that simple, no more stupid excuses.

According to the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the recommended calorie intake for adult men ranges from 2,200 to 3,200 calories per day
A male body uses around 2,600 calories a day (this is the maintenance number) so you need to eat less than that, (if you're average), otherwise if you're lazy and don't move at all your max will probably be 2,000.

If you eat 1,000 calories a day and your body needs to use 2,500, you are in a deficit of 1,500 calories and your body will burn fat to make up for it and reach your maintenance number.

A pound of fat is 3,500 calories. So if you are in a deficit of 1,500 a day then you are going to lose almost ½ a pound of fat a day.

Targeting areas of fat
As sad as it is, YOU CAN'T. And the worst part is your stomach fat will be the last to go. Your body stores fat in places where it can protect you. Your torso holding all your vital organs is going to be the number one priority. Meaning it will try to keep that fat there as long as possible. That's why there are people with bulging stomachs hanging out of their shirts but have skinny arms and legs.
Stay consistent and you will lose fat all throughout.

What I did
Intermittent fasting. University of Michigan, Michigan Medicine, says that “Fat burning typically begins after approximately 12 hours of fasting and escalates between 16 and 24 hours of fasting.” This is why I chose to do this.

I would only eat from 3pm to 9pm, then fast for the remaining 18 hours.

In the time that I am eating I keep track of all calories. I wasn't very strict on myself but my goal was around 1000 calories a day and I succeeded in doing so every day.
In the time that I am fasting the only thing going down my throat is water. You'll see that other drinks are a source for a major amount of calories that are just unnecessary.

Someone also has recommended that if you have a soda addiction, try Bubly Sparkling Water. 0 calories.

I also used this as an excuse to eat healthier. Completely cut out fast food, no soda or juice, and ate more fruits and vegetables. Even when you're eating fruits and vegetables you need to keep track of the calories, they add up.
Also take your vitamins.

You may think it is too difficult and turn away but it does get easier and quick. I don't feel discomfort or pain when I'm hungry anymore. Pain is in your head. It may sound crazy but it's just a signal to your brain to warn you of possible damage and to stop you from hurting yourself more. I'm not telling you to starve yourself for days at a time, you'll be fine.

FYI - When your stomach is making all those funky noises, it does not mean you absolutely need to eat. Your stomach is always churning and squeezing itself to help digest food further. When your stomach is empty it will continue to do so but because there is nothing there to suppress it, it will rub against itself and that is what creates the noises.

Other diet option
If you think your stomach can't handle being empty or the nauseous feeling of being hungry, you don't have to do this. Nutritionist Dr. David Katz said that research found intermittent fasting and simply counting calories/portioning your meals to be smaller throughout the day has no discernible difference.
Choose what seems easier and more manageable for you. I find it easier to skip meals and eat somewhat normally when it is time to eat rather than to eat 3-4 “meals” a day that are very small and basically a snack.

Keep track
You're going to need a scale to weigh yourself or else you may think you're doing it right but making no progress at all. Every morning I would weigh myself when I wake up so I was in a similar state every time and then write down the number in your notes app.
This will make sure you're on track and will also be very motivating when you see that number dropping. If it goes up one day don't be alarmed. Maybe your scale is a little inaccurate, maybe you're full of shit and piss.

Side notes (may add more)​
Growth
Everyone says fasting as a teen or child will stunt your growth so you're gonna have much slower progress in losing weight since you'll have to eat closer to the maintenance number of calories, but I'm 6 '4 so I've grown enough.
Fatigue
People do claim to feel more tired and fatigued when on a diet. I personally felt very little to no difference at all. I would still go out with friends and play sports. I didn't feel my brain functioning worse than normally. Aside from maybe reaction time though that didn't matter.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: j05, jagmogs1000, InSplit and 4 others
@pneumocystosis

• JFL
Reactions: schizo echochamber, j05 and ElBastardo
interesting

weightloss thread #10282329
people who want to lose weight are going to lose weight and lazy fat fucks are going to stay fat
water + same copy and pasted information over and over again, literally everyone knows how intermittent fasting and calories work at this point

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: tyronemaximas, Detective, schizo echochamber and 3 others
While losing fat may be dependent on burning more calories than you consume, this won't guarantee that you'll get lean. For that, you have to burn more calories than you consume AND control your macronutrient ratios.

• +1
Reactions: dkalyi
nice first post mate high effort

1k calories is still bad

• Hmm...
Reactions: InSplit
just dont eat like a pig... water

• +1
Reactions: LevantinePsycho