Hyperpigmentation: Kojic Acid x Niacinamide x Vitamin C?

H

Htrtt

Silver
Which one should work better for dark spots and hyperpigmentation? If I can buy just one

hydroquinone

• +1
Reactions: RTLBbc
HYROQUINONE others are just placebo cope

4% hydroquinone > 20% azelaic acid > 2% hydroquinone >>> 15% azelaic acid >>>>>> everything else

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Skywalker and Tai Lung
15 percent azelaic mogs 2 percent hydro
maybe in overall terms if u take into account side effects and everything but if all u want is skin whitening i think HQ is better

• +1
Reactions: JeromeMorrow
maybe in overall terms if u take into account side effects and everything but if all u want is skin whitening i think HQ is better
hq’s rebound effect for skin whitening is far too bad for it to be recommended. People end up way darker than they were before using it

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: JeromeMorrow, RTLBbc, Htrtt and 2 others
so you think 20 percent azelaic is better than 2 percent hydro for removing tan and hyperpigmentation?

4% hydroquinone > 20% azelaic acid > 2% hydroquinone >>> 15% azelaic acid >>>>>> everything else
How do u explain that

IMG 1668
IMG 1669

hq’s rebound effect for skin whitening is far too bad for it to be recommended. People end up way darker than they were before using it
Hydroquinone is not for me then, this happened with Tretinoin, skin get much darker, my skin is very melanic and pigmented in dark tone.

• +1
Reactions: JeromeMorrow and becomingnearperfect
Hydroquinone is not for me then, this happened with Tretinoin, skin get much darker, my skin is very melanic and pigmented in dark tone.
Im using tretinoin rn and i didnt know that this happened. How long did you use it for?

What about retinol?

nice source bro. also thats
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
SEVEN.
only thing that had a significant effect there would be the tretinoin IMO.
products used to fix hyperpigmentation when one could have done it lmfaoo. TXA is usefull for scarring but when it comes to hyperpigemtnation it is not as good as AA or HQ. Oral TXA can be used after HQ and AA fail.

Kojic acid shite compared to the above:

Topical agentStudy groupStudy typeOutcome/sReferences
Hydroquinone (4%)30 melasma patients with skin types III-VA double-blind, randomized, prospective studyImprovement in hyperpigmentation in 76.9% patients treated with 4% topical hydroquinone as compared to placebo, adverse effects such as itching and eruptions reported in 25% of patients(Haddad et al., 2003)
Arbutin (3%)50 Caucasian and dark-skinned patients with solar lentiginesA paired comparison, vehicle-controlled, double-blind studyEffective in treating solar lentigines in patients with lighter skin but failed to show therapeutic response in darker-skinned individuals(Boissy et al., 2005)
Tretinoin (0.1%)40 Caucasian patientsA randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled studyMore effective against photoaging-related hyperpigmentation in dark-skinned patients as compared to vehicle but reported retinoid dermatitis as a side effect(Weiss et al., 1988)
Azelaic Acid (20%)155 patients of Indo-Malay and Hispanic originA randomized double-blind study20% azelaic acid cream found to be more effective than 2% hydroquinone cream against hyperpigmentation(Verallo-Rowell et al.,1989).
Azelaic Acid (20%)329 female patientsA randomized double-blind study20% azelaic acid cream found to be equally effective as 4% hydroquinone cream against hyperpigmentation(Baliña & Graupe, 1991)
Niacinamide (5%)18 Japanese women with multiple types of brown pigmentationA randomized split-face double-blind paired design studySignificant decrease in facial hyperpigmentation spots in the patients as compared to vehicle(Hakozaki et al., 2002)
Fluocinolone acetonide (0.01%), Hydroquinone (4%), Tretinoin (0.05%)228 patients with facial melasmaA long-term, multicenter, open-label, 12-month studyMelasma either completely or mostly cleared in more than 90% patients, no notable safety concerns(Torok

Evidence for niacinamid is much less then AA and HQ too and other treatments that ACTUALLY WORK.

You can do your cope stuff if you want and waste alot of money and cry when it dosent work, or maybe it will work but it will take much longer and will never work as well as anything else

Attachments

• 1706036200251.png
    1706036200251.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
nice source bro. also thats
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
SEVEN.
only thing that had a significant effect there would be the tretinoin IMO.
products used to fix hyperpigmentation when one could have done it lmfaoo. TXA is usefull for scarring but when it comes to hyperpigemtnation it is not as good as AA or HQ. Oral TXA can be used after HQ and AA fail.

View attachment 2696093
View attachment 2696100
View attachment 2696095

Kojic acid shite compared to the above:
View attachment 2696098

Topical agentStudy groupStudy typeOutcome/sReferences
Hydroquinone (4%)30 melasma patients with skin types III-VA double-blind, randomized, prospective studyImprovement in hyperpigmentation in 76.9% patients treated with 4% topical hydroquinone as compared to placebo, adverse effects such as itching and eruptions reported in 25% of patients(Haddad et al., 2003)
Arbutin (3%)50 Caucasian and dark-skinned patients with solar lentiginesA paired comparison, vehicle-controlled, double-blind studyEffective in treating solar lentigines in patients with lighter skin but failed to show therapeutic response in darker-skinned individuals(Boissy et al., 2005)
Tretinoin (0.1%)40 Caucasian patientsA randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled studyMore effective against photoaging-related hyperpigmentation in dark-skinned patients as compared to vehicle but reported retinoid dermatitis as a side effect(Weiss et al., 1988)
Azelaic Acid (20%)155 patients of Indo-Malay and Hispanic originA randomized double-blind study20% azelaic acid cream found to be more effective than 2% hydroquinone cream against hyperpigmentation(Verallo-Rowell et al.,1989).
Azelaic Acid (20%)329 female patientsA randomized double-blind study20% azelaic acid cream found to be equally effective as 4% hydroquinone cream against hyperpigmentation(Baliña & Graupe, 1991)
Niacinamide (5%)18 Japanese women with multiple types of brown pigmentationA randomized split-face double-blind paired design studySignificant decrease in facial hyperpigmentation spots in the patients as compared to vehicle(Hakozaki et al., 2002)
Fluocinolone acetonide (0.01%), Hydroquinone (4%), Tretinoin (0.05%)228 patients with facial melasmaA long-term, multicenter, open-label, 12-month studyMelasma either completely or mostly cleared in more than 90% patients, no notable safety concerns(Torok

Evidence for niacinamid is much less then AA and HQ too and other treatments that ACTUALLY WORK.

You can do your cope stuff if you want and waste alot of money and cry when it dosent work, or maybe it will work but it will take much longer and will never work as well as anything else
Ok, HQ it really works, but it has very high risks. If you stop using it, your skin will get worse later, it's not worth it. Besides, you can't even put it near the eye area, I have melasma marks there. Azelaic acid is a thousand times better for this reason

• +1
Reactions: becomingnearperfect
one should work better for dark spots and hyperpigmentation? If I can buy just
Ok, HQ it really works, but it has very high risks. If you stop using it, your skin will get worse later, it's not worth it. Besides, you can't even put it near the eye area, I have melasma marks there. Azelaic acid is a thousand times better for this reason
hello i got suntan should i use hq or use azelaic acid

tazarotene will have all hyperpigmentation gone in one year of consistent use