I am forever grateful I was the “laziest and most stubborn” patient my orthodontist ever had

OnlyWs

OnlyWs

Bronze
My orthodontist started off in a chipper mood with me. A real Mr. Rippley nice-guy vibe. Selling me and my parents about the wonderful idea of my soon to be straight teeth

But slowly but surely my laziness broke his spirit. I barely wore the elastics, constantly annoyed him to take the braces off, didn’t do any of the nighttime shit he recommended and wore my retainers for 2 weeks and never after that.

As the months and years rolled by he smiled less to me, his tone of voice grew angrier and his suggestions sterner.

But I remained steadfast in my complete lack of interest in changing my teeth and desire to have the braces removed.

He tried to out wait me. To get me to comply with bribes they’d be removed in 6 months if I just listened to him. Each time kicking the can down the road when little change happened.

But my laziness prevailed.

And eventually after 3 long years, I succeeded in breaking his spirit sufficiently that he took off his faux nice-guy mask and called me “the laziest and most stubborn patient he ever had” along with my braces 😁 while my teeth were clearly not in the retracted position he had “envisioned”.

Today, with the help of teeth whitening and bonding, I have straighter and nicer looking teeth than 95% of people.

And most importantly, my jaw isn’t cucked.

Last edited:
Some ppl r good at coping

• +1
Reactions: kebab
Same
I never wore my retainers and i wore those elastics once and that whas it.
They said it was impossible to work with me and had 3 orthodontist women screaming in my face. I

scheduled appointments but never showed up and when i did I didn’t even wash my teeth and they send me home to wash my teeth and return, but i never returned from that last visit they told met to wash my teeth

I jaw mog 99,99 off the male population and my teeth didn’t even shift a bit