I can't get back the last 5 years, but I'm going to make the next years better, goodbye Reddit.

Jamal2222

Jamal2222

ALL POSTS MADE BY THIS IP/ACCOUNT ARE SATIRE
I can't get back the last 5 years, but I'm going to make the next years better, goodbye Reddit.

I'm almost 25, 5 years ago I said I would kill myself if I was still a virgin who never had a girlfriend (or I'd pay a sex worker). I didn't really mean the suicide part, but I'm also not comfortable jumping on the sex worker thing now. It's OK if it happens in the second part of my 20s, but I'm not just going to do nothing and wait "Maybe it'll happen ONE DAY". I see too much of that attitude on Reddit, and that's the more positive attitude.

I don't go near the incel subreddits, they're all toxic and just pull each other down, but even the virgin subreddit has a lot of hopelessness (I'm a 40 or 50 year old virgin because I'm ugly!) Yeah right, like you're so ugly that you couldn't get laid or get a partner for that many years, it's other issues than your looks, no offense or anything, just saying it's other issues (which I have too, insecurity, anxiety, PTSD, etc.)

I've even had some girls/women attracted to me, hell I almost had sex with a female friend one time, I just wussed out. I don't have to be a virgin who's never had a girlfriend for the rest of my 20s, definitely not the rest of my life, I have proof that I'm attractive to some women FFS!

But that shouldn't be my focus right now. My focus needs to be becoming financially independent, and I am trying to get into "retail arbitrage", particularly buying and reselling shoes for profit, it's actually a big market. I already got told "You're going to need your shoes when you end up homeless!" Some idiot thought I was just going to sell my old shoes. But there's ALWAYS haters who just try to put you down and discourage you, the world is FULL of people like that, and I'm no longer giving them the power to dictate my life.

As for this being a risky business idea, literally everything in life is a risk. You won't get ANYWHERE in life without taking risks. Besides, I should be able to return the shoes or other items for my full money back if they don't sell. But I don't like even thinking that, because it's planning for failure. I'm already 25 FFS, I gotta get SOMETHING going for me.

I missed out on those precious young 20s, and teens, due to my life circumstances, but there's still 5 more, and a lot of people say 30s are better anyway.

And while this is kind of far out there, in 30-40 years age reversing/slowing treatment may be possible, and since it'll probably be expensive (even if the US has true Universal Healthcare by then, I doubt the government would allocate taxdollars for something like this, which hosts an entire number of it's own ethical issues that warrants it's own discussion) if I have grown into a millionaire (won't happen if I don't make the effort, right? Maybe I don't even need to be a millionaire for that) I will most likely be able to afford it, and then I can live my life that I missed out on! If not, I can have at least enjoyed the rest I have, including while I'm still relatively young.

Reddit has a HUGE variety of subreddits, many are positive, so it's unfair to say that Reddit is completely toxic, but the toxic subreddits are loud, and they're the ones I found my way to.

I might fail, I hate to even think that, because virtually everyone figures SOMETHING out, I suppose I will too if I try, but I really want it to be this, self-employed selling stuff, I can always pursue other ventures if I'm making good money (I read an article about somebody earning over $10,000 a month just buying and reselling shoes!) but I'll DEFINITELY fail if I don't even try.

I failed my vow for years 20-24, but I still have 25-29, and 30 and beyond.

Social media is SO TOXIC for everyone, but it CAN be used for the greater good, such as building businesses.

I also don't see why I have to put off attempting sex/relationships until I've established myself fully financially, no reason we can't do these things along the way, the vast majority of people do. I can at the VERY least, be open to opportunities showing up, but I can also get on Tinder, other sites/apps, maybe even go to bars at this point (I don't even have to drink myself). My point is, life is about the JOURNEY, not the destination.

You can go on side quests while on the main quest, if that's a good analogy.

Obviously I NEED the Internet, especially for my venture, but I don't need to visit the toxic forums.

I hesitated even making a final post, but decided to do so.

I may make one final post, to ask how to permanently delete my account, because I'm stupid LOL

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser and Deleted member 9380
reddits me

• Love it
Reactions: oldcelloser
Ok

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3 and Deleted member 9380