[Theory] ideal facial ratios & proportions

SexuallyAbusive

SexuallyAbusive

Apprentice
facial width to height ratio (FWHR): 1.8-2.0
measured by dividing the bizygomatic width (distance from cheekbone to cheekbone) by the height of the lower part of the eyebrow to the upper lip.

midface ratio: 1.0
measured by dividing the interpupillary distance (distance between the centers of the pupils) by the height of the nasion to the upper lip. the closer to 1:1 this is, the better.

mouth to nose ratio: 1.5-1.62
measured by dividing the width of the mouth by the width of the nose.

lower to upper lip ratio: 1.62
measured by dividing the height of the lower lip to the upper lip.

chin to philtrum ratio: 2.0-2.25
measured by dividing the height of the chin to the height of the philtrum (distance between the upper lip to the lowest part of the nose).

forehead height: 3 fingers
measured by clenching your fingers together and seeing how many you can fit on your forehead horizontally before reaching your hairline.

AspiringChad

AspiringChad

Norwood cemetary / AUTISM
measured by dividing the bizygomatic width (distance from cheekbone to cheekbone) by the height of the lower part of the eyebrow to the upper lip.

measured by dividing the interpupillary distance (distance between the centers of the pupils) by the height of the nasion to the upper lip. the closer to 1:1 this is, the better.

measured by dividing the height of the chin to the height of the philtrum (distance between the upper lip to the lowest part of the nose).

measured by clenching your fingers together and seeing how many you can fit on your forehead horizontally before reaching your hairline.
Tfw ur forehead is like 5 fingers

M

mesr

Enthusiast
very legit. for midface its way better to be slightly compact than slightly long. i actually think the ideal ratio is like 1.02

3 fingers feels short for forehead. thats how big my forehead is and i always need to wear my hair up and give the illusion of more height

lower third ratio is also very important. almost all GL men have lower thirds as their longest third. 35-40% of total facial height is a good range.

Last edited:
Alarico8

Alarico8

Omniscient
very legit. for midface its way better to be slightly compact than slightly long. i actually think the ideal ratio is like 1.02

3 fingers feels short for forehead. thats how big my forehead is and i always need to wear my hair up and give the illusion of more height
1 or slightly above but below 1.1. Chico is 1, and he's the harmony king.

3 fingers probably is too little.

Also IPD should be 46-48% of bizygomatic.

CupOfCoffee

CupOfCoffee

IdentityCrisisCel
Almost 5 fingers fit on my forehead.

Gebirgscel

Gebirgscel

no doxxie
from my distorted pictures:
fwhr: 1,86
midface ratio: 1,07
mouth to nose: 1,32 (narrow jaw)
lower to upper lip ratio: 1,6
chin to philtrum ratio: 3,13 (wtf)
forehead: 4,5 fingers (jfl)

how do fix, boyos ?

my philtrum is okay, but my chin ?? never really realized it was too high

Last edited:
dotacel

dotacel

Horsefaced slavcel

how do fix, boyos ?

big chin looks dom usually

Thushespokeofit

Thushespokeofit

Banned
should stickey this, do you take the measurements from a mirror or camera? how should you take the pic to make sure lens distortion doesnt mess it up?

medialcanthuscel

medialcanthuscel

Wizard
If your face is not like this, It never began

SexuallyAbusive

SexuallyAbusive

Apprentice
should stickey this, do you take the measurements from a mirror or camera? how should you take the pic to make sure lens distortion doesnt mess it up?
measuring digitally from a photo has the advantage of being pixel perfect, with the downside of possible lens distortion. if you're using a camera make sure you take the shot from maybe around 6 feet away to reduce that possibility. mirror would definitely be more accurate if done properly from the right perspective using the right tools.

M

mesr

Enthusiast

how do fix, boyos ?

the philtrum measurement is base of nose to stomion. you probably measured to the top of the lip. 3.13 would be a disgustingly large jay leno tier chin

Last edited:
Gebirgscel

Gebirgscel

no doxxie
the philtrum measurement is base of nose to stomion. you probably measured to the top of the lip. 3.13 would be a disgustingly large jay leno tier chin
:feelsautistic: :feelsautistic: :feelsautistic: :feelsautistic:
thanks dude

Lorsss

Lorsss

earcel moderator

admins please put this in the sticky archive

Zeta ascended

Zeta ascended

MOG REAPER
Uh.......is it possible to have a mouth to nose ratio of .88..... I always did have a big nose:forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

SexuallyAbusive

SexuallyAbusive

Apprentice
Uh.......is it possible to have a mouth to nose ratio of .88..... I always did have a big nose:forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:
yes, if your mouth is narrower than your nose.

for anyone looking to widen their mouths to fit the ratio better, one non-surgical option would be to use mouth wideners (go figure)

also, here is a picture of another model who fits the mouth to nose ratio more ideally than o'pry. tim borrmanns mouth to nose ratio is measured at 1.613, closer to the golden ratio.

Last edited:
Zeta ascended

Zeta ascended

MOG REAPER

for anyone looking to widen their mouths to fit the ratio better, one non-surgical option would be to use mouth wideners (go figure)

also, here is a picture of another model who fits the mouth to nose ratio more ideally than o'pry
My nose is just really wide (I'm black btw). I asked for a morph of what I might look like with rhino to make my nose smaller and it looks like the ratio of the male model on the bottom. I will look into the palate expanders tho.

Pietrosiek

Pietrosiek

Low t ogre
fwhr 1.6
midface 0.93
mouth to nose 1
lips 1
chin to philtrum 1.41
4 fingers

Yeah i'm chad!

mido the slayer

mido the slayer

classic Romantic man that got lost in the darkness
Lorsss

Lorsss

earcel moderator
[very interestingQUOTE="SexuallyAbusive, post: 476453, member: 2125"]

also, here is a picture of another model who fits the mouth to nose ratio more ideally than o'pry. tim borrmanns mouth to nose ratio is measured at 1.613, closer to the golden ratio.

[/QUOTE]
very interesting, I think my mouth is averagely narrow so I will measure it and consider using that thing to widen my mouth

Viewing This Thread (Looksmaxers: 0, Bluepilled: 2)