If my ratios were Ideal as a kid, does that mean they would still be ideal as an adult?

NarrowBones

NarrowBones

Ogre rat twink
Ik there’s gonna be a few lifeless scum bags that will comment shit like “no it’s over” or “you have shit ratios” just know no one will laugh and I heard it 1000 times before.

Now moving on, a friend of mine measured my face when I was 14 years old, all my ratios were either ideal or close to ideal. Is it possible for ratios to get worse as we age or do they mostly stay the same past the age of 12. By ratios I mean esr, midface, fhwr, bigonial width ect

Im 19 right now, is it possible any of my major ratios changed at all since the age of 14?

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: scrunchables and sportsmogger
Please don’t comment if you aren’t super knowledgeable in this subject, so like 99% of you

@thecel

• +1
Reactions: thecel
@Orc

• +1
Reactions: thecel
it's unlikely that they will change much in raw measurements but perceived ratios never stop changing because they're affected by your body-fat, collagen and skin elasticity, even small factors like hair (old people tend to get bushier eyebrows and the hairline recedes) can affect it.

also you can have ideal ratios for everything and still be ugly if they don't harmonize with each-other, you can be failo'd by halos and halo'd by failos.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker
it's unlikely that they will change much in raw measurements but perceived ratios never stop changing because they're affected by your body-fat, collagen and skin elasticity, even small factors like hair (old people tend to get bushier eyebrows and the hairline recedes) can affect it.

also you can have ideal ratios for everything and still be ugly if they don't harmonize with each-other, you can be failo'd by halos and halo'd by failos.
How can they not harmonize if they are all ideal? Harmony is defined by how close they are to ideal. I think you mean features

I was chad as a child and ended up htn. Don't get your wisdom teeth removed and do all the softmaxxing you can while you're still this young (fitness, diet, skinmaxxing, mewing, etc.). I would estimate that 20% of your attractiveness can be influenced by lifestyle habits during puberty, the rest is all genetics

I was chad as a child and ended up htn. Don't get your wisdom teeth removed and do all the softmaxxing you can while you're still this young (fitness, diet, skinmaxxing, mewing, etc.). I would estimate that 20% of your attractiveness can be influenced by lifestyle habits during puberty, the rest is all genetics
I’m getting mine removed in a week. Nothing will happen

It can be expected for them to stay mostly the same as long as you're not doing anything that gigalooksmins and healthmins you. But sometimes anything goes during puberty growth

• +1
Reactions: sub5c3l
How can they not harmonize if they are all ideal? Are you stupid? Harmony is defined by how close they are to ideal. I think you mean features
the ideal range is wide enough for individual features to clash, and lots of minor variables that aren't accounted for can ruin your face i.e the shape of the eyebrows, or the tilt of the eyelid itself, even coloring affects how a feature is perceived i.e darker eyes make it harder to get away with low ipd.

the perfect face in theory isn't perfect in reality due to the amount if variables.

and a face that looks like shit on paper can be good-looking in reality.

• +1
Reactions: Axii
Please don’t comment if you aren’t super knowledgeable in this subject, so like 99% of you
your nose to mouth ratio can change and so can zygomatic to bigonial width can too

you never responded to my PM either faggot

• +1
Reactions: i_love_roosters and sub5c3l
the ideal range is wide enough for individual features to clash, and lots of minor variables that aren't accounted for can ruin your face i.e the shape of the eyebrows, or the tilt of the eyelid itself, even coloring affects how a feature is perceived i.e darker eyes make it harder to get away with low ipd.

the perfect face in theory isn't perfect in reality due to the amount if variables.
Not really, ratios only really hurt harmony when they deviate more than slightly, or when more than 2 deviate slightly

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: scrunchables
Not really, ratios only really hurt harmony when they deviat more than slightly
lmao why ask for opinions if ur just gonna disagree nigga

lmao why ask for opinions if ur just gonna disagree nigga
Bc that’s not even the question I’m asking, I didn’t ask about what hurts harmony, I’m asking if it changes past the age of 12

Not really, ratios only really hurt harmony when they deviat more than slightly
harmony is independent of ratios.

you can still have high facial harmony with shit ratios, or shit harmony with great ratios.

Also I need to do more research on this topic to be for sure whether or not it does have an impact, but I have heard that spinal alignment can impact facial symmetry.

So, let's say that you have really shit spinal alignment during puberty, and that continues to be the case for years. According to what I heard, there would definitely be some negative effects on ratios.

harmony is independent of ratios.

you can still have high facial harmony with shit ratios, or shit harmony with great ratios.
That’s not how it works, harmony is literally just ratios, everything can be broken down into ratios. Eye shape, nose, lips, eye brows, they all have ideal ratios

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: scrunchables
That’s not how it works, harmony is literally just ratios, everything can be broken down into ratios
lol ok, don't ask if you don't want the answer.

lol ok, don't ask if you don't want the answer.
That’s not what I asked, I asked if my ratios change as I age past 12, not what defines harmony