if you're forward thinking(high sentience) enough, it's impossible to enjoy life

radicalrationalist

radicalrationalist

Educator
since you will have foreseen and understood that everything leads up to your pitiful demise. nothing you do matters. people will cope with muh accomplishments, muh legacy, muh children and make that their goal in life to give it meaning, but even if any of that was possible, you will not be around to experience it. the more advanced cope from upper tier midwits like richard dawkins or carl sagan is to imagine reality before your conception, or any moment where you are not conscious, and consider that the equal to death. but never having gained consciousness is not the same as having it, being extremely high sentience, and losing it. it gives me a sinking feeling in my stomach.

the biggest cope is muh afterlife, nope, sorry, you had one chance at life, and you blew it. i truly pity all those people, the vast majority really, who didn't do anything but sit around and wageslave and mimic what everyone else is doing. but that's also irrational on my part, because once consciousness ceases to exist, all events and memories are equally nonconsequential.

most people just continually distract themselves, do drugs, play videogames, watch movies, etc, anything to avoid thinking about dying. most people are very shortsighted, especially when they're young they think they can put off thinking about it. but before you know it, your whole life's through and you're ready to die. then they have to be drugged up on morphine so they don't have a full on panic attack on their death bed. many such cases.

most people have never and will never think about death like high sentience people. some of them will have to be forced to think about it when they get a terminal diagnosis, but even then, their brains are still too short term oriented to fully understand the full implication.

i think about death on behalf of other people all the time, peopld who can't think about it themselves. old people who don't have much time left. they think 5 years is a lot of time. i also think about that bitcoin faggot hal finney, who was so scared of dying he cryogenically froze himself for the 0.00001% chance his consciousness might be recovered in the future.

:sick:

• +1
Reactions: rhinoplasty
since you will have foreseen and understood that everything leads up to your pitiful demise. nothing you do matters. people will cope with muh accomplishments, muh legacy, muh children and make that their goal in life to give it meaning, but even if any of that was possible, you will not be around to experience it. the more advanced cope from upper tier midwits like richard dawkins or carl sagan is to imagine reality before your conception, or any moment where you are not conscious, and consider that the equal to death. but never having gained consciousness is not the same as having it, being extremely high sentience, and losing it. it gives me a sinking feeling in my stomach.

the biggest cope is muh afterlife, nope, sorry, you had one chance at life, and you blew it. i truly pity all those people, the vast majority really, who didn't do anything but sit around and wageslave and mimic what everyone else is doing. but that's also irrational on my part, because once consciousness ceases to exist, all events and memories are equally nonconsequential.

most people just continually distract themselves, do drugs, play videogames, watch movies, etc, anything to avoid thinking about dying. most people are very shortsighted, especially when they're young they think they can put off thinking about it. but before you know it, your whole life's through and you're ready to die. then they have to be drugged up on morphine so they don't have a full on panic attack on their death bed. many such cases.

most people have never and will never think about death like high sentience people. some of them will have to be forced to think about it when they get a terminal diagnosis, but even then, their brains are still too short term oriented to fully understand the full implication.

i think about death on behalf of other people all the time, peopld who can't think about it themselves. old people who don't have much time left. they think 5 years is a lot of time. i also think about that bitcoin faggot hal finney, who was so scared of dying he cryogenically froze himself for the 0.00001% chance his consciousness might be recovered in the future.

:sick:

By sentience do you mean autism?

• JFL
Reactions: mayo mogger and darkness97
enjoy life by being smart and taking up academia.