humans aren't meant to be high sentience

radicalrationalist

radicalrationalist

Educator
we're suppose to operate on a level of consciousness between a black person and a chimpanzee. somewhere along the way we evolved a heightened sense of self awareness and the ability to imagine and reflect on the void of thought after death, and over the years in order to better perform the functions necessary to replicate our genetics, only those whose minds are capable of easily being distracted or deluded by religion and mindless entertainment, sex boozing, spectacle, have survived. their minds are designed by nature to cope.

however somewhere along the way, random aberrant mutations occurred and people with heightened awareness, intellect, and imagination, including the ability to contemplate intensely negative thoughts, spontaneously generate in the population. if you are one of these people, you will live a life always defaulting to the thought of oblivion, you will have intrusive thoughts of death of yourself, your relatives, pets, etc almost constantly.

people who say life is a gift, 9 out of 10 times have a very simplistic view of death usually amounting to a belief in pseudoscience or religious dogma, energy can't be destroyed, quantum cognitive immortality, rebirth, afterlife, etc. they might have fleeting thoughts...glimpses into what it is to be at the end of reality, but ultimately their brains are different. they are like robots, they will happily waste ~80% of their life studying, working, wageslaving, and at the end they will expire peacefully because that is their sentience level. most people are like that.

apparently psilocybin and meditation can help alleviate this. essentially you need to destroy parts of your brain responsible for high sentience so you can become "one with the universe" aka an npc robot who is only capable of thinking in the present

tldr: most people don't truly think about death, their brains are designed to cope with it to function effectively in dna replication. people who truly think about death operate on a higher level of consciousness resulting from aberrations in brain development. people who hyper fixate on death usually have had these thoughts since early childhood, and this is associated with high sentience while negatively correlated with the ability to cope. once it truly sinks in, it's over. you will never be the same again.

ps i'm over 60 and my parents almost 90 which means it's likely going to be over for them soon. they are the kinds of people who are susceptible to religion, cope, and delusion. the though of them leaving, and my life altering forever(i have lived with them in their house my entire life), is highly agonizing. i only have one dimension to my empathy, which is pity. when it comes to death, i pity that most people always think they can while away their time on meaningless nonsense, of which i'm partially guilty as well, until one day they're gone.

• +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel, szolliontaraelis, TsarTsar444 and 3 others
Calm down unc

• +1
Reactions: datboijj, dopaminebeyondfried, zyzzbrah1234 and 1 other person
Did not read

thts how insentient I am

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj, wollet2, dopaminebeyondfried and 1 other person
if you're a teenager or a 20 something, you still think you have a lot of time left, you think death is far removed and you can put off thinking about it. but the reality is, it can happen any moment. even during your sleep. undiagnosed health problem, a plane falling on your house, a nuke going off. we are at a moment in world history, where most thoughts are converging towards death. you probably think about death briefly, experience that slight panic, then you move on quickly to the next thought. instead you should take it it to its most logical final conclusion, let yourself be absorbed by it. don't run away from it, as that is most people's first instinct. also, time keeps on moving, you already lived 20 years, in another 20 you'll be 40, then 60...i remember it like it was yesterday when i first had my existential breakdown. i was only 8

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1 and Mister Fuwy
i don't understand how people who are 80 and 90 can still run around trying to control the world. don't they realize they can't even control their own mortality? george soros, biden, even trump. how the fuck at these old geezers not experiencing debilitating levels of dread? because their brains are highly optimized for coping!

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel, TsarTsar444 and Mister Fuwy
#icantcope

#nonstopdeaththoughs

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: <6PSLcel and Mister Fuwy
Yeah I like this

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
Are you unironically 60yo? :feelswhat:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: rhinoplasty, datboijj, lemonnz and 1 other person
The presence of death makes life worth living

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy
Ngl I think this might just be a symptom of excessive paranoia, not something exclusive to super high sentience. But still, blackpill me on death, I've always assumed dying would simply end my current consciousness as I know it and that was it.

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy
Ngl I think this might just be a symptom of excessive paranoia, not something exclusive to super high sentience. But still, blackpill me on death, I've always assumed dying would simply end my current consciousness as I know it and that was it.
Yeah that's it. There's no death Blackpill. You thought u were gonna hear something interesting huh? Sorry bud.

He's old and has paranoia that's all.

i pity that most people always think they can while away their time on meaningless nonsense, of which i'm partially guilty as well, until one day they're gone.

Partially? And what meaningful activities do you do op? If death is end of all, then whatever u do leads to the same conclusion. Everything u do is meaningless nonsense.

• +1
Reactions: rhinoplasty, datboijj, lemonnz and 1 other person
You thought u were gonna hear something interesting huh? Sorry bud.
Well op clearly has some interesting theories regarding death, otherwise what's the reason behind the paranoia bc eternal oblivion sounds chill af

• +1
Reactions: iblamechico
if you're a teenager or a 20 something, you still think you have a lot of time left, you think death is far removed and you can put off thinking about it. but the reality is, it can happen any moment. even during your sleep. undiagnosed health problem, a plane falling on your house, a nuke going off. we are at a moment in world history, where most thoughts are converging towards death. you probably think about death briefly, experience that slight panic, then you move on quickly to the next thought. instead you should take it it to its most logical final conclusion, let yourself be absorbed by it. don't run away from it, as that is most people's first instinct. also, time keeps on moving, you already lived 20 years, in another 20 you'll be 40, then 60...i remember it like it was yesterday when i first had my existential breakdown. i was only 8
shut the fuck up philosophy is bullshit, money speaks.

Well op clearly has some interesting theories regarding death, otherwise what's the reason behind the paranoia bc eternal oblivion sounds chill af
If he does I wanna hear them. Because ur right, nothingness sounds better than the fuck shit going on on earth. I actually have thought about killing myself just so I can go to eternal slumber.

But not everyone shares the same perception. Eternity is bigger than life, a concept people would have a hard time wrapping their head around. Paired with "nothingness", devoid of everything they know and love, and it becomes a dreadful state of existence. What people get wrong though, it's not a state of existence but rather a state of non-existence.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 65658
If he does I wanna hear them. Because ur right, nothingness sounds better than the fuck shit going on on earth. I actually have thought about killing myself just so I can go to eternal slumber.

But not everyone shares the same perception. Eternity is bigger than life, a concept people would have a hard time wrapping their head around. Paired with "nothingness", devoid of everything they know and love, and it becomes a dreadful state of existence. What people get wrong though, it's not a state of existence but rather a state of non-existence.
Water

If he's just a neurotic sperg who's afraid of a state of non existence then I'll dismiss whatever he says, I wanna hear some giga schizo theories

• +1
Reactions: iblamechico
we're suppose to operate on a level of consciousness between a black person and a chimpanzee. somewhere along the way we evolved a heightened sense of self awareness and the ability to imagine and reflect on the void of thought after death, and over the years in order to better perform the functions necessary to replicate our genetics, only those whose minds are capable of easily being distracted or deluded by religion and mindless entertainment, sex boozing, spectacle, have survived. their minds are designed by nature to cope.

however somewhere along the way, random aberrant mutations occurred and people with heightened awareness, intellect, and imagination, including the ability to contemplate intensely negative thoughts, spontaneously generate in the population. if you are one of these people, you will live a life always defaulting to the thought of oblivion, you will have intrusive thoughts of death of yourself, your relatives, pets, etc almost constantly.

people who say life is a gift, 9 out of 10 times have a very simplistic view of death usually amounting to a belief in pseudoscience or religious dogma, energy can't be destroyed, quantum cognitive immortality, rebirth, afterlife, etc. they might have fleeting thoughts...glimpses into what it is to be at the end of reality, but ultimately their brains are different. they are like robots, they will happily waste ~80% of their life studying, working, wageslaving, and at the end they will expire peacefully because that is their sentience level. most people are like that.

apparently psilocybin and meditation can help alleviate this. essentially you need to destroy parts of your brain responsible for high sentience so you can become "one with the universe" aka an npc robot who is only capable of thinking in the present

tldr: most people don't truly think about death, their brains are designed to cope with it to function effectively in dna replication. people who truly think about death operate on a higher level of consciousness resulting from aberrations in brain development. people who hyper fixate on death usually have had these thoughts since early childhood, and this is associated with high sentience while negatively correlated with the ability to cope. once it truly sinks in, it's over. you will never be the same again.

ps i'm over 60 and my parents almost 90 which means it's likely going to be over for them soon. they are the kinds of people who are susceptible to religion, cope, and delusion. the though of them leaving, and my life altering forever(i have lived with them in their house my entire life), is highly agonizing. i only have one dimension to my empathy, which is pity. when it comes to death, i pity that most people always think they can while away their time on meaningless nonsense, of which i'm partially guilty as well, until one day they're gone.
Good thread, read every atom

Humans are shit
we are shit
Monkeys are superior as hell
The goal here is immortality and create our own reality
we WILL gonna become god and create our perfect reality and we WILL be happy
The humanoids computer machine is just a matter of time
The virtual brain is coming
The future is coming

• JFL
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1
Water

If he's just a neurotic sperg who's afraid of a state of non existence then I'll dismiss whatever he says, I wanna hear some giga schizo theories
experiencing most likely never ends but we'll never get to know

i start to think if you feel shit now theres greater possibility that you will feel shit forever than that ever changing. i cant conceive not existing because it doesnt exist as an experience

That is it. You’ll return to your level of conscious before you were born, which is none. Don’t listen to the copes of schizos on here.