I'll learn how to speak German

malicieusss

malicieusss

Mouthbreathing ruins faces.
Unironically.

If I become fluent in german, I will have the holy trinity of language to land a 100k + wagie job in Zurich or anywhere else in Switzerland.

My current position at my current international company literally pays thrice as much in Switzerland vs France.

Literally the only thing holding me back from landing a job there whilst staying in my current company is the language barrier.

Germans will never learn french, they're good at english but they won't make the move.

French suck at english let alone german.. nobody speaks german here (French are among the most retarded when it comes to language learning)

Most high paying jobs in the swiss market (especially the position Im seeking) require all three language to be of professional proficiency.

French have been moving to the border working in the french-speaking side of Switzerland for the longest time. They're sacrificing their quality of lives, and facing extremely high competition to land a job for only one reason : they only speak french

I visited Bern a few times for surgeries, this city is so underrated for example. But a french will NEVER make it there.

When you speak all three of these, you're essentially competing ONLY with local swiss citizens that speaks both german and french (which isn't very common either!)

Many jobs here in France are paying three times less than in Switzerland for the same hours and tasks. And of course, life in Switzerland isn't three times more expensive than here.. not even close.

Even if you take Zurich as an example, it's only 33% less expensive to live in Paris whilst the average salary is over the 100k mark in Zurich

Paris average is 50k. This is gross salaries average. For an equal gross salary, our net salary is lower here since we're way more taxed.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Chintuck22, poopoohead and 5 others
Why would you want to speak Nazi?

• JFL
Reactions: Ruakh, poopoohead and malicieusss
I could never get over my teutophobia to learn German

I already want to forget how to speak English as is

• JFL
Reactions: ThomasJefferson, ccwarrior and malicieusss
I could never get over my teutophobia to learn German

I already want to forget how to speak English as is
I don't really like germans either tbh, i just see a relatively easy way to triple my salary here so I can get better real estate financing leverage down the road

Ich esse raw meat

• JFL
Reactions: wayme, SurgeryEnjoyer and malicieusss
I was thinking of doing Erasmus in Switzerland. Would you recommend me go there or another place like Denmark ? (Nordic countries are my other options).

Wherever I go I will learn the language just to get a job and not just be partying every weekend.
Thanks in advance

I was thinking of doing Erasmus in Switzerland. Would you recommend me go there or another place like Denmark ? (Nordic countries are my other options).

Wherever I go I will learn the language just to get a job and not just be partying every weekend.
Thanks in advance
How old are you and where are you in Europe?

Switzerland is the best moneymaxxing place in Europe, networking there is top tier too whether you want to wagecuck or build a business.

Quality of life is among the highest with Denmark but Switzerland still is the best for moneymaxxing.

Luxembourg is the absolute highest paying country in Europe though

If you learn german you can potentially find something there too which places german at the #1 language to learn if you plan on careermaxxing in europe.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128

Thanks in advance
If you are ethnik don't bother. They are fucking racist as shit in Switzerland.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and malicieusss
I don't really like germans either tbh, i just see a relatively easy way to triple my salary here so I can get better real estate financing leverage down the road
Yes its a good plan if you can stomach it

I wonder what careers are possible for french-italian-english speaker in lugano

• +1
Reactions: malicieusss
It is a shame switzerland is so boring, it is much better to be rich in paris than in geneva or Zurich or bern or lausanne, but it is much easier to become rich there

• +1
It is a shame switzerland is so boring, it is much better to be rich in paris than in geneva or Zurich or bern or lausanne, but it is much easier to become rich there
Yeah it's incredibly boring I agree. I don't like Paris though but that's probably because im too poor to truly enjoy it.

Yeah it's incredibly boring I agree. I don't like Paris though but that's probably because im too poor to truly enjoy it.
Switzerland is fucking beautiful however. I went to Grindelwald a few months back, and I had never seen a place so beautiful.

• +1
  • Love it
How old are you and where are you in Europe?

Switzerland is the best moneymaxxing place in Europe, networking there is top tier too whether you want to wagecuck or build a business.

Quality of life is among the highest with Denmark but Switzerland still is the best for moneymaxxing.

Luxembourg is the absolute highest paying country in Europe though

If you learn german you can potentially find something there too which places german at the #1 language to learn if you plan on careermaxxing in europe.
I am from Spain, 19, 1.85, blond and blue eyes. I dominate English and I am learning Arabic if "The West Falls" and I move to the UAE or some other place. So I could learn another language if needed.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 18582 and malicieusss
can you get away with just english living in Switzerland( zurich, the greman part). Thinking of moving there but don't want to learn german

• +1
can you get away with just english living in Switzerland( zurich, the greman part). Thinking of moving there but don't want to learn german
Yes but you will face increased competition

If you learn german you basically decrease it.

Unironically.

If I become fluent in german, I will have the holy trinity of language to land a 100k + wagie job in Zurich or anywhere else in Switzerland.

My current position at my current international company literally pays thrice as much in Switzerland vs France.

Literally the only thing holding me back from landing a job there whilst staying in my current company is the language barrier.

Germans will never learn french, they're good at english but they won't make the move.

French suck at english let alone german.. nobody speaks german here (French are among the most retarded when it comes to language learning)

Most high paying jobs in the swiss market (especially the position Im seeking) require all three language to be of professional proficiency.

French have been moving to the border working in the french-speaking side of Switzerland for the longest time. They're sacrificing their quality of lives, and facing extremely high competition to land a job for only one reason : they only speak french

I visited Bern a few times for surgeries, this city is so underrated for example. But a french will NEVER make it there.

When you speak all three of these, you're essentially competing ONLY with local swiss citizens that speaks both german and french (which isn't very common either!)

Many jobs here in France are paying three times less than in Switzerland for the same hours and tasks. And of course, life in Switzerland isn't three times more expensive than here.. not even close.

Even if you take Zurich as an example, it's only 33% less expensive to live in Paris whilst the average salary is over the 100k mark in Zurich

Paris average is 50k. This is gross salaries average. For an equal gross salary, our net salary is lower here since we're way more taxed.
I speak italian and english, what are your suggestions for me and my switzerland ascension?

Last edited:
niemand will dich hier haben, hurensohn

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14693 and Deleted member 29258
I speak italian and english, what are your suggestion for me and my switzerland ascension?
Learn french and german :lul:

no tbh I don't have the answer bro

There might be something to do depending on what field you're in / wanna get into though

• +1
Reactions: FutureSlayer
Learn french and german :lul:

no tbh I don't have the answer bro

There might be something to do depending on what field you're in / wanna get into though
I wanna be a surgeon, I‘m year 2 here in italy

• Woah
I wanna be a surgeon, I‘m year 2 here in italy
Even in Italy you can be pretty well off as a surgeon. But if you decide to go for Switzerland you'll have to learn either french or german and find a swiss clinic to take you as an intern during your studies, that'd be your best bet I think

• +1
Reactions: FutureSlayer
Even in Italy you can be good as a surgeon. But if you decide to go for Switzerland you'll have to learn either french or german and find a swiss clinic to take you as an intern during your studie, that'd be your best bet I think
gonna prolly opt for german tbh

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and FutureSlayer
yeah both are terrible to learn, idk which one id pick. Probably german too
German is overall the best language to get the highest paying jobs and tap into the biggest and wealthiest market.

Italy, Spain, France are much poorer.
Nordics are richer but very small market/population and also higher taxes.

• +1
@malicieusss @0hMan how racist are we talking ? Which ethnicities have it hard ?

@malicieusss @0hMan how racist are we talking ? Which ethnicities have it hard ?
My surgeon in Bern is an ethnic mogger, I love that man and his team, I recall he told me he enjoyed Switzerland overall so idk if that's the city

The french cities are known to be racist but bro let me ask you something, you're Italian right? Italy is among the most racist country in Europe so if you move from there to Switz you shall be fine actually

• +1
Reactions: SurgeryEnjoyer
My surgeon in Bern is an ethnic mogger, I love that man and his team, I recall he told me he enjoyed Switzerland overall so idk if that's the city

The french cities are known to be racist but bro let me ask you something, you're Italian right? Italy is among the most racist country in Europe so if you move from there to Switz you shall be fine actually
Citizenship wise yes, ethnicity wise my dad is a north atlantid and my mom mena. I look like a weird med/mena hybrid. Also italy is very racist, but mostly to blacks and painfully obvious nafris/arabs. If you look somewhat med with decently enough caucasian features it’s not a problem (worst case scenario they’ll just assume you’re from the south since there a lot of people look like turks). I’ll probably be white passing after all my surgeries anyways. Btw was your surgeon dr. Safi ?

• +1
Citizenship wise yes, ethnicity wise my dad is a north atlantid and my mom mena. I look like a weird med/mena hybrid. Also italy is very racist, but mostly to blacks and painfully obvious nafris/arabs. If you look somewhat med with decently enough caucasian features it’s not a problem (worst case scenario they’ll just assume you’re from the south since there a lot of people look like turks). I’ll probably be white passing after all my surgeries anyways. Btw was your surgeon dr. Safi ?
Yeah it'll probably be ok for you I assume then

And yep it was

• +1
Unironically.

good luck learning a language after the age of 12 you cuck

• JFL
Reactions: wayme and malicieusss

The french cities are known to be racist but bro let me ask you something, you're Italian right?

Italy is among the most racist country in Europe so if you move from there to Switz you shall be fine actually
Italy is nothing compared to Balkans actually

• +1
I read a lot of Reddit posts on r/Switzerland about hating Muslims and shit. :lul: Prob any brown ethnicity will have it hard.
Italy is among the most racist country in Europe so if you move from there to Switz you shall be fine actually
I'm in Italy right now, and let me tell ya, it isn't racist enough. There's fucking Indians everywhere, my nostrils got raped on the subway earlier.

• +1
Average spick's comprehension of how the world works. My dad is fluent in 6+ languages which he all learned after 18. You just have the mental capacity of a 3 year old.

• +1
Reactions: 444 and malicieusss
I'm in Italy right now, and let me tell ya, it isn't racist enough. There's fucking Indians everywhere, my nostrils got raped on the subway earlier.
That’s worse tbh. At least in most of the so-called racist countries it’s clear from the get go, but here people are not really allowed to amnifest it publicly since it’s still a “1st world progressive european country”, however everyone’s mentality is based around traditional and conservative value. So immigrants get baited into thinking they could be accepted and have a better life, however once they try to fit in and socialize they realize that it’s probably the most racist country in western europe. They’ll never say it publicly because there’s still quite a bit of leftists, but they’ll never welcome you.

• +1
Reactions: malicieusss and PubertyMaxxer
Why not go to the US instead. The salaries are way higher than europe

• Ugh..
  • Hmm...
Reactions: 444 and malicieusss
German is pretty easy for english speakers and there are people out there who learn languages at 70 (Steve Kaufman for example)

• +1
Good luck OP.

• Love it
How long do you think that would take?

How long do you think that would take?
My guess is 1.5 - 2 years of consistent practice no more than one hour daily - but focused to reach C1.

On top of which I will listen to audio books / video or songs.

But I guess it varies a lot from one individual to the next. I am a pretty fast learner and I already have a "basic" understanding of german as I lived in Germany for a while.

My guess is 1.5 - 2 years of consistent practice no more than one hour daily - but focused to reach C1.

But I guess it varies a lot from one individual to the next. I am a pretty fast learner and I already have a "basic" understanding of german as I lived in Germany for a while.
You should engage in discord servers too where they practice german in vc

• +1

if i put 6 hours daily or 8 how long till i learn it? i have good memory

if i put 6 hours daily or 8 how long till i learn it? i have good memory
C1 is around 800 hours of work if you google it up

But consistent, long term practice > intense short term one (generally)

• +1
Reactions: Sexually Disabled and Deleted member 31155

is it possible to become c1 if you never live in a place that speaks the language you think ?

is it possible to become c1 if you never live in a place that speaks the language you think ?
That's a good question and I don't have the answer but I would assume that it is thanks to internet.

Isn't Switzerland one of the hardest place to mog in though?

Is b2 german enough to live there without issues? How long will it take to learn if I do 15 hours a week study?

Why would you want to speak Nazi?