I'm Finally Pulling the Trigger on a Hair Transplant

Part-Time Chad

Part-Time Chad

Diamond
I've had an orange-sized bald spot on my crown for several years now. It hasn't progressed that much, so I think it might be safe to finally find a good doctor and get it restored. But I'm worried that my hair loss might start getting worse in other parts of my head after I get a transplant.

If this happens, does the doctor, who performed my first treatment, keep restoring my hair as I lose it, or do I have to keep paying him to get multiple treatments?

Would I even have enough donor hair for multiple treatments, if my doctor fills in my crown with high density? How does he account for this?

Any good doctors who perform FUE transplants in the New York City area?

Thanks

Last edited:
hair transplants also fall out :lul:

hair transplants also fall out :lul:
That's news to me. I've always known they're permanent, like the hair in the back of your neck (where they take it from to perform the procedure).

• +1
Reactions: Pride
That's news to me. I've always known they're permanent, like the hair in the back of your neck (where they take it from to perform the procedure).
not exactly but it looks terrible when the hair that was balding continues to bald, you end up looking really weird

i only read this part
"Im Finally Pulling the Trigger"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 62070
not exactly but it looks terrible when the hair that was balding continues to bald, you end up looking really weird

That was exactly part of my question.

thats why u get a good surgeon who identifies dht resistant hairs and take fin

thats why u get a good surgeon who identifies dht resistant hairs and take fin
I didn't know they could identify, in advance, hairs that are resistant to falling out due to dht.

I took fin for several years, and eventually stopped it due to the sexual side effects.

I didn't know they could identify, in advance, hairs that are resistant to falling out due to dht.

I took fin for several years, and eventually stopped it due to the sexual side effects.
generally theres a pattern of shedding and hairs resistant to dht are easy to identify because most ppl going in for a transplant are of older age and have lost most of the hairs they were destined to lose to dht

the hairs on the rear and side of ur head are more resistant and a good choice for transplant but a lot more matters like number of hairs in a graft and the size of the graft etc

u can do a hair transplant without fin but ur taking a big risk

u can do a hair transplant without fin but ur taking a big risk
You mean that my newly transplanted hairs could also fall out by virtue of the fact that they were installed where my original hair fell out?

You mean that my newly transplanted hairs could also fall out by virtue of the fact that they were installed where my original hair fell out?
each hair follicle has its own androgen receptor, and each receptor has its own sensitivity level to dht

so no, because the transplanted follicle will have a high resistance to dht (assuming ur surgeon chose good follicles)

but that doesn't guarantee it wont miniaturize or fall out, which is why u should take fin to reduce the risk of that happening

• +1
Reactions: Part-Time Chad