Invisalign consultation - what to look out for???

User28823

User28823

Kraken
Going to get invisalign once my wisdom teeth are removed

What to look out for?

I know one thing is to avoid any dentist who tries to tell you to use rubber bands / elastics or anything, but my bite is fine so shouldn't need those anyway.

My teeth were always really good growing up but wisdom teeth have caused them to get a bit worse plus grinding in my sleep has fucked the inner edges up so I'm getting invisalign to get a perfect smile.

Also, my smile is crooked / slanted, is that a jaw / maxilla problem or something that can be fixed with invisalign?

Should I see a maxillofacial surgeon first and get a full scan before an invisalign consultation?

Yeah, a crooked smile = uneven maxilla. Still, though, it's far easier to fix your teeth than try and get surgery to even out your bones.

Just go to a trusted dentist with lots of positive reviews.

• Love it
Reactions: User28823
dont get invisalign its worse than real braces imo

• Woah
dont get invisalign its worse than real braces imo
what makes it worse than real braces
i'll do whatever is best / fastest

what makes it worse than real braces
i'll do whatever is best / fastest
invisalign is pain in the ass ngl it hurts a lot at the beginning and i just stop wearing them sometimes

• Woah
invisalign is pain in the ass ngl it hurts a lot at the beginning and i just stop wearing them sometimes
so pain wise invisalign is worse?
i keep reading ppl say invisalign is much less painful
the pain is expected considering its gotta shift ur teeth but as long as theres no significant difference in outcome i'll prolly stick with invisalign

• +1
Reactions: zura
Have you found out anything on this?

Have you found out anything on this?
not yet, getting wisdom teeth removed next week then gonna start research

• +1
Reactions: Roge
Isn't extractions bad?
i'm getting bone grafts on bottom extractions so no concerns there
upper wisdom teeth are supported by minimal bone that grafting them is unnecessary, effects on the maxilla are negligible and even then, removing them might help with hollow cheeks in some cases

its really premolar extractions u have to worry about

• +1
upper wisdom teeth are supported by minimal bone that grafting them is unnecessary, effects on the maxilla are negligible and even then, removing them might help with hollow cheeks in some cases

I honestly fear recession, because of my wisdom teeth coming in wrong direction, my canine is moved severely and there us a gap from where it was moved. This makes one side of lower teeth slightly moved , starting from molars up to my incisors. No extractions were made tho, should I worry of bone loss or something permanent? Unfortunately I dont have money to get it fixed now
Should I worry?

Should I worry?
if ur wisdom teeth are impacted horizontally u should absolutely get bone grafts
that's one of the cases where it is recommended by oral surgeons

• +1
Should I worry?
@User28823 as example you can Google ronaldo before teeth work and see that he had bad upper teeth and one was very badly aligned (i have similar but with lower canine). Does it cause some irreversible damage

if ur wisdom teeth are impacted horizontally u should absolutely get bone grafts
that's one of the cases where it is recommended by oral surgeons
I dont understand honestly

FARK. i had 4 premolars removed 3-4 years ago and didn’t get bone grafts or dental implants.

• Woah
I dont understand honestly
do u know what ur xrays look like
are the wisdom teeth coming in like this
3000x2x1

@User28823 as example you can Google ronaldo before teeth work and see that he had bad upper teeth and one was very badly aligned (i have similar but with lower canine). Does it cause some irreversible damage
i'm sure it has some negative effects but to what extent idk, i'm still learning myself

i mean everyone says it’s bad but my face hasn’t really changed. i’m not fuckin deformed and i don’t think anything has changed tbh.

• Hmm...
is it guaranteed to fuck u over or is it case by case? i’ve seen pics of people that look like they got punched by mike tyson after premolar extractions

i mean everyone says it’s bad but my face hasn’t really changed. i’m not fuckin deformed and i don’t think anything has changed tbh.
if u were young u could have healed better preventing too much bone resorption, but idk

• +1
Reactions: Dele Alli Regen
do u know what ur xrays look like
are the wisdom teeth coming in like this
View attachment 2669533

i'm sure it has some negative effects but to what extent idk, i'm still learning myself
No i dont have it this way, but they still fuck the lower teeth up

In theory thats just cosmetic problem and I dont have any bone loss? No extractions were made, just one very bad aligned tooth

• Hmm...
In theory thats just cosmetic problem and I dont have any bone loss? No extractions were made, just one very bad aligned tooth
idk how crooked teeth influence the maxilla, i could only assume they would cause some asymmetry on the lower maxilla that could be fixed with straightening

ramirez was symmetrical with crooked teeth

• +1
idk how crooked teeth influence the maxilla, i could only assume they would cause some asymmetry on the lower maxilla that could be fixed with straightening

ramirez was symmetrical with crooked teeth
My problem is with lower row

• Hmm...
My problem is with lower row
crooked lower teeth means ur jaw doesnt have space for all ur teeth, so ur jaw didnt develop to its fullest potential

• +1
crooked lower teeth means ur jaw doesnt have space for all ur teeth, so ur jaw didnt develop to its fullest potential
They are not crooked, just wisdom teeth pushed one side slightly and canine was pushed out of row

They are not crooked, just wisdom teeth pushed one side slightly and canine was pushed out of row
same problem, if ur jaw developed to its full potential u wouldnt have ur wisdom teeth pushing other teeth around

same problem, if ur jaw developed to its full potential u wouldnt have ur wisdom teeth pushing other teeth around
Well thats still only my assumption, need to go to the doctor and examine it

• Hmm...

I got 2 extractions upper teeth and yes it hollows out cheeks for sure

• Woah
I got 2 extractions upper teeth and yes it hollows out cheeks for sure
recovering from wisdom teeth removal rn
uppers got extracted no grafts, bottoms got grafts
still swelling but might not see final results until a couple of months when any resorption occurs

recovering from wisdom teeth removal rn
uppers got extracted no grafts, bottoms got grafts
still swelling but might not see final results until a couple of months when any resorption occurs
Fingers crossed it turns out well

• +1
feel recovered enough from wisdom teeth removal

just booked invisalign consultation next week :cool:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037
feel recovered enough from wisdom teeth removal

just booked invisalign consultation next week :cool:
Are you teeth crooked? You're recessed then right?

Are you teeth crooked? You're recessed then right?
wisdom teeth made them less symmetrical but nothing too bad

before my wisdoms came in i'd get complimented on my natural teeth then they crowded the other teeth

i'm doing invisalign to get my perfect smile back

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037
wisdom teeth made them less symmetrical but nothing too bad

before my wisdoms came in i'd get complimented on my natural teeth then they crowded the other teeth

i'm doing invisalign to get my perfect smile back
Age?

getting my aligners next month

teeth ascension begins :feelsahh::feelsahh::feelsahh: