Is it better to run benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid with tret?

Napoleon1800

Napoleon1800

What is wrong with me?
I've been using tret 0.025% for a week now, and I'm planning on buying azelaic acid, I wonder if I should get another active and if yes if I should get benzyl peroxide or salicylic acid? I've read that benzyl peroxide is better for acne spot treatment which is technically my main problem rn but salicylic acid also has effects on reducing acne as well as reducing sebaceous filaments which is one of my other issues as I have large pores.

Tret results come in after months unlike bp

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800
Is it worth using alongside tret?
Personally it didn't help me much but keep in mind my acne was very mild. I wouldn't waste money on it with the risk of just irritating the skin because you are already on tret.

Overall what cured my acne was just sticking to tret and finding a cleanser that was very mild. I have problem with too much sebum excretion so using a face wash that is harsher only makes me excrete more sebum after.

• +1
Personally it didn't help me much but keep in mind my acne was very mild. I wouldn't waste money on it with the risk of just irritating the skin because you are already on tret.

Overall what cured my acne was just sticking to tret and finding a cleanser that was very mild. I have problem with too much sebum excretion so using a face wash that is harsher only makes me excrete more sebum after.
Do you think this is a good routine?

Morning:

Cleanse with miscellar water
Moisturise
Sunscreen

Night:

Cleanse with gentle water based cleanser
Apply tret
Apply azelaic acid
Moisturise

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff
Do you think this is a good routine?

Morning:

Cleanse with miscellar water
Moisturise
Sunscreen

Night:

Cleanse with gentle water based cleanser
Apply tret
Apply azelaic acid
Moisturise
Pretty solid routine, if you don't feel as if though your skin is drying or is irritated then you could incorporate kojic acid too if you suffer from discoloration from acne.

I wouldn't change a thing here tbh

• +1
I've been using tret 0.025% for a week now, and I'm planning on buying azelaic acid, I wonder if I should get another active and if yes if I should get benzyl peroxide or salicylic acid? I've read that benzyl peroxide is better for acne spot treatment which is technically my main problem rn but salicylic acid also has effects on reducing acne as well as reducing sebaceous filaments which is one of my other issues as I have large pores.
Sa is less harmful to your barrier

• +1
you can't use tret and BP at the same time, BP oxidizes the tret.

definitielly add SA (cerave cleanser with it is good), if your acne is severe you can add BP in the morning

• +1