Is it possible to shift lower teeth back without extractions?

HumidVent

HumidVent

Zephir
I want to avoid extractions but there is no more room to advance my lower jaw forward, so I need to shift my lower teeth back first before I get a BSSO. My orthodontist said he can extract my first molars to create room.

Would the aesthetic results of a BSSO outweigh the negative effects of extractions? And I've already had all my wisdom teeth removed.

Then have a bimax surgery

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Then have a bimax surgery
What if my maxilla isn't recessed? Would a Bimax move both jaws the same distance? If I need 5mm of advancement in my lower jaw and my upper jaw isn't recessed wouldn't the advancement make me look worse?

What if my maxilla isn't recessed? Would a Bimax move both jaws the same distance? If I need 5mm of advancement in my lower jaw and my upper jaw isn't recessed wouldn't the advancement make me look worse?
From my point of view, nobody should have extractions.

It’s quite easy to “get lost” in the study of the profile view. But our face isn’t just a profile, is it?
You could also get some screws or plates installed at the back of the sides of your lower jaw so that the whole lower arch could be pulled back from there. But it takes time and it doesn’t really help as much as with extractions, it’s true

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and RAITEIII