Is my jaw recessed or is vertical + horizontal genio enough? What do I need to fix this area well?

ApeCigger

ApeCigger

Iron
PXL 20230328 083731465
PXL 20230327 234859421PORTRAIT
PXL 20230328 083803019

U need bimax bro

Send me ur full side profile, i'll calculate ur foward angle

U need bimax bro

Send me ur full side profile, i'll calculate ur foward angle
Bimax seems overrated, way too expensive and seems overdone not sure though, I'll send you my full profile tho

• +1
Reactions: WhiteGoodman, It'snotover and Deleted member 24789
Bimax seems overrated, way too expensive and seems overdone not sure though, I'll send you my full profile tho
Bsso+ genio. I agree that bimax is overrated and biggest forum meme, only deforme people ascends from it and some end up looking worse after it.

Bsso+ genio. I agree that bimax is overrated and biggest forum meme, only deforme people ascends from it and some end up looking worse after it.
BSSO is expensive as fuck realistically none of us rotters here will afford it ever

• Hmm...
Reactions: agoostis and It'snotover
BSSO is expensive as fuck realistically none of us rotters here will afford it ever
Yeah it’s expensive, but so it is most of the surgery that people needs here. If someone has an ok maxilla and needs much more mandible and chin length, what would be a decent alternative to bsso? Genio? Also to have a bimax you must get braces for at least a year if i'm not wrong. Bite for which surgery is better plays a role here too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22623
Yeah it’s expensive, but so it is most of the surgery that people needs here. If someone has an ok maxilla and needs much more mandible and chin length, what would be a decent alternative to bsso? Genio? Also to have a bimax you must get braces for at least a year if i'm not wrong. Bite for which surgery is better plays a role here too.
sliding genio, implants, distraction osteogenesis (MDO).. all cheaper procedures

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover
sliding genio, implants, distraction osteogenesis (MDO).. all cheaper procedures
True. Especially about Mdo and genio. I would say that making the mandible longer before implants is the best choice. Another reason which I think bimax is useless for most people, at least from an aesthetic pov,is because without genio there are not many visible changes. A guy that had bimax without genio posted a shitty result 2 weeks ago. I'd rather do genio+ inframalar implants, better aesthetic outcome since most people maxilla's is fine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22623
Sliding genio is what I've been considering but that only changes chin, not sure if that properly works for jaw recession or whatever

True. Especially about Mdo and genio. I would say that making the mandible longer before implants is the best choice. Another reason which I think bimax is useless for most people, at least from an aesthetic pov,is because without genio there are not many visible changes. A guy that had bimax without genio posted a shitty result 2 weeks ago. I'd rather do genio+ inframalar implants, better aesthetic outcome since most people maxilla's is fine.
So I should look into MDO possibly?

Sliding genio is what I've been considering but that only changes chin, not sure if that properly works for jaw recession or whatever
moves it forward without changing vertical height

it depends on if ur lower or upperj aw is recessed or both

moves it forward without changing vertical height

it depends on if ur lower or upperj aw is recessed or both
I'm not quite sure what is what, by sliding genio I did mean vertical as well, since my chin is short as well as recessed

I'm not quite sure what is what, by sliding genio I did mean vertical as well, since my chin is short as well as recessed
you need a regular genioplasty then

sliding genio will just bring your chin forward

BSSO is all about bite. He’d need 7mm+ overbite for the ortho to say “we can’t get this bite normal with orthodontics, you need lower jaw surgery”. If his bite is good then he should honestly jurist go to a surgeon who does big genio movements. It could just be a case of a really weak chin like the guy below. This guy just did 10mm horizontal genio and OP has a better lower third.
F2E7FE4B 0C8E 48EA 9E48 83B38FC7DE69

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover
BSSO is all about bite. He’d need 7mm+ overbite for the ortho to say “we can’t get this bite normal with orthodontics, you need lower jaw surgery”. If his bite is good then he should honestly jurist go to a surgeon who does big genio movements. It could just be a case of a really weak chin like the guy below. This guy just did 10mm horizontal genio and OP has a better lower third.
.View attachment 2134876
Hmm I'll look into it, I'm assuming a consultation would tell me more about this right?

.View attachment 2134876
Yes, like I said what surgery is better to you depends by your bite and jaw recession. I saw pretty good ascension from genio alone tbh, but bsso is good too except for the fact that it's expensive and more painful. There are recessed people with class 1 bite so in these cases it's just genio or bimax for those who wants to dogmaxx.

BSSO + Genio is such a waste if you’re gonna go thru a whole ass BSSO might as well just do djs. Nowadays in the hands of the right surgeon it’s extremely typical to have no complications

BSSO + Genio is such a waste if you’re gonna go thru a whole ass BSSO might as well just do djs. Nowadays in the hands of the right surgeon it’s extremely typical to have no complications
Not everyone gives af about maxilla projection, under eye support, and a slightly upturned nose enough to wear braces for a year and spend a crazy amount out of pocket.

Not everyone gives af about maxilla projection, under eye support, and a slightly upturned nose enough to wear braces for a year and spend a crazy amount out of pocket.
You still have to wear braces for a year for bsso

Alright so what I'm getting from this is a vertical plus horizontal genio could probably be good for me, obv should get a consultation to be more sure

Alright so what I'm getting from this is a vertical plus horizontal genio could probably be good for me, obv should get a consultation to be more sure
If the surgeon you go to doesn’t do double digit sliding genio movements (10mm+) don’t go to them.

If the surgeon you go to doesn’t do double digit sliding genio movements (10mm+) don’t go to them.
10mm forward right? Not vertical I assume since 10mm vertically sounds like too much idk tho

Alright noted, is turkey a good place for non-overpriced good genio or should I try to find an American doctor? I'll probably do rhino in turkey but not sure about genio

Alright noted, is turkey a good place for non-overpriced good genio or should I try to find an American doctor? I'll probably do rhino in turkey but not sure about genio
Yes go to an American surgeon

Yes go to an American surgeon
How expensive would a good one in America be for vertical plus horizontal? I've heard that 5k is like a good price and anything above is overpriced, but idk

How expensive would a good one in America be for vertical plus horizontal? I've heard that 5k is like a good price and anything above is overpriced, but idk
I’m paying 7k just horizontal but I know the guy I’m going to is top tier. But that includes a 1k sales tax in Ontario that maybe Americans don’t have to pay.

I’m paying 7k just horizontal but I know the guy I’m going to is top tier. But that includes a 1k sales tax in Ontario that maybe Americans don’t have to pay.
Hmm I'll see, would genio change how my nose looks? Idk if should get rhino first