Is there such a thing as "inward bones"?

JCaesar

JCaesar

ascend or rope
My left side is more recessed than the right, but on the left I can also feel my jawline seems to start further back than on the right, like if it has been pushed back or something. Looking more closely it appears that could be the case for that whole side of the face, even my eye is a bit more bulgy there due to my zygo seeming to start further back than on the right. I believe this to be the case since if you were to measure the length of the skull on that side it would be the same or even a bit more than the right side, yet it's still more recessed than the right somehow. Are "inward grown bones" a thing?

• +1
Reactions: ripikke
Not really. It's just more growth on one side than the other.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: mike21, ripikke, JCaesar and 1 other person
Not really. It's just more growth on one side than the other.
Again the growth seems to be roughly the same, maybe even a bit more on the left, if measured (as the jawline and everything seems to be placed further back). Yet somehow that side still appears more recessed

Again the growth seems to be roughly the same, maybe even a bit more on the left, if measured (as the jawline and everything seems to be placed further back). Yet somehow that side still appears more recessed
So it's asymmetric growth of some type. It's hard to say why it "looks more recessed". Could be the facial muscles/fat on top, the ratio compared to other facial bones, an asymmetric neck (asymmetric muscle growth on the neck), etc. I don't think "inward bones" really means anything.

• +1
Reactions: JCaesar
no, just assimetrical bones I supose.

• Hmm...
So it's asymmetric growth of some type. It's hard to say why it "looks more recessed". Could be the facial muscles/fat on top, the ratio compared to other facial bones, an asymmetric neck (asymmetric muscle growth on the neck), etc. I don't think "inward bones" really means anything.
I do have some assymetry on my neck. I made a shitty representation of how the jawline looks like looking down:

The right side seems to literally start more forwards than the left, like it's crooked or something. The chin is actually very slightly more forwards on the right side too.

I do have some assymetry on my neck. I made a shitty representation of how the jawline looks like looking down:

View attachment 2675641

The right side seems to literally start more forwards than the left, like it's crooked or something. The chin is actually very slightly more forwards on the right side too.
I got that too op, can you go in a mirror and tell me if you look at your bottom teeth are they misaligned or crooked. Ie. Is your bottom palate symmetrical. I may have a theory.

• +1