Leanmax or gainmax first?

Isekaicel

Isekaicel

>tfw no gf
What should I focus on first? Should I leanmax first and just do cardio in the gym until I'm lean and then start building muscle? Or should I just start lifting and gain muscle and get lean afterwards?

I think bulking is a scam for natties, because when you lose the weight after a while the body goes back into its set homeostasis. Just go lean and then into maintenance calories and lift hard the whole way.

• +1
Reactions: litaz, Allornothing, 5.5psl and 4 others
Gain more mass then become lean so you don't have to put your body through stress.

• +1
Reactions: Isekaicel
AT LEAST BULK FOR 1 YEAR AND LEAN DOWN

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: 5.5psl, BrahminBoss and Isekaicel
Lean is life. Go to 12% without loosing too much muscle mass. Then you can bulk up a little and then leanmax back to 12%.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and Isekaicel
What should I focus on first? Should I leanmax first and just do cardio in the gym until I'm lean and then start building muscle? Or should I just start lifting and gain muscle and get lean afterwards?
lift weights while cutting, you wont lose as much muscle and strength but you will lose fat

• +1
Reactions: Isekaicel
Gain more mass then become lean so you don't have to put your body through stress.
The whole bulking/cutting meme is meant for professional bodybuilders who need to look big and lean on a single day for a competition. There's a reason they don't stay lean, because they can't maintain the mass at that body fat. For a natty it's not worth losing facial aesthetics by bulking so that you can temporarily be bigger while lean after cutting. Having slightly bigger biceps is nothing compared to the face change from being lean.

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl and lightskinbengali
The whole bulking/cutting meme is meant for professional bodybuilders who need to look big and lean on a single day for a competition. There's a reason they don't stay lean, because they can't maintain the mass at that body fat. For a natty it's not worth losing facial aesthetics by bulking so that you can temporarily be bigger while lean after cutting. Having slightly bigger biceps is nothing compared to the face change from being lean.
depends on your goals + you cant build muscle without bulk after first year

Depends on your starting point (fat, skinny fat or skinny).
Bulking as a natty is always a meme, except when it is a leanbulk (just eat slightly above your daily caloric intake).
Bulking will of course net more muscle in a shorter timeframe, but you'll look like shit a lot of the time.

depends on your goals + you cant build muscle without bulk after first year
The muscles will pull whatever energy they need from your calories and fat storage. The energy required to repair and maintain muscle is part of your TDEE. Why would you eat in excess of that which just goes into fat?

I'm not even convinced bulking actually increases muscle fiber in natties, it just increases fat everywhere which gives the illusion of bigger muscles.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Detective, Gaygymmaxx and 5.5psl
I'm not even convinced bulking actually increases muscle fiber in natties, it just increases fat everywhere which gives the illusion of bigger muscles.
It does increases muscle
The only problem/issue with being natty is that you can't look big and lean at the same time .
Being lean is crucial for facial aesthetics and at the same time for an avg -abv avg looking guy a good physique is a must for increasing smv so being big is also a huge smv boost .

Best physique

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 30234
Being lean is crucial for facial aesthetics and at the same time for an avg -abv avg looking guy a good physique is a must for increasing smv so being big is also a huge smv boost .
It depends how much fat a guy stores in his face and how much his face improves by being lean which varies. I look like a completely different person between 10% and 20%.

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
It depends how much fat a guy stores in his face and how much his face improves by being lean which varies. I look like a completely different person between 10% and 20%.
Hmm

• JFL
Reactions: Jhon Smith and Deleted member 28904
It does increases muscle
The only problem/issue with being natty is that you can't look big and lean at the same time .
So what should be done ?

• Woah
Reactions: 5.5psl
Rate my gymcelling

• JFL
just leanmaxx you will actually be building muscle on the process because of newbie gains from it aswell, remember face is far more important than body ever could be so priorities should be on face and seeking the potential you have

Bite the bullet and bulk to gain mass and then go lean.

• +1