Kraken
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Ark, Roquefort, Xangsane and 7 others

I wish I were East Asian instead of Vietnamese (Southeast Asian)​

Proofpoint nguoi_viet
10h 94 Comments
“East Asia” = Japan, China, Korea
God, I hate being Vietnamese (esp when I’m surrounded by all these East Asians, reminding me of how I was born into the worst country)

As of late, I have seen a lot of East Asians straight out attacking Vietnamese people here on blind. They call us dark, short, monkeys with the ugliest language on the planet. I’ve even seen my own Vietnamese trying to claim racial blood ties with the Southern Chinese in an attempt to discredit our Southeast Asian bloodline and be East Asian instead.

Hey fellow Vietnamese. I understand why some of you want to link the Vietnamese to the South Chinese.
I empathize with your feelings, and want you to know that I used to feel the same way, wishing to be East Asian instead of Vietnamese, so I understand. I was raised on Japanese anime(HUGE Toonami addict back in the day) and KPop, with a family who loooved historical Chinese stuff (I used to pretend to be a Japanese girl and transform into Sailor Mercury all the time). In contrast, Vietnam didn't really have anything we could be proud of, neither our economy, our culture, our language, nor our people. As a kid, the last thing I wanted to be was Vietnamese, because compared to the aforementioned three East Asian groups, we were quite a bit more darker-skinned, had more Southeast Asian facial features, shorter, and (I'm ashamed to say this) I also thought we were less cultured.

The way I found self-worth was by trying to link the Vietnamese to the East Asians.
I mean, we're right under China - we MUST have some sort of genetic link, right? I tried really really hard to find these connections. I looked up studies to try and prove that the Vietnamese were close to Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese people, even when East Asians called me "Vietnamese monkey" at school.
Looking back, I knew that this was an inferiority complex. And tbh, I still do have quite a bit of this inferiority complex. The Viet Kieu that I grew up with also all absolutely despised Vietnam, and we wished to be East Asian. The easiest way to do this was by looking to the people in South China, the closest neighbor whom we share a border with.

As an adult now, it's sad because I still feel the effects of this trauma. My crush back in 2003 was a hot KPop star. It was 2013 it was a ripped Northern Chinese actor. Im 2023 it was a luscious Japanese athlete. I’ve never felt anything for Southeast Asian men.

Vietnam is still far, far behind the three major East Asian countries, and even though I've tried really hard to get approval from East Asians around me, it hasn't worked. I purposely don't hang out with other Vietnamese, because I wanted to show off that I am a "special" Vietnamese who only hangs out with higher-class East Asians.
At the end of the day, I've realized that I'm still Vietnamese. I've tried telling people that I'm Korean or Chinese before, and it made me feel much more proud inside, but a lot of times, people didn't even believe me. They told me that I looked way too "Viet", oftentimes with an air of disgust.

I've realized that no matter how much I want to be linked to East Asia, it won't happen. Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese will still look down on us and think we're an uncivilized bunch of apes.
With that said, I am still very proud to be Vietnamese.
I’ll admit: Some times when I’m depressed, I wish I were Korean or Chinese or Japanese, but that’s definitely not all the time.

It's a hard pill to swallow, and I can't say that I've swallowed it yet. But, I am slowly trying to find ways to be proud of Vietnam. Did you know that a company from our country, Vinfast, has made it's way over to America and will become the next major leader in EV vehicles?
Did you know that sometimes, white people can't tell East Asians and Vietnamese apart? I like to try to take advantage of this fact to tell them that I'm Korean, Japanese, or Chinese.
Did you know that Vietnam is slowly becoming one of the greatest economies in the world? Our growth rate is truly something to be admired.

I understand why you're trying so hard to link yourself to the Chinese, because I used to be that way. Truth be told, I still kind of am. It's hard to be Vietnamese in the States, especially surrounded by East Asians. But trust me, life does get better, even for us Vietnamese. Sure, we may never be accepted by the Koreans, Chinese, or Japanese. But, we can still watch our favorite movies on Netflix. We can still eat our favorite foods from Vietnam even here in the States. (Ask me where to find the best Bò né !) We might not be able to marry up with an East Asian, but there are plenty of handsome Vietnamese people.

I hope you find peace, and I wish for happiness to find all Viet Kieu.
We will eventually have something to be proud of as a country; I know it. Just look at our roaring economy!
Just to clear one thing up: I AM proud to be Vietnamese. It’s just that sometimes, I wish I weren’t.

I wish you the best as a fellow Vietnamese.
Việt Nam muôn năm!

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Xangsane, ranierean, ominion and 2 others
context this person is 40 years old btw

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: BeanletMogger, 6"4 Tyrone(I'm not), Roquefort and 6 others
Did you know that a company from our country, Vinfast, has made it's way over to America and will become the next major leader in EV vehicles?
The copemeter is through the roof

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Roquefort, ominion, dna_cel and 1 other person
She should watch this

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ominion, Latinolooksmaxxer and gooner23
viets are the most self hating southeast asians. due to han chinese influence

they’re also most afraid of the sun in all of SEA

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Xangsane, ominion, aspiringexcel and 4 others

but they have so much representation in america basically led the modern asian beauty standard in the west like abgs, even beabadobee is Filipino and follows western viet beauty standards

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane, ominion and aspiringexcel

I wish I were East Asian instead of Vietnamese (Southeast Asian)​

Proofpoint nguoi_viet
10h 94 Comments
“East Asia” = Japan, China, Korea
God, I hate being Vietnamese (esp when I’m surrounded by all these East Asians, reminding me of how I was born into the worst country)

As of late, I have seen a lot of East Asians straight out attacking Vietnamese people here on blind. They call us dark, short, monkeys with the ugliest language on the planet. I’ve even seen my own Vietnamese trying to claim racial blood ties with the Southern Chinese in an attempt to discredit our Southeast Asian bloodline and be East Asian instead.

Hey fellow Vietnamese. I understand why some of you want to link the Vietnamese to the South Chinese.
I empathize with your feelings, and want you to know that I used to feel the same way, wishing to be East Asian instead of Vietnamese, so I understand. I was raised on Japanese anime(HUGE Toonami addict back in the day) and KPop, with a family who loooved historical Chinese stuff (I used to pretend to be a Japanese girl and transform into Sailor Mercury all the time). In contrast, Vietnam didn't really have anything we could be proud of, neither our economy, our culture, our language, nor our people. As a kid, the last thing I wanted to be was Vietnamese, because compared to the aforementioned three East Asian groups, we were quite a bit more darker-skinned, had more Southeast Asian facial features, shorter, and (I'm ashamed to say this) I also thought we were less cultured.

The way I found self-worth was by trying to link the Vietnamese to the East Asians.
I mean, we're right under China - we MUST have some sort of genetic link, right? I tried really really hard to find these connections. I looked up studies to try and prove that the Vietnamese were close to Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese people, even when East Asians called me "Vietnamese monkey" at school.
Looking back, I knew that this was an inferiority complex. And tbh, I still do have quite a bit of this inferiority complex. The Viet Kieu that I grew up with also all absolutely despised Vietnam, and we wished to be East Asian. The easiest way to do this was by looking to the people in South China, the closest neighbor whom we share a border with.

As an adult now, it's sad because I still feel the effects of this trauma. My crush back in 2003 was a hot KPop star. It was 2013 it was a ripped Northern Chinese actor. Im 2023 it was a luscious Japanese athlete. I’ve never felt anything for Southeast Asian men.

Vietnam is still far, far behind the three major East Asian countries, and even though I've tried really hard to get approval from East Asians around me, it hasn't worked. I purposely don't hang out with other Vietnamese, because I wanted to show off that I am a "special" Vietnamese who only hangs out with higher-class East Asians.
At the end of the day, I've realized that I'm still Vietnamese. I've tried telling people that I'm Korean or Chinese before, and it made me feel much more proud inside, but a lot of times, people didn't even believe me. They told me that I looked way too "Viet", oftentimes with an air of disgust.

I've realized that no matter how much I want to be linked to East Asia, it won't happen. Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese will still look down on us and think we're an uncivilized bunch of apes.
With that said, I am still very proud to be Vietnamese.
I’ll admit: Some times when I’m depressed, I wish I were Korean or Chinese or Japanese, but that’s definitely not all the time.

It's a hard pill to swallow, and I can't say that I've swallowed it yet. But, I am slowly trying to find ways to be proud of Vietnam. Did you know that a company from our country, Vinfast, has made it's way over to America and will become the next major leader in EV vehicles?
Did you know that sometimes, white people can't tell East Asians and Vietnamese apart? I like to try to take advantage of this fact to tell them that I'm Korean, Japanese, or Chinese.
Did you know that Vietnam is slowly becoming one of the greatest economies in the world? Our growth rate is truly something to be admired.

I understand why you're trying so hard to link yourself to the Chinese, because I used to be that way. Truth be told, I still kind of am. It's hard to be Vietnamese in the States, especially surrounded by East Asians. But trust me, life does get better, even for us Vietnamese. Sure, we may never be accepted by the Koreans, Chinese, or Japanese. But, we can still watch our favorite movies on Netflix. We can still eat our favorite foods from Vietnam even here in the States. (Ask me where to find the best Bò né !) We might not be able to marry up with an East Asian, but there are plenty of handsome Vietnamese people.

I hope you find peace, and I wish for happiness to find all Viet Kieu.
We will eventually have something to be proud of as a country; I know it. Just look at our roaring economy!
Just to clear one thing up: I AM proud to be Vietnamese. It’s just that sometimes, I wish I weren’t.

I wish you the best as a fellow Vietnamese.
Việt Nam muôn năm!
dnr at least he wants to be different kind of ricecel instead of white i guess

• JFL
Reactions: aspiringexcel
dnr at least he wants to be different kind of ricecel instead of white i guess
its actually a female so it made me even more confused

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Xangsane, aspiringexcel, murdah and 1 other person

True, I notice that a lot of northern viet women are sometimes much paler than our nation’s women

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Xangsane, aspiringexcel and gooner23
I hope they don't still feel this way today. The Viet Kieu. I knew she must have been old when she was on about being a Toonami addict back in the day. She's only three years older than me

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: murdah and gooner23
Vietnamese women are cute tho

• So Sad
Reactions: gooner23
  • +1
Reactions: Xangsane
Vietnamese women are cute tho
A3E5EDD8 39F1 466E 87E3 B1B5F3535C3B

Both are disgusting

Half Filipinos can look decent though examples.
9DA9B9EC 4C61 4709 B3CB D012E18FA44D

So they win by default (only the Latina passing ones)

• Hmm...
Bruh not even a good example
Nah don't fucking listen to that retarded nigger jfl, he hates asian race to the bones, I'm not sure even why jfl, it's like some asian killed his whole family or some shit

• So Sad
vietnamese are pretty much similar in skintone to southern chinese
they are pale as fuck

• +1
Reactions: gooner23 and Subhuman232
Bruh not even a good example
but tbh asian women are whores, have u seen the wmaf 3 hour vids? :lul:

shits made me so disgusted about asian women

• +1
vietnamese are pretty much similar in skintone to southern chinese
they are pale as fuck
Even the men there are pale asf I have viet friends

• +1
Reactions: traveler
@traveler are u asian? also @gooner23 how do y'all cope by being asian, we probably have the worst race ngl, even below than curries

I mean fucking hell, imagine dating an asian girl and then some ltn deformed white dude comes in, ur asian girl will immediately get stolen even if ur htn

the hundreds of hours of wmaf vids on YouTube has proven enough facts for this

• Ugh..
Reactions: shabby890
@traveler are u asian? also @gooner23 how do y'all cope by being asian, we probably have the worst race ngl, even below than curries

I mean fucking hell, imagine dating an asian girl and then some ltn deformed white dude comes in, ur asian girl will immediately get stolen even if ur htn

• JFL

I mean I’ve never used OLD but like if your a standard Asian your pretty much done for gotta go for a niche or something

Holy I need to delete my shit before my opps get me wtf

Holy I need to delete my shit before my opps get me wtf
nah u good

no body cares about being exposed ever since alex brown got exposed

• So Sad
I mean I’ve never used OLD but like if your a standard Asian your pretty much done for gotta go for a niche or something
Nah I'm not close to standard asian lol, it's kind of life fuel for me ngl, with trimax I'd look like a latino lol, I'm Filipino with some latin blood

but yeah man, I'm so fucking disgusted of this asian whores holyshit, the white dudes going for this whores have no self respect ngl

• +1
I read it all, little weird but seems normal to me, after all it's the fucking internet, everyone have different personality irl and online

• +1
Reactions: traveler and gooner23
lmao she should be proud of her own race

the only race that caused the French, American and Chinese forces to run with their tails between their legs

ironically they are more master race than the East Asians who got owned by white people

• +1
Reactions: gooner23 and gookstar
Doesn’t even look asian, and she’s ugly

that’s the point, she doesn’t look Asian which is why she looks amazing. If he got any of her mothers gook genes it would of been over for her.

Vanessa fogs every gook on earth.

Understandable. East Asians have more SMV thanks to k-pop and anime.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Xangsane and gooner23
  • +1
Reactions: murdah and gooner23
  • So Sad
vietnam has nothing to do with the dog torching slums of yunnan. Its laocels etc who come from there. He doesnt look *pureblooded* kinh at all
*but the first pic resembles me*
rip meraki :feelshah:

Different features
Only NEA is squishy
Only different feature is lighter skin color that EAs have. EA descend from SEA. So cope, they are both squishy squishy!

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Xangsane and murdah
  • +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
Nope it’s bad
Your personal feelings are irrelevant on this matter, Xangsane. What matters is how easily their noses compress and it is easier than EA noses, therefore they are squishier than squishy squishy. They are squishy squishy squishy.

• JFL
Reactions: Xangsane