look at this horrible before and after pic this jaw surgery website posted (JUST LOL)

D

Deleted member 4386

Bronze
They literally ruined this guy's jawline and acted like this was such a great improvement. even had the audacity to use it as an example!

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PYT, Hades, mulattomaxxer and 4 others
They literally ruined this guy's jawline and acted like this was such a great improvement. they had the audacity to use it as an example!

he needed lefort 1 advancement

not bsso setback

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7753, JMax, KDA Player and 6 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416 and Salience
somehow looks better before surgery.

this surgeon should lose their license.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7753, JawGuyFatFaceGuy and Deleted member 5912
This is the result when you get an absolutely bluepilled doctor to decide your jaw movement.

• +1
Reactions: alex569, Deleted member 4416, PubertyMaxxer and 2 others
How do doctors spend years in school and are still fucking retarded

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Hades, Deleted member 4416, Deleted member 5912 and 3 others
Jfl what? They corrected his underbite plus he looks significantly better after.

• +1
Reactions: ScramFranklin
Jfl what? They corrected his underbite plus he looks significantly better after.
They needed to do a lefort 1 in order to move his maxilla forward, instead they moved his lower setback)
If they moved his upper jaw forward he would have looked significantly better
graycel #2

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Deleted member 5875, alex569 and 5 others
look at his jaw line now dude. A lefort 1 would have not ruined his solid jaw line.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416 and Deleted member 6273
The guy also got a Lefort1, you can see the chimping there, if they had advanced his upper maxilla to match the lower jaw you would have a baboon there, sometimes the lower jaw is just too long or your maxilla too depressed. Maybe with a LF3 you can match both without looking baboonish.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
The guy also got a Lefort1, you can see the chimping there, if they had advanced his upper maxilla to match the lower jaw you would have a baboon there, sometimes the lower jaw is just too long or your maxilla too depressed. Maybe with a LF3 you can match both without looking baboonish.
they should not have touched his lower jaw at all. he had a way better chin and jawline before. Horrible result

Everytime i see malocclusion class 3 i think of bringing the lower maxilla forward, not jew surgeons tho!!

they should not have touched his lower jaw at all. he had a way better chin and jawline before. Horrible result
The standard is to cut the jaw, i guess because it is safer. As i said maybe it was too much fwrd expansion for the maxilla, there are limits on what you can do.

if they had advanced his upper maxilla to match the lower jaw you would have a baboon there

i think this is the case. there is a limit with these movements, you can't just reposition every bone. what would happen with his frontal bone, what about his eyes, nerves have to be stretched as well.

@aut0phobic opinions on result and line of thought?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862 and goat2x
Underbitecels are fucked
Either get panfaced or baboon'd

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Are u guys retarded?
he looks better after jfl @ ur monkey brains

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
The standard is to cut the jaw, i guess because it is safer. As i said maybe it was too much fwrd expansion for the maxilla, there are limits on what you can do.
well, my underbite is honestly the same as this guys and I'm getting just my upper jaw moved forward.

he had lefort 1 btw
i dont think they even touched the lower jaw
op insert link

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
he had lefort 1 btw
i dont think they even touched the lower jaw
op insert link
dude they moved his lower jaw back....

• JFL
Reactions: goat2x
his chin / jaw line are not as good.
because his jaw is not in a flexed way anymore, he stopped jutting.
link the post
they didnt even touch his lower jaw imo

I dont know
they definetly did an upper jaw surgery thats 100% ( you can see in the before /After cheekline)
they might did a lower jaw surgery too but if they did that means that they couldnt give him that much advancement to match his upper jaw and lower jaw.
ya both jaws got moved. His cheek area does look better but his jawline and chin got moved back. They should have given him a genioplasty to further bring out his now nonexistent chin.

ya both jaws got moved. His cheek area does look better but his jawline and chin got moved back. They should have given him a genioplasty to further bring out his now nonexistent chin.
Yeah but you acting like they "ruined" it when they probably had no other option is pretty weird,
i dont think this was a PURE aesthetics focused surgery tbh, he can do genioplasty in an other time.

They needed to do a lefort 1 in order to move his maxilla forward, instead they moved his lower setback)
If they moved his upper jaw forward he would have looked significantly better
graycel #2
They needed to do both (which it looks like they did). His mandible's position was comical looking. There was nothing aesthetic about it's prognathism.

Everytime i see malocclusion class 3 i think of bringing the lower maxilla forward, not jew surgeons tho!!
It depends on the severity of the underbite. In this case, it would be ridiculous looking to not move the mandible back.

Yeah but you acting like they "ruined" it when they probably had no other option is pretty weird,
i dont think this was a PURE aesthetics focused surgery tbh, he can do genioplasty in an other time.
my surgeon offered to do a genioplasty during the surgery and mine is a strict health thing as well. That is why the GVT is paying it for me. They still want the best aesthetic possible outcome. In my case, I won't need it because my chin is already sticking out and my lower jaw won't be touched.

It depends on the severity of the underbite. In this case, it would be ridiculous looking to not move the mandible back.
Yeah true i was speaking generally

ya, they may have had no choice, but you have to admit his jawline/chin do not look as good now.

my surgeon offered to do a genioplasty during the surgery as well and mine is a strict health thing as well. That is why the GVT is paying it for me. They still want the best aesthetic possible outcome. In my case, I won't need it because my chin is already sticking out and my lower jaw won't be touched.
and? i really dont think gvt would pay for genio
even if they do it doesnt matter
the fixed this dudes most aesthetics problems and fixed his fucked up bite
the results are good .

ya, they may have had no choice, but you have to admit his jawline/chin do not look as good now.
His mandible DOES look better now. It looked fucking retarded before. Could it use a couple more mm of forward movement of both jaws from the after? I would say so.

But is his mandible in the before aesthetic looking, or would it look better if they left the mandible in place, and just moved the maxilla to meet it? Absolutely not. He looks fucking deformed in the before.

the results are good .
a genio is easy to do man. It is not an expensive procedure and yes the govt will pay for it here. The bite is good but they needed to look at the aesthetic standpoint here, and I think they came up short.

the results are good .
Also, my surgeon told me that moving the lower jaw back can lead to breathing / double chin issues once you get older. My surgeon is red pilled I think and understands how a jaw line can be fucked up from a lower jaw setback.

• +1
Reactions: alex569
a genio is easy to do man. It is not an expensive procedure and yes the govt will pay for it here. The bite is good but they needed to look at the aesthetic standpoint here, and I think they came up short.
Who said its hard?
nobody said, it just not covered up by insurance most of the time,
you judge looks pretty badly if you think he didnt improve
his whole maxilla looks better now.

His mandible DOES look better now. It looked fucking retarded before. Could it use a couple more mm of forward movement of both jaws from the after? I would say so.

But is his mandible in the before aesthetic looking, or would it look better if they left the mandible in place, and just moved the maxilla to meet it? Absolutely not. He looks fucking deformed in the before.
his mandible looked better before. idk what would have happened if they just tried to move his lower jaw forward tho. it may have been too much of a movement.

Also, my surgeon told me that moving the lower jaw back can lead to breathing / double chin issues once you get older. My surgeon is red pilled I think and understands how a jaw line can be fucked up from a lower jaw setback.
If you move the lower jaw back from BASELINE then yes,
his jaw was out of the place in the before picture
its probably in baseline now.

his mandible looked better before. idk what would have happened if they just tried to move his lower jaw forward tho. it may have been too much of a movement.
his mandible looked better before cuz it was in a jutted place 24/7
its not healthy at all+ maxilla was recessed to oblivion.

Who said its hard?
nobody said, it just not covered up by insurance most of the time,
you judge looks pretty badly if you think he didnt improve
his whole maxilla looks better now.
its covered by insurance here. the governm
If you move the lower jaw back from BASELINE then yes,
his jaw was out of the place in the before picture
its probably in baseline now.
ya I bet it is good, I just think a genio should have been done during the surgery. you bring up cost but I'm pretty sure that is covered here if you're getting the jaw surgery as well.

Absolutely not. It's literally meeting the tip of his nose. He looked like a monster, now he at least looks human.

You mean his upper jaw, not his lower. Even if they could do that much advancement, it would still look ridiculous.

its covered by insurance here. the governm

ya I bet it is good, I just think a genio should have been done during the surgery. you bring up cost but I'm pretty sure that is covered here if you're getting the jaw surgery as well.
" Genioplasty is most frequently a cosmetic surgery, meaning people choose to have it for looks and not because of a medical problem. For this reason, it's often not covered by insurance. There are several ways to conduct this procedure: advancement, or moving the chin forward "

The dude had great potential

yes and he actually needs a rhino imo because his nasal base inclination has increased due to the lf1 giving his nose a more feminine appearance
i think this is the case. there is a limit with these movements, you can't just reposition every bone. what would happen with his frontal bone, what about his eyes, nerves have to be stretched as well.

lots of people on this forum don't understand that advancement isn't always the answer, sometimes mandibular setback is better suited on an individual than advancement of both upper and lower jaw.
They want this extremely protruding lower face while completely neglecting the anteroposterior relationship between the upper facial plane and lower facial plane.

This is what you should be aiming for
orthognathic facial profiles and facial concavity
glabella, subnasale, and pogonion almost perfectly in line with each other
ideally glabella and pogonion anterior relative to subnasale or just pg anterior to sn minus C3 malocclusion
Brucewayne

instead
they want flaring dentoalveolar arches and an alveolar process than goes far past the frontal process of the maxilla giving them excessive bilabial and bimaxillary protrusion making them look like a subhuman dog-chimp hybrid

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862, Mayorga and ScramFranklin

you're basically right, there are indeed limits although many surgeons do try to limit setbacks

but yeah, as others in this thread have said, the pictures don't really suggest this is a "horrible" result.

• +1
Reactions: Mayorga
yes and he actually needs a rhino imo because his nasal base inclination has increased due to the lf1 giving his nose a more feminine appearance

lots of people on this forum don't understand that advancement isn't always the answer, sometimes mandibular setback is better suited on an individual than advancement of both upper and lower jaw.
They want this extremely protruding lower face while completely neglecting the anteroposterior relationship between the upper facial plane and lower facial plane.

This is what you should be aiming for
orthognathic facial profiles and facial concavity
glabella, subnasale, and pogonion almost perfectly in line with each other
ideally glabella and pogonion anterior relative to subnasale or just pg anterior to sn minus C3 malocclusion
View attachment 671385View attachment 671388View attachment 671396View attachment 671413

instead
they want flaring dentoalveolar arches and an alveolar process than goes far past the frontal process of the maxilla giving them excessive bilabial and bimaxillary protrusion making them look like a subhuman dog-chimp hybrid
View attachment 671402View attachment 671404View attachment 671406View attachment 671408
thank you, the ante-face meme is honestly so pervasive on looksmax that it makes me cringe

aesthetics aren't just about excess, but that's the prevailing idea on here.

also side note, it's unclear when the after shot was taken so the facial puffiness that subtracts from the quality of the result could be temporary

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Kingkellz and Mayorga
He needed bsso to bring his mandile back. He looks better post op. The problem is that he has too much downward growth (his gonial angle is shit), so advancing his maxillia to meet his jaw will cause him to look like a monkey.