MASSETER ASYMMETRY!?! HELP!!

Perfectumbrain

Perfectumbrain

Banned
Even though I've always chewed with my right side all my life, my left side has a masseter almost twice as big as my right side!?? My right canine tooth is crooked and when I try to squeeze my right side, my left masseter contracts!? HELP PLS!😢😢😢

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614
Probably a bone asymmetry and not only a masseter asymmetry.
Because if it’s just the muscle you could start chewing on the under developed side to balance it out

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21403, metagross, Perfectumbrain and 1 other person
Probably a bone asymmetry and not only a masseter asymmetry.
Because if it’s just the muscle you could start chewing on the under developed side to balance it out
how did you know? My left jawbone is officially sharper and thicker? How can I make it symmetrical and has chewing affected it???
😢

• +1
Reactions: germanlooks
how did you know? My left jawbone is officially sharper and thicker? How can I make it symmetrical and has chewing affected it???
😢
It can be and is probably just genetically.
But it could also be developed through influences like chew habits. Because chewing can have an impact on the bone development in the long term. And if you chewed more on one side for years it could have made the bone thicker and stronger.

Basically the only two options to that are either implants or bone shaving
But I don’t think that the asymmetry is too bad that it would be worth it. Asymmetries aren’t that noticeable in motion and real life as Long as they aren’t severe.

Edit: it depends on the asymmetry. If your bite is also asymmetrical you can fix the asymmetry without implants but certain jaw surgery’s. But if your bite is straight and good it’s probably just bones size difference and can be only fixed with implant or bone shaving

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Perfectumbrain
Jaw surgery often deals with asymmetries like these.
Not an expert on it but I've seen it plenty of times.

• +1
Even though I've always chewed with my right side all my life, my left side has a masseter almost twice as big as my right side!?? My right canine tooth is crooked and when I try to squeeze my right side, my left masseter contracts!? HELP PLS!😢😢😢

start chewing symmetrically to get a symmetrical face muscle mass

sometimes masseter asymmetry is caused by uneven jaws

@Latebloomer10 💀

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
It can be and is probably just genetically.
But it could also be developed through influences like chew habits. Because chewing can have an impact on the bone development in the long term. And if you chewed more on one side for years it could have made the bone thicker and stronger.

Basically the only two options to that are either implants or bone shaving
But I don’t think that the asymmetry is too bad that it would be worth it. Asymmetries aren’t that noticeable in motion and real life as Long as they aren’t severe.

Edit: it depends on the asymmetry. If your bite is also asymmetrical you can fix the asymmetry without implants but certain jaw surgery’s. But if your bite is straight and good it’s probably just bones size difference and can be only fixed with implant or bone shaving
The thicker and more masseter part has a "perfect" bite, but the asymmetrical part does not have a smooth bite and the force I apply there stretches the left masseter muscle.

• +1
The thicker and more masseter part has a "perfect" bite, but the asymmetrical part does not have a smooth bite and the force I apply there stretches the left masseter muscle.
Then go to an orthodontist and let him check your bite and maybe get x rays done.
How do you ‘chew on one side’? Where would you put the gum? For me it always activates both. I have an extreme case like OP where left one is much more hypertrophied
You use a bigger gum and just chew it with the teeth of the underdeveloped side. The other side will still be slightly engaged but way less than the side you want target so it’s fine

• +1
Reactions: Perfectumbrain and Deleted member 4614
Then go to an orthodontist and let him check your bite and maybe get x rays done.

You use a bigger gum and just chew it with the teeth of the underdeveloped side. The other side will still be slightly engaged but way less than the side you want target so it’s fine
I think I found the problem. damn dude. When I chew any food with the teeth of the underdeveloped side, the other side is busy. how do i solve this?
😕

• +1
I think I found the problem. damn dude. When I chew any food with the teeth of the underdeveloped side, the other side is busy. how do i solve this?
😕
As I said get your bite checked by an orthodontist and tell him about your problem with the masseter activation and asymmetry

• +1
As I said get your bite checked by an orthodontist and tell him about your problem with the masseter activation and asymmetry
I went for this and he said that it was necessary to wear braces and at that time I did not have it installed because I was ignorant and would the braces affect the maxilla?:unsure:

What makes you think it's masseter?

• +1
What makes you think it's masseter?
I notice it in the mirror and when I touch it with my hand, I realize that it is more swollen and hard, but there is also a difference in terms of bone.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7509
I notice it in the mirror and when I touch it with my hand, I realize that it is more swollen and hard, but there is also a difference in terms of bone.
Show me. PM me if u want

Are Ur teeth str8

start chewing symmetrically to get a symmetrical face muscle mass

sometimes masseter asymmetry is caused by uneven jaws
So if I have one bigger masseter should i chew equally on both sides even tho one in more developed or should I chew more on the less developed side?

So if I have one bigger masseter should i chew equally on both sides even tho one in more developed or should I chew more on the less developed side?
jaw angle asymmetry depends most of bone asymmetry rather than muscle asymmetry.
chewing symmetrycally however is a good start, also to prevent temporal jaw joint pain

jaw angle asymmetry depends most of bone asymmetry rather than muscle asymmetry.
chewing symmetrycally however is a good start, also to prevent temporal jaw joint pain
I am kind of 100% sure it's masster assymetry because when I flex them my left one is huge in comparasion with my right one, even if I put my fingers on them, I feel more pressure on my bigger side!

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss