Midface is the most important thing ever

EnglandBadman

EnglandBadman

Ex Drug Dealer
In starting to pay attention to peoples midfaces more and im starting to realise that there is not a single attractive face that i see which has a overly long midface. It is very rare for someone with a long midface to be able to compensate for it with jaw or fwhr (e.g delisola)
150FE74E BD0A 4FF0 B33D 202B794A45CE

Almost all of the unattractive people im seeing always have a terrible midface ratio. It’s probably the most important ratio in facial aesthetics since it directly effects the harmony between the three main features, the eyes, mouth and nose.

4B812832 0AE9 48C1 AD41 83817D5AC5A7

This is basically the same nigga but just with a shorter midface
D62B6120 B58A 4B95 A05E C0CBF8594F5D

This is coming from a guy with a longer midface (0.97-0.98)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, YoYqkim, ElTruecel and 7 others
Dumb thread

• +1
Reactions: Perfection
Also important to not have a recessed maxilla, midface makes up a large proportion of your face,

• +1
Reactions: Mosh12
Midface comparison

Short midface =/= better

Alessandro Dellisola seems to have a good midface and it doesn't seem long either.

Selfie photos make your jaw seem narrower and midface much longer, hence why Alessandro's midface looks longer in selfies.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ElitexElegance, 6′2 still over, blackckatt and 4 others
Means you got damaged DNA or smth. All good looks are really health indicators of our species. I don’t wanna be attracted to sacks of fat but my brain keeps tricking me.

View attachment 2634486

Short midface =/= better

Alessandro Dellisola seems to have a good midface and it doesn't seem long either.

Selfie photos make your jaw seem narrower and midface much longer, hence why Alessandro's midface looks longer in selfies.
leo looks so much more aggressive with longer midface. wasnt short midface supposed to be aggresive

• +1
Reactions: YoYqkim and EnglandBadman
View attachment 2634486

Short midface =/= better

Is a v shape jaw better or square for men?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and Graham
View attachment 2634486

Short midface =/= better

Short midface makes you look juvenile.

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444, MTNAscension2, BrahminBoss and 1 other person
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: penispilled, ManzareK and Phillybeard1996
leo looks so much more aggressive with longer midface. wasnt short midface supposed to be aggresive
Short midface isn't actually a good thing. It's that people just jump form one extreme to another (the obsession over compact midface was real at one point).

It's FWHR and canthal tilt which typically make someone look aggressive or not.

Short midface makes you look juvenile.
This. A short midface is a sign of incorrect development. The same way a long flat midface is too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 50702
Grow beard and you midface would be fixed also gaim fat

Short midface isn't actually a good thing. It's that people just jump form one extreme to another (the obsession over compact midface was real at one point).

It's FWHR and canthal tilt which typically make someone look aggressive or not.

This. A short midface is a sign of incorrect development. The same way a long flat midface is too.
Barett is an abomination of nature.

• JFL
Reactions: Graham
  • +1
Reactions: LowTierVitoBss, MTNAscension2, blackckatt and 3 others
Lol the gook in the after still looks like shit cuz theres a billion failos on his face ( in the before and after). If anything his race is the biggest failo ( proving pheno is the biggest decider) and not midface. U dont know what ur talking about

View attachment 2634486

Short midface =/= better

Only problem in that photo is his eyes look small now relative to the longer midface in the morph

View attachment 2634486

Short midface =/= better

Holy shit he looks completely different, see what i mean about how much midface can impact how your percieved.

Before making the thread i measured delisolas midface in the photo used at the start and it was 0.93-0.94 max

• +1
Reactions: penispilled
Only problem in that photo is his eyes look small now relative to the longer midface in the morph
Maybe, but people I asked said they couldn't see a difference between the two, yet still picked the latter.

I look worse with a shorter mid-face, and I think I'm not the only one.

• +1
I look worse with a shorter mid-face, and I think I'm not the only one.
I have mixed opinions on ideal midface length, i think it differs from person to person, i couldn’t imagine delisola with a shorter midface or his face would look wide asf.
0.94 is pretty good IMO.
I think im obsessing about midface ratio tbh since mine is not 1:1 although it’s technically not that bad at 0.97-0.98, but also ideal midface ratio is one of the most debated topics on this forum, some say ideal is 1-1.05 some say 0.95-1 even a few say 0.9-1 is ideal personally i think 1:1 is ideal and most harmonious

• So Sad
Few people even have these failos to this degree though

that statue seems to hinge on dominance rather than striking a balance. Breker was about reich aesthetic not platonic
Women tend to want to feel dominated. Hence the strong preference for height, even when it comes to the Asian prettyboys.

Granted, the statues jaw is more on the square side as opposed to the narrow side, but it's narrower than the cheekbones, hence why it still looks aesthetic despite being a wider, squarer jaw.

I think im obsessing about midface ratio tbh since mine is not 1:1
Yes. The bigger picture is your recession. Obviously if you were perfectly grown your midface ratios would be better, jawline stronger, cheeks leaner, lower-third more balanced, nose "smaller", etc. signaling out single features can be a waste of time, as in many cases they are linked to other features.

• +1
Reactions: EnglandBadman
I have mixed opinions on ideal midface length, i think it differs from person to person, i couldn’t imagine delisola with a shorter midface or his face would look wide asf.

I think im obsessing about midface ratio tbh since mine is not 1:1 although it’s technically not that bad at 0.97-0.98, but also ideal midface ratio is one of the most debated topics on this forum, some say ideal is 1-1.05 some say 0.95-1 even a few say 0.9-1 is ideal personally i think 1:1 is ideal and most harmonious
I think there's something we're missing beyond ipd that affects the perceived length of the mid-face but I cannot pinpoint what it is.

it might be that the entire shape of the orbital affects it, those that pull it off tend to have wide vertically narrow eyes.

delisolla does not have a long midface wtf

I think there's something we're missing beyond ipd that affects the perceived length of the mid-face but I cannot pinpoint what it is.

it might be that the entire shape of the orbital affects it, those that pull it off tend to have wide vertically narrow eyes.
its clearly FWHR

I noticed that a longer midface "remove" your facial expression like you can only look serious(and not in the good sense of the word). While when your midface is compact your facial expression is more relaxed(?).
Idk even how to describe it but having compact midface is really important.

Fortunately you can both shorten midface and give illusion of compact midface.

@RealSurgerymax designed nasion dropping implants that shorten nose from the root as well as modified L2 and 3 to significantly shorten midface. Orbital box osteotomy now can be done relatively safely and also can fix midface ratio. I don't know how many mms you can make midface shorter tho with those things.

Widening mouth, squaring and widening forehead,cheekbones and jaw angles can balance longer nose and philtrum. Jaw surgery with ccw rotation can also give appearance of shorter midface.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2 and RealSurgerymax
at .97/.98 its not a failo at all you'll barely even notice a difference if you get to 1
When i lift my lips in the mirror to reduce midface length i look noticeably better to me at least

hen i lift my lips in the mirror to reduce midface length i look noticeably better to me at least
I'm sorry sir, the test results came back and you have late-stage autism.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: capybar, mtcut3plush and EnglandBadman
View attachment 2634486

Short midface =/= better

looks psl god in 2nd pic ngl

• +1
When i lift my lips in the mirror to reduce midface length i look noticeably better to me at least
you're prolly just being schizophrenic and delusional, many good looking peope look good with a longish midface, thats why in every feature there's a range, it cant be just an exact ratio in which you'll look good otherwise you're ugly

• +1
Reactions: EnglandBadman
In starting to pay attention to peoples midfaces more and im starting to realise that there is not a single attractive face that i see which has a overly long midface. It is very rare for someone with a long midface to be able to compensate for it with jaw or fwhr (e.g delisola)
View attachment 2634448
Almost all of the unattractive people im seeing always have a terrible midface ratio. It’s probably the most important ratio in facial aesthetics since it directly effects the harmony between the three main features, the eyes, mouth and nose.

View attachment 2634476
View attachment 2634478

Y’all argue too much yea a long midface over 0.9 breaks ones appearance but before that with good facial harmony all that other bullshit doesn’t mean anything …

Short midface was meme all along. Nothing good or masculine about it

• +1
Reactions: capybar
Narrow FWHR is the issue with a lot of these people that have a long midface. Plus many of these narrow fwhr with a long midface are essentially Zygo less

View attachment 2634448

View attachment 2634476
View attachment 2634478

delisola doesnt have a long midface
do ur research lil nigga

No bro short midface is childlike

It’s the midface width that leads to a more aggressive face